• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Would Forrest Lamp make sense for Las Vegas Raiders’ roster?

The veteran guard is available

By Bill Williamson@BWilliamsonNFL Updated Sep 28, 2021, 2:56pm PDT
    12 Comments

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...ard-free-agent

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Send PM

Raiders fan vlogger praising Gus Brad defense.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Here u go...what I noticed is Gus actually sent 5 rushers several times, but the extra blitzer usually came up the middle and was picked up easily by the Pats, usually the RB...so I think it would be wise on passing downs to keep the RB in for blocking, especially for pressure coming in from Norton's side...Pats also ran a lot of motion...here's a few screen shots for analysis:
        ]
        Thanks 'Cat! Something I'm sure Lombardi & Staley have checked out. Gus vs BB was no contest. The players will be different but still Gus' D.
        We got this.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

I dont expect miracles from Gus since Herbs has such better protection and a lightning arm getting rid of the ball.

im intrigued how our D will make Carr with Chuckie hadnt dismantled his OL in the offseason. I hope Bosa is healthier and hungry. I expect some Carr wreck turnovers Monday night. Sure we will give up yards but hold them to 3s or turnovers is all we need to outscore the Duhs. The Duhs have looked pretty sloppy.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

This will be a high scoring sling fest

:ml:

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              This will be a high scoring sling fest

:ml:
              Maybe. A lotta folks said that about the last 2 games. But so far no QB has managed to throw for over 260 yards on us. Must mean our defense is doing something right.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

The Chargers are dead last on rushing def !

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Would Forrest Lamp make sense for Las Vegas Raiders’ roster?

The veteran guard is available

By Bill Williamson@BWilliamsonNFL Updated Sep 28, 2021, 2:56pm PDT
                  12 Comments

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...ard-free-agent
                  I see him as a fit......so we can get more pressure in Carr.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    I can't recall a time when the Chargers got to face against a former DC in the next year (not as a HC). I'd expect Gus to change stuff up, but how much? Will he use Haywood and Perryman differently than he did with the Chargers? I'm confident we won't see a lot of defense at the sticks as there will be more yardage in the first and second downs and the Raiders will be on their heels.
                    Well fuck. We expected Gus to change things up for four fucking years. Fuck Gus, he’s not capable of changing things up. Don’t just ask us, ask Jacksonville players that remember him
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      The Chargers are dead last on rushing def !
                      I think they will clean that up as the season progresses. Staley's defense focuses on stopping the pass, and defends the run in a non-traditional way that our defenders are still learning and in some cases are having trouble learning. The Chargers are among the league leaders in pass defense, having played two of the top 10 passing offenses the past two weeks. The Raiders are not a very good rushing offense - they haven't had Josh Jacobs - but they are the No. 1 passing team. This is a passing league now and stopping the pass is priority No. 1. It used to the other way around. Teams are running on the Chargers because Staley's defense is really good at shutting down big plays in the passing game. They have to clean up the run defense for sure. But right now, after three games, I'm not overly concerned about it.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

They are going to run on us. That's fine as long as we can hold them to field goals. Answer their field goals with touchdowns, get a good lead, and then force them into throwing the ball on every down. They will revert to the Raiders of old, a panicked & undisciplined team. Must minimize Crosby's impact to make this work, without his impact their defense isn't anything special. Attitude really counts in this particular game. As Hardwick says, "Hit 'em in the F'ing mouth, man."

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                          They are going to run on us. That's fine as long as we can hold them to field goals. Answer their field goals with touchdowns, get a good lead, and then force them into throwing the ball on every down. They will revert to the Raiders of old, a panicked & undisciplined team. Must minimize Crosby's impact to make this work, without his impact their defense isn't anything special. Attitude really counts in this particular game. As Hardwick says, "Hit 'em in the F'ing mouth, man."
                          Yep...looking forward to Herbie lighting up that predictable Gus prevent defense...then watching Chuckie go ballistic on Bradley...get yer popcorn ready, this is gonna be fun!

Comment

Working...
                          X