• Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post
    Kinda weird how this game worked out.
    props to coach for soaring high and not being scared.
    Iam not for one going for every 4th down.
    This is not madden.
    Congratulations to coach Staley damn hes got balls once again
    Staley doesn’t always go for it on 4th down. Like John Harbaugh, it’s all based on the analytics.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Do you believe me now?

Your Chargers, 2021 AFC West Champions.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Derwin’s INT was badass and you could just feel it coming. Staley is a trip this is fun to watch develop although I might not figure him out all year but there is a ebb and flow to his games with the quick hammer now and then. Our DBs are WAY more physical this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charge! View Post

That is the deception that happens when you allow teams to run at will..... running the ball burns up the clock, reduces total number of possessions, and reduces total score of game, artificially keeping the game closer than it should have been.......

it took 4 miraculous Turnovers to barely beat chiefs......chiefs would have routed us if not for the 4 turnovers which were fluky......... you cannot count on getting multiple turnovers every week..... if you cant stop the run you can count on being gashed every week......

Chargers defense has forced fewest punts in league......

The
          Chargers defense matches up better against chiefs than it does the raiders who would prefer to run all over us if they can.....

Now if both teams focus on running, this could be a slow, boring low scoring FG struggle...... but odds are that only the raiders will be able to run successfully.....so we will have to beat them with the pass.....

We are not allowing opponents to run at will. We are prioritizing stopping the pass. What usually happens is that when a team tries to run on virtually every play of a drive against us is that the opponent will get some good runs, but sooner or later, there will be a small gain or two or a penalty. It is very difficult to score with almost all running plays. There will be a third down and we will get a stop. And we are passing the ball and moving it more freely than our opponents most of the time.

Your narrative about the opponent's running game being a huge problem is false. Every opponent we have played this season has scored its least amount of points when playing against us. That is 4 teams and 16 games. At some point, it is not a coincidence.

I also disagree with your characterization of the Chiefs game. The turnovers were not miraculous at all. Three of them were forced with a pressure and two perfectly placed attacks on the ball by Campbell. He has two forced fumbles and so does White. It is obvious that Staley is forcing them to pay attention to detail. The fourth turnover was a bad throw by Mahomes that was high and behind the WR with Samuel making a great play.

Mahomes is entirely ordinary in terms of his accuracy if the opponent keeps him in the pocket and puts pressure on him. The last INT was a pressure that forced Mahomes back into the pocket because the DL did not lose containment on the play. That is exactly how you beat Mahomes. There is nothing miraculous about that at all. Where Mahomes is a killer is when he is outside the pocket and off script.

Had the Chiefs not turned the ball over, we still had plenty of chances to make stops. But assuming that the opponent will not make mistakes, whether forced or not, is contrary to the analytical approach behind the Staley defense.

And you force fewer punts when you are creating turnovers and stopping opponents on 4th down.

Hopefully, now you have seen that your discussion about the Raiders is nonsense. The Raiders hit few fluke plays and got bailed out by some poor penalty calls and non-calls and the bouncing of the ball was against us tonight as we had numbers around the Carr fumble, but somehow did not make the recovery and the Renfrow fumble went straight out of bounds. We should have won the game by more than we did. The Raiders only had a little over 200 yards of total offense in the entire game. It was easy to see that we are significantly better than they are.

Comment

• Shout out to Jarod Cook. He has made some clutch plays the last two weeks. Hunter who?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Great run defense (+++ confidence vs Browns).

No illegal shift penalties.

Ekeler through the air and on the ground.

Using the height of our TEs.

No turnovers.

No clock management issues.

Clutch 4th down conversions.

Clutch 4th quarter.

Pregame lightning storm omen.

Victory formation.

^ these are a few of my favorite things…
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

2-0 in the division through the first four games honestly more than I expected but I’ll take it all day. Just wait until Staley has another draft under his belt with a couple free agents.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                  Chargers have choked away leads in so many MNF games with McCoy and Lynn as HC.

This game honestly highlighted Staley being the man in charge and how different he is than those two other idiots that helped waste the prime of a HOF QB.
                  Unfortunately, I think McLoser and Lynn keep Rivers out of the HOF. TT too with his complete ignorance of the importance of building an offensive line.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Oh I stand by what I said. The offense was garbage in the first QTR.

It looked the worst that it’s been this entire season. They got it together after that but make no mistake, it was awful in the 1st QTR. And the defense looked way better. Definitely still stand by that.
                    Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                      No clock management issues.

Great run defense (+++ confidence vs Browns).

No illegal shift penalties.

Ekeler through the air and on the ground.

Using the height of our TEs.

No turnovers.

Clutch 4th down conversions.

Clutch 4th quarter.

Pregame lightning storm omen.

^ these are a few of my favorite things…
                      Staley's in game tactical decision making was absolutely brilliant tonight.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                        2-0 in the division through the first four games honestly more than I expected but I’ll take it all day. Just wait until Staley has another draft under his belt with a couple free agents.
                        I didn't know what to expect when the season started, but yeah, it's definitely exceeded expectations. I suppose they could be 4-0, but honestly the Dallas loss is meaningless.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Unfortunately, I think McLoser and Lynn keep Rivers out of the HOF. TT too with his complete ignorance of the importance of building an offensive line.
                          Rivers was a good QB and he will be HOF. He was not a champion and he was never close to what Herbert is. Rivers had several chance and choked more often than not. Herbert is the guy that is bringing home the trophy.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X