• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I hear you Velo. What I am encouraged about is that win or lose, I think the Chargers finally have an outstanding HC and QB combo. And that means that for the long run, we fans have much to be excited about, even if we lose a few frustrating games this season.

For those talking about being tied with the Bengals for best record, my reaction is (other than it is fun and nice to talk about considering our past) this: do you seriously think the BEngals will make the playoffs? September records don’t mean a lot.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
      The Radahs actually kinda remind me of the chargers at this point...so it should be a close game I think. I don't think Gus Bradley gives them much advantage as the offense is new this year I believe..I am a bit anxious on radah day.

An old AFL story...probably Balboa stadium.

the chargers were playing the Radahs. chargers had the ball. Pre-snap Ike Lassiter(a mean ol radah dl) jumps the line, runs back and pokes John Hadle in the eye...nobody else on both teams even moved. Hadl is laying on the ground holding his eye thru his single bar helmet.

As i recall...the only penalty was offsides I think.
      I would guess it would be a disadvantage for Bradley: Allen/Williams/Herbert practiced against Bradley's D a ton last year and know where the open spots should be.

Bradley knows the type of throws Herbert prefers and the type he can't make, and will shade his defense accordingly.
      Problem is that Herbert is the type of qb that can make all the throws and goes to all parts of the field.

Bradley is aware that Herbert did have problems last year with Miami/New England, but Bradley can't & won't replicate those defenses with their excellent press corners.

My guess is it favors the Chargers.

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Think I'll rock the throwback powder blue LT jersey for this one, because he absolutely OWNED the Raiders.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Im goin with my Bosa jersey tonite.I want em to make CARRbage cry live on t.v. again.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Hayward and perryman have not practiced against Williams in his new role. Nor have they practiced against Cook. And Bradley plays his defense no matter what. That is his M O. And the raiders will be lost if he tries to change it up. Not scared. What concerns me is

run defense
            Special teams
            Herbert has a Stinker (Rivera used to do this 2-3 times a year and seemed to do a lot against Raiders. But I do t see Herbert doing it. )
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

All Chargers opponents so far this year are .500 or better. We’ve played a solid schedule so far and done well even though we are not playing like a smooth oiled machine yet. I’m looking for less mistakes and penalties today leading to a hard fought win. Score TDs, go for 2 and keep Visquaina on the bench.
              not really..... the 3 teams we have played are playing horrible defense so far this year(wash was supposed to be good but they haven't been able to stop anyone) and against those bad defenses Chargers have averages only 22.3 points per game......
              Chargers on defense cannot stop the run at all, allowing over 170 yards per game(teams that do this historically end up with losing records).....

Raiders played 3 of the best/toughest defenses in NFL and have averaged 30 points per game against them ....

It took 4 turnovers to barely beat KC which means if they did not turn the ball over they likely would have routed us.....Chiefs are a bad running team yet they ran all over us.....Raiders run the ball much better..... and they have power runners vs our bad tackling smaller defenders....

The raiders right now are better than the Chargers are, and playing better football on all sides of the ball including ST's.....neither team is dominating in any area and both are close and improving so if both teams play well the game should be close..... Raiders are more physical than Chargers.....

If Chargers play well, the game will be close....... it will likely require the Chargers to find a way to create multiple turnovers to beat the raiders and we also need to stop committing stupid penalties like we have had in all 3 games so far.....

Chargers are 2-0 on the road and 0-1 at home...... this stadium will be mostly filled with raiders fans....... so maybe Chargers play like they are on the road instead of at home?

So far, Chargers seem to be pretty good at stopping the pass, particularly the deep pass......that may be because we are really good at that type of coverage, and the scheme is designed to do that?....or it could be that when you are allowing teams to run at will? ...most teams will choose to do that..... which slows down the game, reduces opportunities to score, and reduces the total score...... Im guessing the the truth is somewhere in between, leaning more toward allowing the running.....why throw if there is no need to do so?

I hate the raiders like all of you do, but I can clearly see that they are no longer the sucky stupid raiders that make bonehead mistakes in critical
              situations to give games away..... Chucky's insane intensity is driving them to success......

This game tonight is only the 4th game of a long season but it is a huge game for first place and an opportunity to knock the raiders down a notch...... Raiders are going to play tough...they see blood in the water a chance to put us 2 games down, So Chargers are going to have to play our best game of the year to beat them......

