• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I predict.... PAIN.

Seriously, I expect the team is set up pretty nicely this year. Expect big things - deep into the playoffs type things.

We'll get a good idea of how well they'll do during the preseason. Will the upgraded OL dominate the LOS or not?
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Got no faith in the Trout. We should be better in both trenches, but...also still some weak links.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Expecting significant injuries? Sheesh, can we hope not?
        It's all doom and gloom in some people's worlds.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          The Chargers will finish around .500 again. Maybe a game or two better, maybe a game or two worse. They won't go to the AFC Championship game nor, obviously, will they win the Super Bowl.
          Healthy: 10 wins
          Injured: 7 wins

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'm excited to see in action:

Gordon/Woody

The secondary

The OL

The D front 7

These four/five units should be very much improved from last season (thank you, TT).

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Early predictions from me:

Gordon lives up to the hype
              Watt emerges as a solid center and answers the question who our long term center will be
              The oline has depth and plays as good as, if not better, than the 2013 line instead of the trainwreck of 2014
              Because of the of the above and return of Woodhead, Rivers puts up big numbers
              The defensive line is not nearly as bad as feared
              Stevie Johnson puts up big numbers (partly because he has a good QB and partly because of injuries to other receivers/TE)

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Expecting significant injuries? Sheesh, can we hope not?
                Don't have much confidence in the defense. Also I'm thinking the whole stadium issue will be a distraction. But, 9 wins could win this division this year.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

I think 11 wins the division. Denver still will be tough even with the coaching and ol changes. Manning is still a competitor and elevates them. We might go toe to toe with them though. Final games could be the difference.

Comment

• Faded blues
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Send PM

Chargers enter into negotiations.

Inglewood becomes official with just
                    Rams

Raiders decide between St. Louis and partner
                    With kroenke

All NFL approved

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Don't have much confidence in the defense. Also I'm thinking the whole stadium issue will be a distraction. But, 9 wins could win this division this year.
                      Really? That's odd, it's the O that's been consistently losing us games. D should be nails with the improvements made this offseason, plus getting key guys back and healthy.

I hope OL/Gordon/more Rivers gets us over the hump, but the O has to prove to me they can get points when we need them (but like I said, I'm pretty hopeful).

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Really? That's odd, it's the O that's been consistently losing us games. D should be nails with the improvements made this offseason, plus getting key guys back and healthy.

I hope OL/Gordon/more Rivers gets us over the hump, but the O has to prove to me they can get points when we need them (but like I said, I'm pretty hopeful).
                        Run defense is suspect as is their ability to put pressure on the QB. As a rule I generally don't expect rookies to come in and make the same numbers they made in college. The LBer postions, both inside and out, is questionable. Finally both starting CBs have had some issues with injuries and both are considered undersized. Your starting SS has had injury issues as well (and please don't tell me it doesn't matter because of the rookie we are bringing in because pretty much everyone says he is a project). Your starting FS is not happy with his contract and, to be honest, is better in the box than downfield.

If Gordon can come in and be as productive as Mathews was (when healthy) then the offense could be better. They aren't great at the WR position and Gates is not a young buck anymore. This is the make or break season for Green. Woodhead is coming of a pretty significant injury and is on the wrong side of 30. My experience watching football is that when a RB starts to lose it it happens quickly.

And, finally, I don't think McCoy is a very good game-day coach.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Run defense is suspect as is their ability to put pressure on the QB. As a rule I generally don't expect rookies to come in and make the same numbers they made in college. The LBer postions, both inside and out, is questionable. Finally both starting CBs have had some issues with injuries and both are considered undersized. Your starting SS has had injury issues as well (and please don't tell me it doesn't matter because of the rookie we are bringing in because pretty much everyone says he is a project). Your starting FS is not happy with his contract and, to be honest, is better in the box than downfield.

If Gordon can come in and be as productive as Mathews was (when healthy) then the offense could be better. They aren't great at the WR position and Gates is not a young buck anymore. This is the make or break season for Green. Woodhead is coming of a pretty significant injury and is on the wrong side of 30. My experience watching football is that when a RB starts to lose it it happens quickly.

And, finally, I don't think McCoy is a very good game-day coach.
                          I will give you that last point.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X