• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Dallas rushing yards vs LAC was an annoying mosquito bite.
    We allowed them 20 points. Dallas scored 29 on the SB Champ Bucs the week before.
    We played better D vs Dal than rhe 2020 SB Champs.
    With half the penalty flags we'd have crushed Dal.
    Play clean ball, get the W.
    The run D will take care of itself. KC is going to air it out.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      Dallas rushing yards vs LAC was an annoying mosquito bite.
      We allowed them 20 points. Dallas scored 29 on the SB Champ Bucs the week before.
      We played better D vs Dal than rhe 2020 SB Champs.
      With half the penalty flags we'd have crushed Dal.
      Play clean ball, get the W.
      The run D will take care of itself. KC is going to air it out.
      not true..... not a mosquito bite... its a very bad omen that we cannot tackle or stop the run ...the lack of being able to tackle or stop the run is not something that can suddenly change.......... Dallas could have scored more points but because we did not score many points they did not need to......

When you give up almost 200 yards on the ground you are not going to win very often.... but our passing yardage given up will artificially be lower than it should be since Dallas was able to run so easily..... we did not give up any 80 yard runs, but we gave up lots of 7, 8, 10+ yard runs..... they controlled the game...... they did not have to throw much......

There were penalties on both teams...... keeping total score lower than it should have been......

The worst defenses are those that cannot stop the run...... because if you cannot stop the run the opponent will control the game and you will not win often.....

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

The Chiefs are a different animal.

That passing offense of theirs is very, very good. I'd almost invite them to run if I was the coach. They may be the only team in the league that I'd like to see run a lot against me.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          The Chiefs are a different animal.

That passing offense of theirs is very, very good. I'd almost invite them to run if I was the coach. They may be the only team in the league that I'd like to see run a lot against me.
          Send the invite

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
            … When you give up almost 200 yards on the ground you are not going to win very often....
            The 70s called, they want their playbook back
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Injury update and coach Staley's football philosophies....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

not true..... not a mosquito bite... its a very bad omen that we cannot tackle or stop the run ...the lack of being able to tackle or stop the run is not something that can suddenly change.......... Dallas could have scored more points but because we did not score many points they did not need to......

When you give up almost 200 yards on the ground you are not going to win very often.... but our passing yardage given up will artificially be lower than it should be since Dallas was able to run so easily..... we did not give up any 80 yard runs, but we gave up lots of 7, 8, 10+ yard runs..... they controlled the game...... they did not have to throw much......

There were penalties on both teams...... keeping total score lower than it should have been......

The worst defenses are those that cannot stop the run...... because if you cannot stop the run the opponent will control the game and you will not win often.....
                Actually, it can...if issues continue, put Tranquil in more, put Niemann in, call up Merrill, play more Gaziano, even try Fehoko. Let the starters know it's time to get down and dirty...the majority of problems I have seen so far have been tackling and not coming off blocks soon enough...this is player execution, and if they won't execute, they need to be held accountable...accountability something I am hoping this new staff will appreciate and enforce....I know respected leaders like James and Bosa will be all about that...so I don't worry about hurt feelings or locker room issues. It's on the tape...the players only have themselves to blame. Time to man up.

Hopefully, and quite possibly, these issues will get tightened up...and when we get Jones and Harris back, that will help also.

The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Tillery and Murray are currently the weak points of this defense.... they need to up their game. Its very simple, players should be executing their assignments.

RT is the other problem of this team. Easy to solve. Just 3 positions. My 2 cents...

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Listening to Staley, he thinks it’s adjusting to roles in the new defense and that the team is getting better at it and the coaches better at it. So we should see improvement. I’ll be looking for that. After the 1st quarter against Dallas the Chargers only gave up 6 points. If they had executed in RZ and avoided some stupid, albeit questionable, penalties they might have beaten Dallas by 2 scores.

big game in KC. Will be tough to go 1-2 with Raiders, Cleve, Balt and NE on deck

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Listening to Staley, he thinks it’s adjusting to roles in the new defense and that the team is getting better at it and the coaches better at it. So we should see improvement. I’ll be looking for that. After the 1st quarter against Dallas the Chargers only gave up 6 points. If they had executed in RZ and avoided some stupid, albeit questionable, penalties they might have beaten Dallas by 2 scores.

big game in KC. Will be tough to go 1-2 with Raiders, Cleve, Balt and NE on deck
                      Yeah, it all makes sense. With you on this. I don't think it's the end of the world to drop to 1-2, but agree it will suck. However, if that does happen, there is an extra game this season and with the expanded playoffs, there will be plenty of time to recover and rack up some wins to get into the post season.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, it all makes sense. With you on this. I don't think it's the end of the world to drop to 1-2, but agree it will suck. However, if that does happen, there is an extra game this season and with the expanded playoffs, there will be plenty of time to recover and rack up some wins to get into the post season.
                        Psychological must win. KC has been the mountain in our division. Can we finally reach the top? Will be the difference between walking into SoFi on Monday night next week with swagger or desperation

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                          Injury update and coach Staley's football philosophies....

Very good and instructive presser. I just can't help but be impressed with Staley. He's so thorough! I think this team will be better and better as the weeks roll by.

Something that jumped out at me from this one - I had criticized them for not bringing up Merrill. In this presser he mentions that Merrill "has a toe problem". I think that's one of those things that we don't know is going on but the coaching staff knows about. I take it as a reminder that maybe I shouldn't be thinking I know more about the team than I actually know.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X