• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
    Merill will wreak havoc on the Raiders O-Line. Hopefully, my gut feeling is correct.
    i like that idea.... lol

One thing is Carr is not super mobile, but moves around well in the pocket and he can run for yardage if we do not contain him......

Jacobs is a full go, so they will try and run over us......

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Just wanted to say that even if we lose tonight our future is bright. I think we miss Justin Jones a ton. Once he comes off IR and is healthy we'll be very good to go!

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Realistically, how many plays will Merrill get, fans? 12?

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Let's see if Merrill can stack starting IOL. Good group to get a first run at.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Chris Harris inactive.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Eyes of an assassin…

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Next man up. Telesco on same page as Staley. That’s a good thing. Merrill is inside DT run stopper. If he can chase and run down backside, bonus. Chargers are protecting assets. Get the win. Advance to playoffs then put all chips on the table.

BOLT UP

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It was painful watching Brissett - almost like watching a slow rb playing qb due to injuries.
                    I learned that if Gus is your defensive coordinator, the opponent is never out of a ball game.

Always impressed by Carr, and Ruggs looks real good.
                    Chargers better bring pressure or Carr will have a big night.
                    I think Carr is pretty good too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Here is why I am very encouraged going into tonight's game.

I know this offense is pretty good; it is going to get better every game and it is going to score. My question mark early in the season was the defense. But after three games I have a lot of faith in the defense too. I feel it is going to improve every week as Staley continues to put his imprint on it and the players learn their assignments. The defense is forcing turnovers and for the first time in I don't know how long, the team is in plus turnover differential territory. But too me the most impressive, and indicative, analysis is this:

The Chiefs are averaging 33.5 points per game, tied with the Bills for second most (the Cards are first with 35 ppg). Against the Chargers, at home, the only scored 24, their lowest output of the season.

The Cowboys are right behind the Chiefs, averaging 31.5 ppg. They only scored 20 pts against the Chargers, also their lowest output of the season.

WFT is #11, averaging 25.2 ppg. They only managed 16 pts against the Chargers' D, also their lowest output of the season.

The Chargers are 8th in points allowed per game, averaging 20. But the teams ahead of them haven't played the offenses the Chargers have. The Bills, for example, lead the league, allowing 11 ppg. But they have played the Steelers, Dolphins, WFT and the Texans. They shutout the Dolphins and Texans, both of whom are starting backups at QB.

The Bolts' defense is playing better than is immediately apparent. The Raiders' defense, on the other hand, at home allowed the Jacoby Brissett led Dolphins to score 28 points last week, and Brissett came within one dropped pass of beating the Raiders in OT. The previous week, the Jacoby Brissett led 'Fins were shutout at home by the Bills. They could only manage 17 pts at home v. the Colts yesterday. The 'Fins offense had its best game of the season on the road against the Raiders.

I just see the Chargers as the superior team on both sides of the ball. I also don't see the Chargers playing down to the competition, like they seem to under the three previous head coaches. In their one loss they played what we now know is one of the best teams in the league through 4 games. And in that game, I don't think the Cowboys out-played the Chargers, and it came down to a FG on the last play of the game.

This is why I am encouraged, for tonight's game and going forward.
                      Regarding the part I bolded above--not to mention a whole bunch of crappy calls by officials.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Don’t forget how many times our Gus Defense got burned by QBs who can scramble. It was an immense source of frustration last season. Herbert may be able to tuck and run a bunch in this game and should do it if the seas part. To me he always seems reluctant to run and will go down field on an iffy throw rather than take an easy 5-8 yards

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lyth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Tranquil has played well...... but we have consistently given up over 170 yards per game(as in every game) due to bad angles, and bad tackling....etc and lack of dominating DT's.....
                          My point was that it's not likely to get worse with JJ and K9 on IR. Yes, it's bad...but we also don't seem to be giving up the long passes like last season.

Comment

Working...
                          X