Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Allen sucks we should cut him today.
    WTF?! Allen's initial get off is arguably the best in the entire league and allows him to get open a lot early. He is a great receiver. But deeper crossing routes do not fit his game very well as he does not run away from players. The issue is not Allen, but rather the play calling. Apart from K.J. Hill, who is basically useless as a WR, there is no WR on our roster that I would want to avoid having run that route more than Allen.

FWIW, I was also not keen on running read option plays with Rivers at QB.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

WTF?! Allen's initial get off is arguably the best in the entire league and allows him to get open a lot early. He is a great receiver. But deeper crossing routes do not fit his game very well as he does not run away from players. The issue is not Allen, but rather the play calling. Apart from K.J. Hill, who is basically useless as a WR, there is no WR on our roster that I would want to avoid having run that route more than Allen.

Check your sarcasm meter, Chain. It doesn't seem to be working today.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

That was a catch. Two hands solidly on it in the air, two feet touching the ground. Then he fumbled. But it was first a catch, refs took a lot of yards away from us.
        Yeah, I thought so too.
        I'm surprised the broadcasters didn't mention it, nor did Staley challenge it.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

You don't think he looks out of sorts? Dropping balls, silly penalties- totally UN- Keenan like in the past 4 games.
          Never said he was unproductive just not his normal elite self.
          He has had a few more drops than normal, but I really don't see much "wrong" with him.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Get off the couch and come and support. They need and deserve it. Season is still young but it’s old having to deal with these visiting fans. Sam Farmer had it 70/30 in favor of Raider fans last night. It’s embarrassing. It’s a habit for me. I’ve been going to games since I was a little kid at Balboa. I saw Hadl to Alworth live. It hooked me for life. You too is my guess. So come on out man.
            My friends and I are planning to go to SoFi but still trying to figure out which game. We plan on bringing our toddler with us. Hopefully it comes to fruition.

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              Linsley, Slater, Anderson also making good blocks on the edge. We've been missing this for a long time.

Anderson played a lot last night. I noticed that he was in as the upback in the I formation instead of Nabers.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I was using absurdity to illustrate absurdity.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Good teams and good coaches win pre snap. You have all week to prepare a pre snap game plan. The other team has seconds to react. This team is becoming a pre snap team. There has been (and will be) growing pains but it's still REALLY early.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                    What surprises me is his short area quick twitchiness for such a powerful and heavy guy. Showed up in college tape. Looks promising in a Staley system. I don't think people realize how hard it is to find an effective 3-4 NT in the NFL......let alone one with that's 25 years old and low mileage.

So why was Merrill undrafted?

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Love it! For Adderley to move ALL the way up from deep safety to lay the wood on Ruggs at the LOS...wow...just...wow...

adderley lays wood on ruggs.JPG

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Anderson played a lot last night. I noticed that he was in as the upback in the I formation instead of Nabers.
                        It seemed as though the Raiders were working hard to take away Allen and Williams so Staley wanted to get as many "other" playmakers on the field. That is we saw so much of Anderson and Parham and Cook along with the RB's in the passing game. Anderson is a much better receiver than Nabers.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Gus Bradley schemed to take away Mike and Keenan. I would not say Mike disappeared. And, yeah, Gus took those two guys away, for the most part. But Cook and the TEs stepped up, as did Austin Ekeler. That's why the offense is so good - so many weapons. Yeah, you can take away our star WRs, but we're going to beat you with our TEs and RB.
                          Bradley did take away KA and MW> But hte TEs were very effective: Cook, Parham and that one play to Anderson. Its smart by Bradley - make other players beat you .

Comment

Working...
                          X