Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    A sports radio jock was on KOGO yesterday and said that this dram will hurt the team this year. He expects even to see more other team fans in the stadium than we've been seeing. He said Belicheat was once asked something about how can you be a winning coach and the first thing he said was "Don't coach a team that is moving," based on his Cleveland experience I guess.
    No doubt. And if they start off slowly, it will only snowball. When the die hards on this board start signing off, you just KNOW something is rotten in Denmark. They could be a League joke in '15; a real laughingstock. As it stands, given the Rivers situation, the Weddle situation, the cloud surrounding the city/stadium, it's damn near impossible to think that the team's concentration will be where it needs to be - on the field - this coming season.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If the team moves to St Louis all wager Rivers stays... Besides soon Spanos will not have water for its vineyards in Cali...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        A sports radio jock was on KOGO yesterday and said that this dram will hurt the team this year. He expects even to see more other team fans in the stadium than we've been seeing. He said Belicheat was once asked something about how can you be a winning coach and the first thing he said was "Don't coach a team that is moving," based on his Cleveland experience I guess.
        LOL you listen to KOGO?????
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

What, Old Marine listens to KOGO?

Get off my lawn!!!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            No doubt. And if they start off slowly, it will only snowball. When the die hards on this board start signing off, you just KNOW something is rotten in Denmark. They could be a League joke in '15; a real laughingstock. As it stands, given the Rivers situation, the Weddle situation, the cloud surrounding the city/stadium, it's damn near impossible to think that the team's concentration will be where it needs to be - on the field - this coming season.
            on the other hand, it could cause the team to bind together and focus more intensely than ever before on the job at hand to block out all the other stuff. If they identify strongly enough with the "world is against us" type group thinking it might make them a better team.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              If the team moves to St Louis all wager Rivers stays... Besides soon Spanos will not have water for its vineyards in Cali...
              What label does he bottle under so I can make sure not to buy that shit as well?

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                LOL you listen to KOGO?????
                Yep.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  on the other hand, it could cause the team to bind together and focus more intensely than ever before on the job at hand to block out all the other stuff. If they identify strongly enough with the "world is against us" type group thinking it might make them a better team.
                  Most of the time, when there's a distraction, the players/coaches downplay the impact, saying stuff like "We're all professionals and wouldn't let things like that upset how we perform on the field"...and then go out and stink up the joint. Only to say, after the fact that "All the distractions caused by [such and such] took a toll on us as team".

However, I think you have a good point. This particular distraction is not player- or coach-related. No one has tortured/killed dogs; KO'd his girlfriend'; or beaten his child with a stick. Rivers and Weddle, though embroiled in contract 'stuff' will, in my opinion, put that aside and bring their 'A' game to the field this year. By most accounts the team has improved, particularly on offense. And it appears as of division rivals - Denver, particularly - have regressed. So anything is possible, I suppose.

And wouldn't it be just SO perfect if they defied all odds and went out and won the damn Super Bowl...in San Diego...and THEN moved?? LOL! I mean, how comical would THAT be??!!

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    Most of the time, when there's a distraction, the players/coaches downplay the impact, saying stuff like "We're all professionals and wouldn't let things like that upset how we perform on the field"...and then go out and stink up the joint. Only to say, after the fact that "All the distractions caused by [such and such] took a toll on us as team".

However, I think you have a good point. This particular distraction is not player- or coach-related. No one has tortured/killed dogs; KO'd his girlfriend'; or beaten his child with a stick. Rivers and Weddle, though embroiled in contract 'stuff' will, in my opinion, put that aside and bring their 'A' game to the field this year. By most accounts the team has improved, particularly on offense. And it appears as of division rivals - Denver, particularly - have regressed. So anything is possible, I suppose.

And wouldn't it be just SO perfect if they defied all odds and went out and won the damn Super Bowl...in San Diego...and THEN moved?? LOL! I mean, how comical would THAT be??!!
                    That would make a great movie.....oh wait

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Big Bear
                      • Self-employed property manager.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      That would make a great movie.....oh wait

http://youtu.be/nPH9cWTJgdU
                      Ha ha, nice reference! Except I don't want to see a cardboard cutout of a nude Dean with a piece of clothing removed after every win.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Always was a 2nd rate franchise.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                          Always was a 2nd rate franchise.
                          In a 1st-rate city. A trade I would make any day of the week. Football, baseball, hockey, basketball...spectator sports were always sidelights, IMO, to what a city had to offer.

Comment

Working...
                          X