Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

9-7
    The final gauntlet of division games packed together tightly will ensure our injuries will mount when we need to win the most.

#runonsentencescanbefunandamusingdontyouthink?
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Guess the glass is mostly empty for some, go figure.

One game away from the playoffs + all the effing injuries last season tells me if we can stay healthy this year - particularly in the trenches, cuz the rest will follow IMHO - we have an awesome team. I mean we had guys starting who had no business being on the team, and who in fact are not now. Says a lot and glass more than half full right now.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Guess the glass is mostly empty for some, go figure.

One game away from the playoffs + all the effing injuries last season tells me if we can stay healthy this year - particularly in the trenches, cuz the rest will follow IMHO - we have an awesome team. I mean we had guys starting who had no business being on the team, and who in fact are not now. Says a lot and glass more than half full right now.
        Sure, but look how the schedule bunches up the majority of our Division games in the 2nd half. Those are very physical games. I just can't see us staying healthy enough by the end of that stretch to get past our usual 9-7.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          Sure, but look how the schedule bunches up the majority of our Division games in the 2nd half. Those are very physical games. I just can't see us staying healthy enough by the end of that stretch to get past our usual 9-7.
          At least we play the Broncos late in the season and with Denver offensive line in massive flux, Manning may not even last until we play them. If he does, he could be pretty battered and ineffective.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Late is the season works to our advantage IMO, against Denver as rich says, also KC cuz they stack up injuries almost as bad as we do. Oak is a wild card, but that's true every year, just never know what to expect out of that bunch. Physical games, sure, but we may well be the more physical team by then, and by a long shot.

I'm looking at a lot of wins this season.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Late is the season works to our advantage IMO, against Denver as rich says, also KC cuz they stack up injuries almost as bad as we do. Oak is a wild card, but that's true every year, just never know what to expect out of that bunch. Physical games, sure, but we may well be the more physical team by then, and by a long shot.

I'm looking at a lot of wins this season.
              Yer bumming everyone out with all this happy talk
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

Bad offseason follows a terrible lame duck season. 5-11

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

I'm waiting for BKR to have one of his dreams.
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

We all love to look at the numbers in sports and have some fun with them.

Sometimes, the numbers are just funny or quirky or a little of both.

Over the past three seasons, the Chargers have finished 7-9, 9-7 and 9-7, respectively, with one of those seasons (2013) resulting in a playoff appearance.

In 2012, San Diego scored 350 points and allowed 350 points. This past season, Mike McCoy’s club totaled 348 points and surrendered…348 points.

During the ’13 postseason campaign, the Colts scored 396 points but gave up 348 points.

What does it mean? It’s hard to tell. But keep this in mind. Dating back to 1970, there have been only nine occasions in which a team scored as many points as they allowed in the same season. And the Chargers have now done it twice in the last three seasons.

I predict we will score more and surrender less...
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

Attachou and Ingram stay healthy, and round into form... the defense will be much better. I like the DB's and it seems like there is some good depth there, in case of injuries in the defensive backfield. Perryman and Emmanual will provide decent depth at LB positions, which will help with injuries.

Offense, the OLine should be better.

Melvin Gordon should be an upgrade at RB.

Not sure if Stevie Johnson will be as good as Royal was. (the past 2 years Royal made alot of good 3rd down catches).
                      -But getting Woodhead back will alleviate alot of that issue.

I see this team as better than last year's... if they can have some good luck with injuries. (Which never happens to this team)

Right around 9 wins again, which could win the division, I see Denver falling back, and KC will be about the same (some improvements, some losses). The Raiders will be better, because they can't really be worse.

Chance at making the playoffs is pretty good. But not a sure thing.

If the team gets in, and depending on the injury front (are guys coming back, that type of thing, or did they lose some guys late in the season), they have the ability to make a run. Not sure how far.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Big Dog
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Predictions -

Fluker at 330 come training camp he plays RT if he is 340 they move him inside to RG.
                        Franklin is our best OL in the run especially
                        Melvin Gordon goes left when he wakes up in the morning to brush his teeth, 1.0 ypc higher when he goes left
                        Gordon wins offensive rookie of the year > 1,000 and 8+ TD's
                        Chargers have 3 recievers go over 1,000 yards
                        Gordon gets 8 or more 20+ yard runs off this year in contrast to Mathews 0
                        Rivers breaks 70% completion percentage
                        Woodhead leads the league in 3rd down conversions
                        Perriman absolutely lays out a returner his very first game, the kind of hit that ends careers
                        Mager tries to keep up with Perriman on ST's
                        Jacoby scores more TD's as a WR than as a kick returner
                        Everyone is talking about how fast the SD secondary is, big jump in INT's and some pick 6's
                        DL still sucks
                        Super Melvin Ingram gets double digit sacks and Attachu falls short with 8-9
                        Perriman in on 1st and 2nd downs in place of Butler after the bye
                        SD at 7-2 going into the bye
                        #3 in the power rankings going into the bye week
                        Lots of Alien talk

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Predictions

Getting the OL back means lots of long drives and eating up the clock.

Oliver and Gordon combine for the best 1-2 combo in football

Only Allen gets 1000 yds receiving, but Gates, Floyd, Allen and Johnson all combine to get close to 40 TD, and that is on top of more running TD.

Ingram and Attoachu both get close to 10 sacks (each), along with some help from their friends and teams being scared they can't keep up if we are running the clock out from the opening kickoff. We finally start to force some turnovers, which shortens the field, and hurts our clock killing, but not as much as it helps points scored and keep the other team backed up.

A lot of talk about Rivers losing it, because we go for a much more balanced approach, but he puts up a deadly completion percentage (over 70%), close to 40 TD and while he only gets mid 3000 yards for the year, he makes any team who blitzes us wish they hadn't, along with keeping teams from stacking the line.

Comment

Working...
                          X