• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    It's pretty funny to go back and read the GDT after the fact. Emotions run so high and the players (except Herbert) and coaches all suck. I couldn't post during the game as I had to watch it from a sports bar as my house is for sale and the realtors scheduled showings during the game - ugh.
    I hear u, Rich...we've got our place up for sale also...can't stand it when the realtor calls and wants us to clear out for a showing in 30 minutes...I usually tell her to give us at least an hour to get ready...and now the market is cooling off...ugh...

Comment

• JupiterBolt
      ~ Charger Fan ~
      • Sep 2018
      • Jupiter, FL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...to hold onto the rock after hitting the ground like that was just...wow...just...wow...

asj.JPG
      There’s an obnoxious comment for that photo, but I’m not going there!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...to hold onto the rock after hitting the ground like that was just...wow...just...wow...

asj.JPG
        Seriously. It’s absurd so many folks are complaining about him not bouncing right up and running as if he was made of rubber and titanium alloy. Hitting the ground like that would have totaled my car.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Daniel was clear one of his shows: this is his job, he is not a fan of the team, per se. Then, tonight, he went fanboi cause he sees what WE see in Justin. lol
          Yeah he's very clearly being converted. Which may not be good for his job.

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            Tranquill has outperformed Murray this year. If Murray wants more PT he can play better.

He has plenty of physical gifts but he's not processing right yet.

(Would love to have those 2nd and 3rd picks to beef up the lines, but water under the bridge now)
            Yeah expectations are gonna be higher for Murray because he’s a 1st rd pick that the Chargers traded up to get.

Usually you expect immediate results from players when you trade up for them especially into the 1st rd, not projects.

But with that being said, it’s not just Murray, but Nowsu hasn’t looked that good this season either. He’s whiffed a few times including on the CEH fumble play where Nowsu was in the backfield unblocked for an easy big TFL but whiffed on the most basic juke move and Jim Nantz commented on this too…thankfully CEH fumbled few seconds later same play.

Our run defense looked better with Tranquill than Murray as well. I think Dallas perhaps doesn’t run the ball as effectively in week 2 if Tranquill got more snaps like today but who knows.

Like you said, if Murray wants more snaps then he’s just going have to play better because Tranquill has played well whenever he’s gotten snaps so far this season.
            Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
              San Diego Native
              • Feb 2019
              • Farmington, NM
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              It's pretty funny to go back and read the GDT after the fact. Emotions run so high and the players (except Herbert) and coaches all suck. I couldn't post during the game as I had to watch it from a sports bar as my house is for sale and the realtors scheduled showings during the game - ugh.
              At least you got a call. When I sold my San Diego place in 2006, I once stepped out of the shower to find a realtor with their clients, a family of 4, standing in my living room!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Yeah expectations are gonna be higher for Murray because he’s a 1st rd pick that the Chargers traded up to get.

Usually you expect immediate results from players when you trade up for them especially into the 1st rd, not projects.

But with that being said, it’s not just Murray, but Nowsu hasn’t looked that good this season either. He’s whiffed a few times including on the CEH fumble play where Nowsu was in the backfield unblocked for an easy big TFL but whiffed on the most basic juke move and Jim Nantz commented on this too…thankfully CEH fumbled few seconds later same play.

Our run defense looked better with Tranquill than Murray as well. I think Dallas perhaps doesn’t run the ball as effectively in week 2 if Tranquill got more snaps like today but who knows.

Like you said, if Murray wants more snaps then he’s just going have to play better because Tranquill has played well whenever he’s gotten snaps so far this season.
                It should be an evolving competition. We have 3 capable ILBs and we play a lot of formations that require just one. We should always go with whoever’s hot. There’s a good chance K9 will be ILB1 by mid season, when the processing fully sinks in.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                  San Diego Native
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Farmington, NM
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                  It should be an evolving competition. We have 3 capable ILBs and we play a lot of formations that require just one. We should always go with whoever’s hot. There’s a good chance K9 will be ILB1 by mid season, when the processing fully sinks in.
                  Does K9 have any OLB/DE/Edge skills? Maybe use him to push Nwosu...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

Does K9 have any OLB/DE/Edge skills? Maybe use him to push Nwosu...
                    I’d like to see him run blitzing up the gut.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

The Chargers held Mahomes to 5.9 yards per attempt. It was only the third time Mahomes finished with a YPA under 6.0 in his career.
                      From The Athletic.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Daniel was clear one of his shows: this is his job, he is not a fan of the team, per se.
                        Which team is he a fan of then? Maybe Ravens? Looks like he completed his college studies in Baltimore. Just guessing.

- 69-74 record
                        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                          It provides good depth if they can all play at a high level. LBs are a position that constantly gets injured due to the physicality of it.

- 69-74 record

Comment

Working...
                          X