• Show
Clear All
  • FarAwayBoltFan
    San Diego Native
    • Feb 2019
    • Farmington, NM
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
    He always seemed a bit injury prone in the early years, and for games at a time would disappear.
    I've always felt the team picked up Mike's 5th year option to allow them time to negotiate a deal. But, the longer we wait, the more he produces, and the more expensive that deal gets.

Mike Williams' injury history is our leverage to convince him to sign a long term deal now. The sooner the better.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

We have our new Joiner/Chandler-Jefferson Combo this year. And I love it.... is it a premeditaed thing that we always have some sort of Air Coryell offense (At least passing ) no matter the HC or QB?

Comment

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

I had my sights set on Jonathan Allen at #7 in that draft.
        7 Mike Williams
        8 Christian McCaffrey
        10 Patrick Mahomes
        17 Jonathon Allen

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Williams has really improved as a route runner. Look at the move he does at the beginning of his route which allows him to get open.

We talk about how Williams is finally being used properly but the bottom line is that he wasn’t this crisp with his route running before. He’s actually getting separation now where as before most of his catches were 50/50 balls because he couldn’t get separation.

He’s developed well.

BTW Norton gets fucked up so badly on this play. He gave up so many hurries yesterday even if he didn’t give up an actual sack. His man was in Chargers backfield in less than a second nearly everytime.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

This thread cracks me up.
            The vast majority of this board was calling for MikeDub to be traded prior to the draft.
            Posters badmouthing MW for the past 4 years for every reason they could think of valid or not.
            Now the board is on the Dub bandwagon. Funny what 3 weeks/games can do.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
              The vast majority of this board was calling for MikeDub to be traded prior to the draft.
              Posters badmouthing MW for the past 4 years for every reason they could think of valid or not.
              I don't know why that is funny. MW has underperformed, relative to his draft position, for most of his career. I don't think it's being on the bandwagon to be excited to watch MW perform to the abilities he was supposed to bring when he was drafted No. 7 overall. It's more like "OK, finally!"

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't know why that is funny. MW has underperformed, relative to his draft position, for most of his career. I don't think it's being on the bandwagon to be excited to watch MW perform to the abilities he was supposed to bring when he was drafted No. 7 overall. It's more like "OK, finally!"
                The emotional peaks and valleys of posters is very funny to me.
                To go from questioning his talent level to now immediately sign him to a long term deal.
                The ability to turn one’s opinion on a dime is comical here.
                It would worry me in many other aspects of life/reality but here just funny.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                  I was in the dump MW boat, myself. A little premature, in retrospect. My biggest concern is he suddenly underperforms after getting a new, long-term, juicy contract. Have too many bad memories regarding players doing this. I'm hoping he gets a long-term deal and rewards us for years to come. He is looking like the beast TT was hoping for when they drafted him.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    MW is going to be a top 3 WR in the league this year if he maintains his current pace. Staley called him the best player on the field today. Lynn wasted him. Now we see who he is. I’d extend him right now
                    Yep...it's like Lynn and Stitch looked at Mike Will's height and kept sending him into routes that would be heavily covered and MW was FORCED to go up the ladder for all those jump balls...unfortunately, he'd also come crashing down or get speared by a safety, hence his many injury woes...in contrast, Staley and Lombo seem to be sending Mike will into routes where he actually gets separation...(and less contact/injuries)--wow, what a novel concept...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I was in the dump MW boat, myself. A little premature, in retrospect. My biggest concern is he suddenly underperforms after getting a new, long-term, juicy contract. Have too many bad memories regarding players doing this. I'm hoping he gets a long-term deal and rewards us for years to come. He is looking like the beast TT was hoping for when they drafted him.
                      Before throwing bank bucks at Mike Will, I'd kind of like to franchise him after this season, and see if he stays mostly healthy this year and next...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

MikeWill is a very late bloomer, and was drafted ahead of McCaffrey and Mahomes, who have been better players but may not have been on the need list. His first year was definitely like a red shirt year, and he has underplayed his potential until this season. I still want to see him last for most of the season because if he's on the field he's shown he can be a #1 WR. They don't need to re-sign him right away.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...it's like Lynn and Stitch looked at Mike Will's height and kept sending him into routes that would be heavily covered and MW was FORCED to go up the ladder for all those jump balls...unfortunately, he'd also come crashing down or get speared by a safety, hence his many injury woes...in contrast, Staley and Lombo seem to be sending Mike will into routes where he actually gets separation...(and less contact/injuries)--wow, what a novel concept...
                          I absolutely agree that his style in previous years led to lots of those nagging injuries. The coaching staff is using him differently. Some is on MW as he is a much better route runner than before. I'm just enjoying watching him blossom with this coaching staff.

Comment

Working...
                          X