Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Chargers rushed for 168 yards last night. Who thought that was gonna happen?
    Austin Ekeler. We are just learning the amount of greatness that guy has. PFP baby.

Also, Rountree was impressive. He hadn't showed much in the previous three games and I was beginning to think he is going to be Joshua Kelley. But he might be a RB who gets better with experience. The Chargers really need another back who can the ball besides Ek. Jackson doesn't appear to be that guy, at the moment anyway. Rountree appears to be a tougher runner than Jackson. Love the scrum run. Also, I think we have to credit the new OL as well. There were a few plays in the run game last night where Ek had huge holes to run through.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Anyone notice Bradley had Perryman trying to cover Cook? Wow, great matching up, there, Gus...

"This time, Herbert hit tight end Jared Cook for a 13-yard gain over former Chargers linebacker Denzel Perryman to keep the possession going. Six plays later, Austin Ekeler scored and it was 28-14 with 5:20 remaining."

Justin Herbert remained poised and productive, and the Chargers' defense was smothering against the Las Vegas Raiders. Here are six takeaways from the 28-14 win.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

…and a TFL for Merrill.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          Anyone notice Bradley had Perryman trying to cover Cook? Wow, great matching up, there, Gus...

"This time, Herbert hit tight end Jared Cook for a 13-yard gain over former Chargers linebacker Denzel Perryman to keep the possession going. Six plays later, Austin Ekeler scored and it was 28-14 with 5:20 remaining."

https://www.latimes.com/sports/charg...ert-derek-carr
          Which Herbert immediately exploited...

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
            A lot of good tweets follow that one if you touch it..
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Yesterday was the first game the Chargers have had this season in which they didn’t draw a “illegal shift” penalty.

Glad that was a focus in practice.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
                Every time the Chargers beat the Raiders, it makes my soul smile! It wasn’t a perfect game, but the result was perfect!
                Well said and I feel the same way. Beating the raiders, especially when they are 3-0 and feeling great about themselves, is as good as it gets.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

LOL. I am inclined to talk shit before during and after games. Not last night, especially exiting the stadium. Vastly outnumbered by drunk and hangry Raider fans.
                  I don't know whether to salute you or throw you under the dumb bus (YES, the "stupid" bus) for going into that crowd to watch a game that the rest of us saw for free AND without fear in our homes! C'mon Jamrock!

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

…and a TFL for Merrill.
                    Bosa with the epic post game mental shots!!!

Like I told folks be patient our run defense can ONLY trend upwards. Once Staley had the right personnel (Tranquil / Merril) we saw a glimpse of our defense in all 3 phases. K9's injury should serve him time to learn the system mentally.

This game serves a blueprint/reminder for other teams to hit Carr and make him curl up.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

9 straight scores in red zone possessions i think now....or close to it. 6 straight division wins.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Bosa with the epic post game mental shots!!!

Like I told folks be patient our run defense can ONLY trend upwards. Once Staley had the right personnel (Tranquil / Merril) we saw a glimpse of our defense in all 3 phases. K9's injury should serve him time to learn the system mentally.

This game serves a blueprint/reminder for other teams to hit Carr and make him curl up.
                        Tranq was tearing it up yesterday. Happy for the guy!

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I don't know whether to salute you or throw you under the dumb bus (YES, the "stupid" bus) for going into that crowd to watch a game that the rest of us saw for free AND without fear in our homes! C'mon Jamrock!
                          Get off the couch and come and support. They need and deserve it. Season is still young but it’s old having to deal with these visiting fans. Sam Farmer had it 70/30 in favor of Raider fans last night. It’s embarrassing. It’s a habit for me. I’ve been going to games since I was a little kid at Balboa. I saw Hadl to Alworth live. It hooked me for life. You too is my guess. So come on out man.

Comment

Working...
                          X