• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Judge a team on 4 issues: can they run the ball on offense + can they pass as well? 2/2
    On defense: Stop the run + Rusher the passer 2/2

The Chargers are doing those 4 things - as CBS mentioned, the pass rush isn't as consistent as we would like - but I haven't seen this level of execution since 2006 season. The Rams are scary.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Football Outsiders DVOA
      https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...fficiency/2021

Guess who is #32 in ST DVOA?

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Last blurb:

The Athletic - Lindsay Jones 11 (LW 16)
        https://theathletic.com/2855299/2021...her-surprises/

Surprise! We all knew (or at least should have known) that Keenan Allen is one of the most dangerous and well-rounded receivers in the NFL. But what's been remarkable through the Chargers 2-1 start is just how good Mike Williams has been as a red-zone target and one-on-one matchup nightmare. Williams scored two touchdowns last week against the Chiefs, and his four receiving touchdowns are tied for second-most (behind Cooper Kupp, and equal to Rob Gronkowski, Adam Thielen and Ja'Marr Chase) in the NFL. It will be fun to see how a reinvigorated Raiders defense tries to defend both Williams and Allen in Week 4.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          Judge a team on 4 issues: can they run the ball on offense + can they pass as well? 2/2

The Chargers are doing those 4 things - as CBS mentioned, the pass rush isn't as consistent as we would like - but I haven't seen this level of execution since 2006 season. The Rams are scary.
          Stop the run? have we stopped the run?

We need friking John Parrella and Jamal Williams back.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Yet the team still has the same issues as they've had in the past.

They had trouble running the ball even last year. This year the team has a better O-line but they still struggle. Stopping the run has been a big problem for this team for a long time. We keep seeing a D that easily gets run over.

I still see a team that relies far too much on Bosa. Depending on just one or two guys to do it all isn't going to be good in the long run. The saying that you cannot have enough pass rushers is not a myth.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Hmmm, the Chargers are the only AFCW team NOT in Colins’ top 10.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                Hmmm, the Chargers are the only AFCW team NOT in Colins’ top 10.
                The "question mark" in his top 10 is Denver, but you can't ignore a 3-0 record, they beat bad teams easily, like good teams should. I think its a coin flip between the Chargers and Cowboys at #10 personally, have to go with the one that won.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Aikman standings:

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Final rating summary:

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

The "question mark" in his top 10 is Denver, but you can't ignore a 3-0 record, they beat bad teams easily, like good teams should. I think its a coin flip between the Chargers and Cowboys at #10 personally, have to go with the one that won.
                      Then please explain the Chiefs being listed in the top 10.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Then please explain the Chiefs being listed in the top 10.
                        They gave away games, they really could be 0-3 or 3-0 against very good teams, looking back. They move the ball at will, but turnovers were really bad. I wouldn't have put them as high as Cowherd, but I cant see the Chiefs not in the top ten, with so few data points. You better ask Colin.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

They gave away games, they really could be 0-3 or 3-0 against very good teams, looking back. They move the ball at will, but turnovers were really bad. I wouldn't have put them as high as Cowherd, but I cant see the Chiefs not in the top ten, with so few data points. You better ask Colin.
                          1) we gave away our game with Dallas more than they have given away any game this season. Turnovers are not always giveaways they are sometimes takeaways.

Comment

Working...
                          X