Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    The d-line is pretty weak as is. I couldn't imagine it without Liuget.

We keep drafting pass rushers but they just don't pan out. Merriman was the only guy in "recent" years who teams ever really had to worry about.

Ingram could be the guy if he can stay healthy. Hopefully Attouchu takes a step up this year.
    I could imagine the line without Liuget. It would go from an F to an F-. Liuget hasn't been good the last two seasons. There have to be players out there who could do as much as he does for a lot less money. Just because he's our best D lineman doesn't mean he's good.

Saying Liuget is our best D-lineman is pretty much the same as, last year, saying our best runningback was Brandon Oliver or that our best guard was whoever. All those statements are true, but none mean anything special.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• homeless simpson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
      I could imagine the line without Liuget. It would go from an F to an F-. Liuget hasn't been good the last two seasons. There have to be players out there who could do as much as he does for a lot less money. Just because he's our best D lineman doesn't mean he's good.

Saying Liuget is our best D-lineman is pretty much the same as, last year, saying our best runningback was Brandon Oliver or that our best guard was whoever. All those statements are true, but none mean anything special.
      cliche auto response : the coaches see these guys everyday in practice and film so they know more than we do

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
        cliche auto response : the coaches see these guys everyday in practice and film so they know more than we do
        They saw Donald Butler too.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
          Chargers have "finalized" a five-year, $50 million extension with $30 million guaranteed for Liuget.
          Geezus....thats a lot more than i thought he would get. Sorry but i think they overpaid for him. If Luiget is worth that much, Rivers should get 150 million.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

the team says it wants to build the defense around him because of his youth, leadership and intangibles and only missing 1 game so far while playing through injuries. IIRC, they said similar stuff about Donald Butler (except the injury part) and I hope this 1 turns out better...
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

For what it's worth, the early reports on Butler is that he looks significantly better than he did last season. He also had two different off-season surgeries so there was clearly something physically wrong with him last year.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2014
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

I haven't seen or heard the details but based off the $50 Mill with $30 Mill gauranteed might provide Liuget with some Motivation. TT seems to be learning from a few mistakes with previous signings.

The good news is that Liuget has shown signs of getting better each season. That Injured season he played might have slowed his growth a bit but it appears he's on the right track. Yah he's shown signs of greatness and then blows an average play. I'm thinking he'll get time to shine by being surrounded with a healthy team and having some new talent around will benefit him and the entire D

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  For what it's worth, the early reports on Butler is that he looks significantly better than he did last season. He also had two different off-season surgeries so there was clearly something physically wrong with him last year.
                  It's OTAs so it ain't worth nothing right now.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Based on Butler's history, I wouldn't expect that to be different this year.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                      Based on Butler's history, I wouldn't expect that to be different this year.
                      He does have an injury history, but I look at a guy much differently if he is struggling through an injury vs coasting after getting a big contract. The end result are both disappointing, but at least you can hope a guy can catch a break and stay healthy.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Butler needs to redeem himself after letting Manning knock him out for the season.

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                          he has a 5.5 million cap hit this year. It will be interesting to see what the cap is for 2016 since we have a ton of room there..

Would a team actually do that? Spread a chunk of the contract money to the second year because the cap is so low? I'm only asking because if they needed to stay up to the mandated salary cap floor this year, next year might be tight also.
                          Signing bonuses have to be spread out evenly. I suppose you could load up one year but then the following year(s) the player is playing for less money which might make him start to feel unappreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X