• Send PM

Sorry, don't know if this was posted earlier:

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
      Honestly, cook felt like the mvp for us tonight on the receiving end. Allen has kinda been disappointing. Williams disappeared tonight but has been amazing
      ​​otherwise this season.

My guess was that staley would be aggressive in those 4th down situations. Thankfully it's played out that way so far . Lovin it
      ​​​​​

​​​​

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        What a great night - beat the Raiders by double digits on a national TV audience with Herbert and our coach showing the world what we witnessed the first 3 games. When we were lining up for the final kneel down, my realtor called to tell me we had an offer on our house! We made a small counter and if accepted - Nashville, here my family and I come!
        Great location choice! Congrats

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Wow! Great win. Tough night at the stadium tho. Logistics of getting in and out are so poorly thought out. That stupid worthless “lake” is a big problem. Makes no sense. So there was a bit of a riot pre game when Raider fans became impatient and literally stormed the gate and forced their way in.

As for the game, Herbert looked shaky and KA had some drops. MW only had one catch and besides that bad overthrow by Herbert not many targets. If you had told me going in that Herbert would be off and KA and MW would combine for under 50 yards I never would have thought we would win.

but tonight was for the RBs and TEs and defense. 1st half was the best defensive half by a Charger team in years, decades, history? Got a bit shaky in the 3rd but tightened when they had to and good for Derwin closing it out.

really tho it was all about Staley. Huge balls on the 4th down calls and great challenge on the Raiders first down. He’s got these guy improving and I believe.

we have a ridiculous s hedule to open the season. To be 3-1 in the guys first 4 games is outstanding. We can play much better as well
          Yeah, don't remember seeing KA having two drops in one game. The offense still seems a bit off every game, of course they are learning a brand new system this year. It was good to see the Bolts ready to play tonight. You could tell from the start they were fired-up and focused, unlike the Dallas game. Got a chance to see Merrill play, which was a treat. Don't know why the brain-trust that could build such a beautiful stadium could not figure out the logistics of parking. It took us a full hour to get out of the lot. I know many of you view Raiders fans as the Devil's spawn but the majority of them we encountered were quite civil, although they were very vocal. I'd take them over Eagles fans any day. The future is looking very bright, my friends, enjoy the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charge! View Post

You cannot count on creating fluke turnovers.... Before this game, Chargers were worst im the league at stopping the run...... that is not my opinion, but fact...... and in the 60 years i have been playing and watching football, no team wins consistently if they cannot stop the run.....

Tonight the Chargers actually stopped the run for the first time this season .....the past 3 games when we did not stop the run, so no one attempted to throw downfield because they did not have to...... but today we also gave up a huge pass play and a huge PI...... which we have not given up this season.....

My discussion is not6 nonsense....the things i said were true.... the raiders beat 3 very strong defenses prior to this game and struck quickly in 2nd half to make this a one score game, displaying that they have ability...... but Chargers re-grouped and responded with a long scoring drive to put game away..... which was impressive..... this team is learning how to win close games...something they have not done since Bobby Ross......
            Your post is just nonsense. The following teams won Super Bowls despite being bad to horrible in run defense in terms of YPC against: 2006 Indianapolis Colts (32nd), 2009 New Orleans Saints (26th), 2010 Green Bay Packers (28th), 2011 New York Giants (23rd), 2018 New England Patriots (29th), and the 2019 Kansas City Chiefs (29th). Again, your narrative is completely false.

Tonight's long PI call was BS.and the long completion was an anomaly. Every team will give up at least a few of those over the course of a season.

The Raiders beat a BAL team that had no time to adjust due to key injuries involved in their run game and in their pass defense and still needed to fumble in both the 4th quarter and OT to let the Raiders win. The Dolphins were playing Brissett against the Raiders and still almost beat them. Miami's defense is averaging 27.25 points scored against it per game.

All three of BAL, PIT and MIA are in the bottom half of the league in pass defense. Again, your post is complete fiction.

We are the only team that the Raiders have played that is even in the top 50% of pass defenses and we shut them down and held them to their lowest point total of the season and those points were hugely penalty aided.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-05-2021, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

What chances (for a championship) do you imagine Rivers had?

Norv McLynn and injuries pretty much screwed him his entire career.
              How many Super Bowl champions have shitty head coaches?

