• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Good point but I’m sure other teams watch film and see what he sees.

gonna get a big fine for that ref comment.
    He is going to be fined but even Stevie Wonder saw that holding penalty. It was pretty obvious. He can't get the 15 yarder though -- but thats like an NBA ref blowing a call and T'ing a guy up to add insult. I have no idea how not one of those 7 people saw Bosa being held. The play was so far out in the open - at least a yard away, if not more, from any other players.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He is going to be fined but even Stevie Wonder saw that holding penalty. It was pretty obvious. He can't get the 15 yarder though -- but thats like an NBA ref blowing a call and T'ing a guy up to add insult. I have no idea how not one of those 7 people saw Bosa being held. The play was so far out in the open - at least a yard away, if not more, from any other players.
      Agree. I don’t fault him at all. Like you say it was obvious.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Excellent post. It’s nice to have a HC where you feel like the guy really knows what he’s doing.
        I keep saying it - but Brandon Staley is not afraid to win games. A guy like Lynn was coaching not to lose - Staley coaches to win. And it has to instill an attitude of confidence in the team that will pay off over the long term of a season. I can only imagine that going on 4th down now, the fake punt, going for 2 like against Dallas - will help, hopefully as the winning season progresses and you are facing a 4th down trailing in the 4th or need a two pointer to tie. Team will be prepared

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Correcting factually erroneous assertions does not constitute any hostility, much less extreme hostility as you are suggesting. Not sure where you are getting that from, but it is unwarranted.

Additionally, what was challenged by me were two factual assertions, which were both demonstrably false. It is not an opinion that teams with bad run defenses have won numerous recent Super Bowls in the past 15 years or so. It is a fact.

It is also a fact that currently in terms of passing yards allowed per game, MIA, PIT and BAL (the first three opponents of the Raiders) are in the bottom half of the league. That is not an opinion.
          It seems you are here not to be a Chargers fan but just to be contrarian.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It seems you are here not to be a Chargers fan but just to be contrarian.
            Please don't question member's fandom. Thx.

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Besides Bosa and James, I think Tranquill is the best defensive player that Telesco has drafted.

He has solid athleticism, lot of hustle and high football IQ.

If he can stay healthy I think he can be developed into one of the best LBs in the league.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                Besides Bosa and James, I think Tranquill is the best defensive player that Telesco has drafted.

He has solid athleticism, lot of hustle and high football IQ.

If he can stay healthy I think he can be developed into one of the best LBs in the league.
                Bosa and James were both first rounders who everybody knew where going to excel in the NFL. Tranquill was just some guy that TT grabbed in the 4th round out of his favorite school :rofl:. That makes Dru even more impressive IMO.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Chargers rushed for 168 yards last night. Who thought that was gonna happen?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Derwin is such a difference maker on defense. My favorite player on the team and been that way since about game 4 of his rookie season. Maybe Game 2 when he picked off the Rams in the coliseum that year.

Herbert - guy has some skills and is only getting better. I see Herbert and I think the of Broncos and they passed on Josh Allen. What a lucky day that was for Bolts fans
                    So true B4K.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Excellent post. It’s nice to have a HC where you feel like the guy really knows what he’s doing.
                      I look forward to your Inside SoFi posts !!
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I'm glad that Bosa is willing to take the hit on calling out the officials. The fines go to a good cause and probably tax deductable, but some times you have to wake the main office up. The mistakes in the long run even out, but the goal shouldn't be "be even" but "be fair".

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                          Haha that’s awesome. It’s especially rare coming from Bosa because he usually super low key off the field.

The unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Bosa was crap too. I saw him getting held in the most obvious fashion, the OL basically had him in a headlock and the refs ignore it then had the audacity to penalize Bosa for asking about why they didn’t call the flag.
                          It’s great to see a all in, Joey Bosa. What I’m worried about is officiating, extending unsportsmanlike conduct to any player who questions their authority. Embarrassing them in front of thousands will undoubtedly draw ridiculous retaliation in the form of bogus flags. This is one area, I don’t see any improvement for Chargers this year. I was screaming about the holding too, I was screaming in the Dallas game about all the low hits, and mostly it’s focused on Bosa. He is really has to be a tough SOB to take it, walk away and say nothing.

This maybe biggest test for Staley and Charger organization, how to protect Joey Bosa from teams targeting him and officials looking the other way.

Comment

Working...
                          X