• Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Aikman standings:

This might perhaps be the dumbest ranking system I've ever seen.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Aikman has a weird scoring system, see his site.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

This might perhaps be the dumbest ranking system I've ever seen.
        The Chargers are behind the Lions, Texans, Eagles.

I am okay with the Chargers being in the low to mid teens. But this is nonsense.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers are behind the Lions, Texans, Eagles.

I am okay with the Chargers being in the low to mid teens. But this is nonsense.
          Gotta beat the raiders and Browns to make some noise. I think our weak run defense has made us look worse than we are so we drop 10 spots. The next two games will either make or break us in the views of the sportscasters and other NFL insiders. The epic meltdowns of the Chargers in the last decade has made some leery of the organization.

:cheers:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Our defensive stats are pretty lousy, yardage wise, and passing ... you know, drops. Lots of garbage time stats that skew the statistical ratings this early in the season.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Our defensive stats are pretty lousy, yardage wise, and passing ... you know, drops. Lots of garbage time stats that skew the statistical ratings this early in the season.
              Can you recall the last season that the Chargers started 2-1, and WILL BE 3-1 at the quarter-post? And had superstars on both sides of the ball, and cutting edge minds on defense & an efficient offense? The closest I can come in the 2006 season.

Even Bill Belichick admitted that he could not stop the Chargers that playoff game.

Comment

• Hard Charger
                Chargers fan since 1977!
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Can you recall the last season that the Chargers started 2-1, and WILL BE 3-1 at the quarter-post? And had superstars on both sides of the ball, and cutting edge minds on defense & an efficient offense? The closest I can come in the 2006 season.

Even Bill Belichick admitted that he could not stop the Chargers that playoff game.
                The Raiders will have two home games every year when they play us! Once we start whipping their asses again things will change, I hope!

HC

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I also thought we hadn’t done that since 2006, but in 2014 we started out 5-1 but finished 9-7.

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
                    Serenity now!
                    • Sep 2021
                    • North Carolina
                    • Teacher
                    • Send PM

These ratings if you want to call them that are straight horse shit.

Not saying we should be number 1 but clearly better than this drivel.

I've never been a big fan of ranking systems like this anyway and always abide by the actions speak louder than words theory.

Let people keep underestimating us,we'll just keep shoving it up their asses

BoltUp

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by The Intellectual Assassin View Post
                      These ratings if you want to call them that are straight horse shit.

Not saying we should be number 1 but clearly better than this drivel.

I've never been a big fan of ranking systems like this anyway and always abide by the actions speak louder than words theory.

Let people keep underestimating us,we'll just keep shoving it up their asses

BoltUp

Use rating systems at your own risk or amusement If you use them for making bets, you probably are a degenerate! I'll keep posting them as it shows a trend of where the team is at...statistically I don't really care where we are in the ratings, especially in the early season, but in the long run, the cream rises to the top.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Right now, the Raiders are +3.5. I'll take that action. Chargers will win by 3 points 27-24.

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
                          Serenity now!
                          • Sep 2021
                          • North Carolina
                          • Teacher
                          • Send PM

Use rating systems at your own risk or amusement If you use them for making bets, you probably are a degenerate! I'll keep posting them as it shows a trend of where the team is at...statistically I don't really care where we are in the ratings, especially in the early season, but in the long run, the cream rises to the top.
                          Oh for sure pal the best teams will always come out on top and I think we are a top team I really do

Comment

Working...
                          X