Browns @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
    I have to wonder if the d-line doesn't perform a bit better with an extra day of rest. The defense had one day less rest than the norm due to the MNF game. I HOPE that had something to do with their showing today.
    Best rushing offense facing the worst rushing defense in the league yesterday on one day less rest. I was hoping for better but I don’t think the defense will be this bad again.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Best rushing offense facing the worst rushing defense in the league yesterday on one day less rest. I was hoping for better but I don’t think the defense will be this bad again.
      They gave up 42 so can’t get much worse

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Schofield played 93% (70/75) of the offensive snaps.

On defense, Campbell played 58% of the snaps, Samuel 40%.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Regarding the pass rush, I wonder if against a team like the Browns you have to alter your rush plan because of that running game. And I did see pressure on Mayfield, just not sacks. When that offense is humming its a dream for the QB. That’s why fans here are so down on Mayfield. He has a great offensive mind in Stefanski. He has the best OL in football with the best OL coach in football. He has the best running game in football. He has outstanding WRs (not sure what OBJ’s deal is) and three really good dual purpose TEs. And he has a top tier defense. And lastly, he plays in an offense designed to make it really easy on the QB (Case Keenum had a career year in this offense in Minny). Mayfield is the weak link on that team

TG
              Just a minor correction on the last part with Case Keemun but it was actually under the Pat Shumur scheme in 2017 with the Vikings.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

On the critical 4th and 2 run by Ekeler watch Schofield come across the line to handle Garrett while Parham seals the Db.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I don't believe I had EVER see a team go for it on 4th down from their own 22, unless it was the waning seconds of the game. Unbelievably brash. Unprecedented, really.

And notice how the Browns tried to out-Charger the Chargers early on by going for it on 4th down a couple of times, themselves?
                  Pederson and Reich actually started the craze. I’m glad Staley is following the lead also. Reich, in particular, got a lot of shit for the playoff game against the Bills for going for it and having it failed.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

That was an ugly game. I think KC is on a free fall. The only postive for them is they still have a reliable kicker. Butker doing his thing even in heavy rain. What a stud.
                    Okay, okay now, everybody think about this: stud kicker, 2-3.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I believe it is November 2 - so three weeks away

Teams like the Jags and Lions, probably going to be sellers
                      Same with the Texans
                      We got the bye week coming up to decide also.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Pederson and Reich actually started the craze. I’m glad Staley is following the lead also. Reich, in particular, got a lot of shit for the playoff game against the Bills for going for it and having it failed.
                        I don't think the decision by Reich to go on 4th down was bad - but the play call

One thing I wonder about coaches -- if they know they are going on 4th down - why not run it on 3rd down, meaning, spread the field but allow a draw play, for the Chargers, this would be Ekeler. Might surprise the defense and get the first down.

But Pederson was good about going for 2. And I like that too. Especially with Vizcaino being inconsistent

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

I just watched Skip and Shannon going over this win. What’s up with Skip endless hate on the Chargers. Did they screw him up at some point in time? :shrug:

Comment

Working...
                          X