• Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Penalty eliminates catch or drop.
    ‘I must be thinking of the wrong play by the other posts I’m reading.
    You’re thinking of the 4th and 9 play. Also a drop but got a flag

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Palmer is not a separate discussion when others have been touting him from Day 1 as a player that will fully replace Mike Williams. Medieval peasants were closer to flying to the moon than Palmer is to fully replacing Williams.
      Of course Palmer is a separate discussion! Just because fans touted him as Williams' replacement doesn't mean it's what Telesco has planned. I don't see Palmer's future tied to Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Penalty eliminates catch or drop.
        ‘I must be thinking of the wrong play by the other posts I’m reading.
        Yeah, there was no penalty on that play. You may be thinking of the 4th down play on the last drive where Guyton got mugged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The issue with our offense right now is our red zone offense which looks better after the Chiefs game, but should still trend upward. It’s hard to criticize the play calling when this has been our best game offensively so far. You’re nitpicking.
          Not nitpicking. This was the very thing that killed our offense and cost us games last year. It matters and matters a lot.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Why be predictable either way?
            I don’t want opponents passrushers pinning their ears back from snap 1 to snap 70.
            That’s what happened to Buffalo last year in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Of course Palmer is a separate discussion! Just because fans touted him as Williams' replacement doesn't mean it's what Telesco has planned. I don't see Palmer's future tied to Williams.
              Either Palmer was drafted to be a reserve WR with no eye toward replacing Mike Williams or he was drafted to replace Mike Williams. If he was simply drafted to be a reserve WR, the pick was a bad one because we already had solid reserve WRs.

If he was drafted to replace Mike Williams, the pick was a bad one because Palmer cannot fully replace Mike Williams. He lacks the talent to do so.

Either way, the pick was bad.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-02-2021, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I have no idea what a scorer charged him with drop/no drop. As someone who played QB you better believe if I put a ball that a receiver got both hands on and didn't catch it, it wa a drop.
                I looked it up. Per NBC Sports, Guyton has one scored drop in 3 games, less than Allen, Williams and Cook. though Allen and Williams have many more targets.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Either Palmer was drafted to be a reserve WR with no eye toward replacing Mike Williams or he was drafted to replace Mike Williams. If we was simply drafted to be a reserve WR, the pick was a bad one because we already had solid reserve WRs.

If he was drafted to replace Mike Williams, the pick was a bad one because Palmer cannot fully replace Mike Williams. He lacks the talent to do so.

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Not nitpicking. This was the very thing that killed our offense and cost us games last year. It matters and matters a lot.
                    It’s okay to be wrong sometimes. Not everyone can be right all the time like me.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Either Palmer was drafted to be a reserve WR with no eye toward replacing Mike Williams or he was drafted to replace Mike Williams. If we was simply drafted to be a reserve WR, the pick was a bad one because we already had solid reserve WRs.

You've made up your mind about it, for sure.

Comment

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live
                        So your preference is for us to pick reserve players that do not help our team. Got it.

Comment

It’s okay to be wrong sometimes. Not everyone can be right all the time like me.
                          Re-watch the 2020 season. You should see the problem I am discussing when you do so.

Comment

Working...
                          X