Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Ive been hoping for a Patrick Willis
      Good choice!
      The '85 Bears D made Mike easy to remember but I have no problem with Willis. Both great LBs.

Comment

• DragonIce
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
        Make 'em throw to try to keep up..
        You suggest a strategy to "make the Chiefs pass"?

I suppose if the idea is primarily to score a lot to push KC to keep up...we agree 100%!
        Last edited by DragonIce; 09-25-2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Bolts318
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

not true..... not a mosquito bite... its a very bad omen that we cannot tackle or stop the run ...the lack of being able to tackle or stop the run is not something that can suddenly change.......... Dallas could have scored more points but because we did not score many points they did not need to......
          So true. Mediocre defensive line + mediocre linebacking = Tony Pollard looking like Tony Dorsett.

Yeah, it all makes sense. With you on this. I don't think it's the end of the world to drop to 1-2, but agree it will suck. However, if that does happen, there is an extra game this season and with the expanded playoffs, there will be plenty of time to recover and rack up some wins to get into the post season.
          Not sure how this team can recover from having to play the first month of the season against hostile crowds. I mean Washington, KC, along with Dallas and the Raiders at Sofi, that could be too much for any team. I was the Dallas game and it was Dallas blue 4 seats to the left of me, two more to the right(not to mention being in between Dallas blue spots while tailgating). Needed a telescope to seek out the closest light blue for a high five. Colin Cowherd got it right when he said you can't expect too much from a team that plays all it's games on the road!!! Depressing.
          Last edited by Bolts318; 09-25-2021, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Well, the Bolts just activated Rocky Gaziano and Wooly Egbule for the Chef game..looks like Bosa may be out...

Ahead of Sunday’s matchup with the Chiefs, the Chargers announced a handful of roster transactions. First, the team is officially downgrading Justin Jones to OUT. He’s currently dealing with a calf...

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts318 View Post

So true. Mediocre defensive line + mediocre linebacking = Tony Pollard looking like Tony Dorsett.

Not sure how this team can recover from having to play the first month of the season against hostile crowds. I mean Washington, KC, along with Dallas and the Raiders at Sofi, that could be too much for any team. I was the Dallas game and it was Dallas blue 4 seats to the left of me, two more to the right(not to mention being in between Dallas blue spots while tailgating). Needed a telescope to seek out the closest light blue for a high five. Colin Cowherd got it right when he said you can't expect too much from a team that plays all it's games on the road!!! Depressing.
              Hold KC to 20 points like we did Dallas and rushing yards will be their consolation prize.
              ...If our offense figures how to score red zone TDs. We have been near league worst at scoring offense. With the talent on LAC's O, it's hard to believe that they won't break through their 20 pt ceiling sooner or later. Preferably vs KC.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                Well, the Bolts just activated Rocky Gaziano and Wooly Egbule for the Chef game..looks like Bosa may be out...
                It’s a bitch when teams double team Bosa like the Cowboys did. First time this season I believe. That should have opened opportunities for others to get at their QB. It didn’t really. Do teams know ahead of time that a player will be double teamed and account for that during the week?

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  This is unfortunate. I guess we’re lucky KC isn’t really a running team.
                  I’d be surprised if Bosa doesn’t play.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Opportunity knocking. At least those two won’t be double teamed, heh. LB’s and DB’s gonna have to step up their game on run plays. Miffs will cost us. KC has good running plays at times, better than the Chargers.

Comment

• I feel like tomorrow is an overly important game for the Bolts. I want to see how they come back from a game they should have won except for mental errors/mistakes. Cause if they cannot fix that it will be a long frustrating season.

I have no idea how the defense will perform, but I think the offense needs to take several long shots tomorrow to keep up with KC.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Working a trick play into tomorrow’s game plan
                        would not disappoint me.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

This feels to me a little like the 2006 season, early on. That team was a bit of a mystery early. We didn't know what to expect. We were still figuring out the character of the team. We didn't know whether Rivers was the real deal, he was just starting his playing career. They won the first two games by a combined 60 points, then lost to the Ravens by three in Week 3. We also had a rookie starting right away at left tackle. After falling to 2-1, they won the next two games fairly convincingly, then lost to the Chiefs by 3 to fall to 4-2. But then they didn't lose again and set a franchise record with 14 wins, including back-to-back insane comeback wins in Denver and Cincy. We can only hope this team duplicate's some of the 2006 team's success, without failing the playoffs of course.

Comment

Working...
                          X