The 2009 playoff loss to the Jets is the only one where i thought he blew it.
              Rivers was literally the best player on the field that day in early 2010. I was there--my last game at the Q. Drops, penalties, a fluke INT that should have been a reception, plus no run defense, no tackling, the CroPussy play, Kaeding's 3 missed FGs, and a DC that refused to blitz Sanchez on the key 3rd down TD producing play. Rivers put up 298 yards against the #1 rated pass defense in the NFL that day and it would have been so much more if the receivers could have caught anything (like 350+ yards).

Comment

• Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Yeah, don't remember seeing KA having two drops in one game. The offense still seems a bit off every game, of course they are learning a brand new system this year. It was good to see the Bolts ready to play tonight. You could tell from the start they were fired-up and focused, unlike the Dallas game. Got a chance to see Merrill play, which was a treat. Don't know why the brain-trust that could build such a beautiful stadium could not figure out the logistics of parking. It took us a full hour to get out of the lot. I know many of you view Raiders fans as the Devil's spawn but the majority of them we encountered were quite civil, although they were very vocal. I'd take them over Eagles fans any day. The future is looking very bright, my friends, enjoy the moment.
                Four for the season. That might give him the most in the NFL so far this season. My recollection is that one player had three heading into this week's games. Allen and a bunch of other players, including Williams and Cook had two.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Go watch Staley’s press conference. Dude is juiced up talking a mile a minute. About the 4th downs he said Herbert has 100% of his trust because he’s earned it the way he works and plays. Says Herbert is so calm that it makes him calm. Interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                    Raiders are a good team.
                    Their achilles heal is their Oline.
                    Maybe getting Incognito back will help.

Impressed with their D.
                    I disagree. Their defense was crap, but our OL sucked with some awful drive killing missed assignments. That was our OL being bad, not their defense being good. Their CBs are straight trash. Their LBs played well tonight, but are all slow as a group. Herbert missed some wide open throws tonight.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Rivers was literally the best player on the field that day in early 2010. I was there--my last game at the Q. Drops, penalties, a fluke INT that should have been a reception, plus no run defense, no tackling, the CroPussy play, Kaeding's 3 missed FGs, and a DC that refused to blitz Sanchez on the key 3rd down TD producing play. Rivers put up 298 yards against the #1 rated pass defense in the NFL that day and it would have been so much more if the receivers could have caught anything (like 350+ yards).
                      Plus we had won 11 in a row going into that game, we owned Indy back then (but perhaps they were due to finally beat us, would of been in Indy) could of been Brees vs Rivers SB, would of hurt even more for Phil to of gotten there and lost?

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Your post is just nonsense. The following teams won Super Bowls despite being bad to horrible in run defense in terms of YPC against: 2006 Indianapolis Colts (32nd), 2009 New Orleans Saints (26th), 2010 Green Bay Packers (28th), 2011 New York Giants (23rd), 2018 New England Patriots (29th), and the 2019 Kansas City Chiefs (29th). Again, your narrative is completely false.

Tonight's long PI call was BS.and the long completion was an anomaly. Every team will give up at least a few of those over the course of a season.

The Raiders beat a BAL team that had no time to adjust due to key injuries involved in their run game and in their pass defense and still needed to fumble in both the 4th quarter and OT to let the Raiders win. The Dolphins were playing Brissett against the Raiders and still almost beat them. Miami's defense is averaging 27.25 points scored against it per game.

All three of BAL, PIT and MIA are in the bottom half of the league in pass defense. Again, your post is complete fiction.

We are the only team that the Raiders have played that is even in the top 50% of pass defenses and we shut them down and held them to their lowest point total of the season and those points were hugely penalty aided.
                        If you go back beyond this current year...like last season this would be completely true! These teams still have a ton of pride in their defenses and still have some remnants of this DNA. We're all brothers of the Bolt here so no need for extreme hostility. People are entitled to their opinion and some of what they say may be true or parts of it.

:coffee:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          It sounds like Bosa didn’t take too kindly to Carr’s earlier comments about this being a Raiders home game lol.
                          This isn't hasn't been a secret for years.
                          I have mad respect for Carrs mentality and commitment but dude is fragile like a sexy legged lamp.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X