I see a wild AFC West high scoring shoot out with Chargers winning 35-31

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                Think I'll rock the throwback powder blue LT jersey for this one, because he absolutely OWNED the Raiders.
                He really played well against the raiders...... but those raiders were pretty bad..... those were the "stupidest team in football", according to their coach..... lol

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Going into this game we are better from a defense perspective other than DL

2020 DL = 2021 DL - have not seen and improvement even though Tillery may slowly coming around and no Justin Jones the performance looks the same Bosa is Bosa and we can't say we miss Melvin Ingram because of injuries dude was invisible last year

2020 LB < 2021 LB - White is better than last year, Tranquill healthy and showing up is better than last year core

2020 DB < 2021 DB - Jame back, Asanti is a player, Adderly improving, Davis solid, and not having Mr. Elite is addition by subtraction

Going into this game we are better from a offense perspective just need Bulga to get healthy and TE need to quit all that double motion BS

QB 2020 < QB 2021 - No sophomore slump Herbert is getting better which is scary good!

RB 2020 < RB 2021 - is better than last year if we just stay healthy and don't have to bring up the name Joshua Kelley

WR 2020 < WR2021 is better because Mike Williams is playing out of his mind and KA is KA in the wings Palmer who may start to get more snaps than Guyton

TE 2020 > TE 2021 haven't used the Cooks much and he's been a drive Touchdown killing machine

OL 2020 < OL 2021 Is superior to last year just need Bulga to get healthy

Special Teams 2020 = Special Teams 2021 inconsistent kicking, questionable punt returning with no break away potential, Kick return has regress because we don't want to risk Adderley who is playing well on defense

Raiders only improve in two areas

Carr is playing better than last year, and the D-line is improved through Free Agency other than that OL is bad, WR fast but bad hands other than Renfro, Waller is legit, LB's average, and the DB's are a liability that haven't been exposed yet because Lamar Jackson isn't a pocket passer, Big Ben looks like Old Ben Rice, and Jacoby Brissett 2nd string QB average at best brought Dolphins back pushing game to OT.

We should show out tonight and get the win!!!!!!!

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                    The people have spoken....

That's a curse right there.
                    talking heads of ESPN nooooooooo!

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      I hear you Velo. What I am encouraged about is that win or lose, I think the Chargers finally have an outstanding HC and QB combo. And that means that for the long run, we fans have much to be excited about, even if we lose a few frustrating games this season.

For those talking about being tied with the Bengals for best record, my reaction is (other than it is fun and nice to talk about considering our past) this: do you seriously think the BEngals will make the playoffs? September records don’t mean a lot.

TG
                      I agree..... win or lose, this team is heading in the right direction and as long as we stay healthy should improve as season goes on and year after year......

Bengals look really improved with Burrow at QB and they have alot of weapons.... but i think there are too many good teams this year for them to make playoffs yet...... there will be alot of competition for those WC spots....

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                        Going into this game we are better from a defense perspective is DL

2020 DL = 2021 DL - have not seen and improvement even though Tillery may slowly coming around and no Justin Jones the performance looks the same Bosa is Bosa and we can't say we miss Melvin Ingram because of injuries dude was invisible last year

2020 LB < 2021 LB - White is better than last year, Tranquill healthy and showing up is better than last year core

2020 DB < 2021 DB - Jame back, Asanti is a player, Adderly improving, Davis solid, and not having Mr. Elite is addition by subtraction

Going into this game we are better from a offense perspective just need Bulga to get healthy and TE need to quit all that double motion BS

QB 2020 < QB 2021 - No sophomore slump Herbert is getting better which is scary good!

RB 2020 < RB 2021 - is better than last year if we just stay healthy and don't have to bring up the name Joshua Kelley

WR 2020 < WR2021 is better because Mike Williams is playing out of his mind and KA is KA in the wings Palmer who may start to get more snaps than Guyton

TE 2020 > TE 2021 haven't used the Cooks much and he's been a drive Touchdown killing machine

OL 2020 < OL 2021 Is superior to last year just need Bulga to get healthy

Special Teams 2020 = Special Teams 2021 inconsistent kicking, questionable punt returning with no break away potential, Kick return has regress because we don't want to risk Adderley who is playing well on defense

Raiders only improve in two areas

Carr is playing better than last year, and the D-line is improved through Free Agency other than that OL is bad, WR fast but bad hands other than Renfro, Waller is legit, LB's average, and the DB's are a liability that haven't been exposed yet because Lamar Jackson isn't a pocket passer, Big Ben looks like Old Ben Rice, and Jacoby Brissett 2nd string QB average at best brought Dolphins back pushing game to OT.

We should show out tonight and get the win!!!!!!!
                        I would like to see TE2 get more reps if able.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

Bad news:

Comment

Working...
                          X