X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Honestly, cook felt like the mvp for us tonight on the receiving end. Allen has kinda been disappointing. Williams disappeared tonight but has been amazing
    ​​otherwise this season.

My guess was that staley would be aggressive in those 4th down situations. Thankfully it's played out that way so far . Lovin it
    ​​​​​

​​​​
    IMO, the offense is misusing Allen at times. I do not get the need to have Allen be the player that is running the intermediate crossing patterns. Here is a newsflash for Lombardi--Allen is not going to outrun anybody across the field (as we again clearly observed when Perryman was basically stride for stride with him). Earlier in the season, we got to watch a Diggs INT when he undercut Allen's route because he is much faster than Allen and easily stuck with him.

Allen gets open quickly with his great initial get off, but often does not stay open for long periods of time because he lacks top end foot speed. So, throwing late to Allen does not work at times. Allen is almost always open because of a move he put on someone. He is almost never open when he is asked to outrun someone to get open, even a slow LB.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Forrest Merrill 87.9 PFF grade for what it's worth. Drue Tranquill up over 80 too.
      UDFA. Minor conference. First game. I would not have thought that was even possible. My expectation would have been in the 40s.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He is going to be fined but even Stevie Wonder saw that holding penalty. It was pretty obvious. He can't get the 15 yarder though -- but thats like an NBA ref blowing a call and T'ing a guy up to add insult. I have no idea how not one of those 7 people saw Bosa being held. The play was so far out in the open - at least a yard away, if not more, from any other players.
        I was screaming at the TV at that moment. The ref calling an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty following that demonstrate of head-up-ass officiating just compounded the head-up-ass officiating.

And speaking of officiating, does anyone else feel like we are getting hosed by it way worse this year than at any time in the Anthony Lynn era? In some of the Lynn games, I quietly felt like we were getting the better of the calls. This year, the refs are making us bend over and grab our ankles.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

IMO, the offense is misusing Allen at times. I do not get the need to have Allen be the player that is running the intermediate crossing patterns. Here is a newsflash for Lombardi--Allen is not going to outrun anybody across the field (as we again clearly observed when Perryman was basically stride for stride with him). Earlier in the season, we got to watch a Diggs INT when he undercut Allen's route because he is much faster than Allen and easily stuck with him.

Allen gets open quickly with his great initial get off, but often does not stay open for long periods of time because he lacks top end foot speed. So, throwing late to Allen does not work at times. Allen is almost always open because of a move he put on someone. He is almost never open when he is asked to outrun someone to get open, even a slow LB.
            They played Allen tough. That said my mindset was we're using Mike Williams as a decoy.....which turned out to be true after watching replays. Mike Williams drew safties away to spring big plays from our TE's and RB's in the passing game. Lombardi knew all they hype/attention our 2 WR's were gonna get.

Note of warning to defenses we've got other weapons. Oh and yes the Parham Kraken as released.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                Besides Bosa and James, I think Tranquill is the best defensive player that Telesco has drafted.

He has solid athleticism, lot of hustle and high football IQ.

If he can stay healthy I think he can be developed into one of the best LBs in the league.
                I like Tranquill a lot, but I think in time apart from Bosa and James and among the players we currently have, that honor is going to go to Asante Samuel, who I underrated in my pre-draft analysis.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

We want to be a LOS team!
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Forrest Merrill 87.9 PFF grade for what it's worth. Drue Tranquill up over 80 too.
                      Just watched the game, and seeing Merrill in there, and making plays, was exciting.
                      Nice to have some depth in the middle.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Allen sucks we should cut him today.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I triple-dog dared anyone trying to move this man backwards one-on-one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1445247516392529924
                          Fireplug Forrest is considered by some to be the strongest man in the draft. Dude deadlifted a MINI-VAN:

Comment

Working...
                          X