• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

Since I don't see any practice reports today, I assume the Chargers didn't practice. Does the team not practice on Tuesday when they have a Monday night game coming up?

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
      Since I don't see any practice reports today, I assume the Chargers didn't practice. Does the team not practice on Tuesday when they have a Monday night game coming up?
      Tuesday is the normal day off. Monday is for treatment and post game stuff.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Tuesday is the normal day off. Monday is for treatment and post game stuff.
        Thanks! I had those reversed in my mind.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

The Chargers' defense is tied for 7th in fewest points per game (20) allowed. That is better than such teams as the Rams, Buccaneers, Ravens, 49ers, and Seahawks, teams that are known for defense. The Raiders' defense is averaging 24 ppg allowed, 15th. The Chargers' yards allowed per game, 372, is 17th. They are allowing 202 yards per game passing, which is 8th. However, back to back weeks they have played two of the top passing offenses in the league - the Cowboils and the Chiefs - so that ranking is skewed a bit. What is working to keep their points allowed per game down is of course the turnovers the defense has forced. The D's 6 total takeaways is tied for 4th best with two other teams. The Bolts' turnover differential is +2, tied with the Rams for 8th best.

BTW, the Raiders have given the rock away just twice - a fumble and an INT and have a differential of +3.

Comment

• boldarblood
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I love seeing this, 3rd down conversion rate.

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
              Serenity now!
              • Sep 2021
              • North Carolina
              • Teacher
              • Send PM

We matchup pretty well overall but cannot let Waller have free reign and even though our rush defense has been suspect at times so far hopefully we grind down a little bit in that area; it can only improve or at least I hope so.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by The Intellectual Assassin View Post
                We matchup pretty well overall but cannot let Waller have free reign and even though our rush defense has been suspect at times so far hopefully we grind down a little bit in that area; it can only improve or at least I hope so.
                Take away what they do best.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Take away what they do best.
                  You mean execute the same way we did in the KC game? You can never silence a Hill and Kelce, just make them difficult to find.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

^ This. In Waller's 100-yd. game vs. the Ravens, most of his yardage was from short passes. Carr gets the ball out fast, so we may need to have someone like Derwin man up on him, at least part of the time. Occasionally, they will send Waller deeper like here:

waller 1.JPG

On plays like this, Adderley or Gilman will need to move up quickly to break up any deep passes. Gilman especially needs to work on this. I get that he's still learning, but...at 6:20 (link below) vs the Chefs, Kelce caught the ball for a big gainer. Webb got barely beat, but Gilman was out of position and should have moved over quicker to give Webb deep help. Meanwhile, Adderley, left, came all the way over from his side of the field, but the play was on Gilman's side:

gilman out of position.JPG
                    The Los Angeles Chargers take on the Kansas City Chiefs during Week 3 of the 2021 NFL season.Subscribe to NFL: http://j.mp/1L0bVBuCheck out our other channel...

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

We survived Kelce. Waller is similarly dangerous.
                      KC was a good tuneup.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We survived Kelce. Waller is similarly dangerous.
                        KC was a good tuneup.
                        Guarding Hill is just as hard/harder than Waller. But yeah Waller is a freak of nature.

Lombardi, release the Parham kraken!!!

Comment

• foreigner
                          Tom Telesco is gone
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Guarding Hill is just as hard/harder than Waller. But yeah Waller is a freak of nature.

Lombardi, release the Parham kraken!!!
                          Clash of the Titans.... the old movie.

Comment

Working...
                          X