• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    So at NFL.com the Next Gen Stats Decision Guide (whatever TF that is) says that Staley's decisions late in the game (they mention the tying figgie and then the TD pass to MW for the win) as "SUBOPTIMAL DECISIONS FOR THE WIN" Dear NFL, please tell AWS to stick it where the sun don't shine. We have a coach with brains, balls and the team responds to that. Armchair Wankers Suck must be their company name.
    The play call was actually a run play with a pass play tag which was a fade to Mike Williams if he was single covered.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

I’ll just note the obvious: the guy many wanted to kick that game winning Figgie missed the extra point after the TD. Trust in Staley.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        I’ll just note the obvious: the guy many wanted to kick that game winning Figgie missed the extra point after the TD. Trust in Staley.
        Even the guy that plays in that stadium eight times a year for several years was struggling mightily to keep it through the uprights on his extra points.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Great win, The D stepped up, Herbert looked great and had a better game than Patrick... & Staley out coached the Chiefs coach.! Thought Austin Ekeler played well also. Teams are going to try and run on the bolts and this so far is what we need to fix, and of course our kicker. If our D can progress and get in the top 5 with Herbert playing the way he is we are going to be in the mix to play for a Championship! Raiders game is going to be tough! It would be nice to see the Chargers come out and play fast and physical and win this next game. Staley v Chucky on Monday night with everyone watching. In the past the Chargers would come out and embarrass themselves in these sort of games. We are about to see if the Chargers are for real because a win over KC and the raiders back to back puts the league on notice going forward in a big way the Chargers are for real!

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2020
            • Send PM

A few thoughts:
            1. I felt the Chiefs got away with PI at least once on that final Chargers drive before the Guyton call. I also saw a BUNCH of holding calls go uncalled on the Chiefs. A ton. So any Chiefs fans blaming the refs for the loss should probably slow down a bit.
            2. Fascinating seeing that Butker may have missed that field goal at the end of the half. I'm now in the camp that he did miss it.
            3. No one in the media has talked about this, but I will: Mahomes doesn't look right. I thought it might be the padding he was wearing, but I checked and he seems to have a gut. To me, he definitely looks heavier than the last two years. When he ran, he looked labored. His mechanics were always questionable, but I saw way more flutter on his passes than usual. I thought it might be due to the wind, but then I noticed that even his shorter passes were not tight spirals and had a lot of wobble. He is a great QB, no doubt, but I saw some things yesterday that made me wonder if he isn't in the best shape right now. If I'm right, then he will improve as the season progresses and "plays himself into shape." Look, Peyton Manning thrived with passes that were wounded ducks. I have no doubt that Mahomes can too, just something I noticed.
            4. Herbert is doing well right now. I think he can continue to improve his reads and improve his intermediate passing accuracy even more. But he is well on his way.
            5. I am getting worried about the receivers, which is odd to say after Williams' 7-122 day and Keenan Allen's constant big catches. I think it is the drops -- that aren't tough catches -- that is bugging me. I am seeing too many passes that are put in the perfect spot, and they aren't being caught. Guyton will not remain the number 3 receiver if he cannot catch the ball. His speed is a great asset, but with this team, he is not going to see many targets and when he does he must catch them.
            6. We still haven't seen this defense or offense click yet. I think this offense will be a top 3 offense by the end of the season, if they keep progressing and maintain their health.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Want to see Palmer out there with Williams and Allen. Dude plays big, he will always get the lesser times 2 coverage, let him feast.

Damn, posting before coffee, lol.
              Last edited by blueman; 09-28-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

If the defense loads up to stop the optimal decision, does the suboptimal decision then become the optimal decision?

Everybody and their moma knew we were running the ball there, except Herbatron. Brilliant.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                  Great win, The D stepped up, Herbert looked great and had a better game than Patrick... & Staley out coached the Chiefs coach.! Thought Austin Ekeler played well also. Teams are going to try and run on the bolts and this so far is what we need to fix, and of course our kicker. If our D can progress and get in the top 5 with Herbert playing the way he is we are going to be in the mix to play for a Championship! Raiders game is going to be tough! It would be nice to see the Chargers come out and play fast and physical and win this next game. Staley v Chucky on Monday night with everyone watching. In the past the Chargers would come out and embarrass themselves in these sort of games. We are about to see if the Chargers are for real because a win over KC and the raiders back to back puts the league on notice going forward in a big way the Chargers are for real!
                  Think of that for a second. Staley outcoached Reid. And Reid is top of the line in my book.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

We won at KC back-to-back for the first time since 2012-2013. We also have the most wins against the Chiefs, 57. Chargers are the team who have beaten them the most.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      It was a windy day. A XP is a 33 Yard FG today.. The game winning FG would of been a XP try before they moved it back.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
                          5. I am getting worried about the receivers, which is odd to say after Williams' 7-122 day and Keenan Allen's constant big catches. I think it is the drops -- that aren't tough catches -- that is bugging me. I am seeing too many passes that are put in the perfect spot, and they aren't being caught. Guyton will not remain the number 3 receiver if he cannot catch the ball. His speed is a great asset, but with this team, he is not going to see many targets and when he does he must catch them.
                          I brought up Guyton's drops before, but some people thought they weren't too serious...well, I think they ARE serious...fortunately vs. the Chefs, didn't cost us the game...but in another game, they might...I say give Palmer more looks--dude seems to have better hands than Guyton...

Comment

Working...
                          X