POLL: Is it Time to Fire Vizzy? - K Dustin Hopkins Signed!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

With 12 missed extra points and 14 missed field goals this weekend I'm not sure there's all these qualified kickers just hanging around
    This is the reason why they made the PAT farther so it is not a gimme anymore.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowachargers 70 View Post
      Think I saw Gostkowski on the list. How come no one wants him? Honest question.
      I believe he in injured.

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

We need to at least make some kicker audition during bye week, I do not want to lose SB this year due to kicking issues

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
          We need to at least make some kicker audition during bye week, I do not want to lose SB this year due to kicking issues
          Agree...if Vizzy can't get his act together this next game, poach Project Veritas...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree...if Vizzy can't get his act together this next game, poach Project Veritas...
            I agree about using the bye week to possibly bring in another kicker if Vizcaino has a tough game in Baltimore.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

This is the reason why they made the PAT farther so it is not a gimme anymore.
              I'm aware of that. But I believe there was 13 extra points missed and 14 field goals missed last week.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I'm aware of that. But I believe there was 13 extra points missed and 14 field goals missed last week.
                Yup lots of misses thoughout the league. Blankenship was awful last night but I think he was dealing with something.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

We as Charger fans witnessed a kicker struggle, get cut and then go onto be stellar. Give Vizzy a chance

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I’m agreeing with Staley here until proven otherwise. Right now almost every kicker is struggling for some reason. Especially in the PAT this past Sunday. Sometimes you need to be patient.

https://theathletic.com/2883526/2021...er-the-browns/

24. After the game, Staley said of Vizcaino: “We’re going to have to deal with this. He’s a young kicker in the league. He has a fantastic kickoff leg, and as a kicker, he needs to be in a lot of those situations to make sure he gets his rhythm and timing.” I followed up and asked at what point missing kicks becomes untenable, regardless of how talented the kicker is. “That’s certainly something to address down the road,” Staley replied. “We do have a good team, but I think he’s going to be part of that good team. We have to stick with him for now, and I have a lot of confidence in him. That’s why I’m talking about it. I’m not just saying it — I really believe in the guy.”

25. Staley addressed the kicking situation again Monday and said this: “I stand behind what I said yesterday at the game after having a day. It’s just like, hey, I feel like this guy, we feel like this guy is a good player, and we got to keep coaching him, we got to stay patient with him, because sometimes that’s what guys like this need, is just some patience, a little bit more experience. And that’s what we’re hoping for and we’re going to stay at it, and I know he’s got the chops mentally, and we’re just going to stick with him and keep coaching the guy.”

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                      No more Kaeding type losses please

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                        The kid has the most desirable trait in his massively strong leg talent.
                        Perhaps we should hire a kicking mechanics coach to specifically get his mechanics/muscle memory in sync for more consistency.
                        What a novel and great idea to actually help the team improve. But demanding someone be cut is easier lol.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                          How great would it be to sign Verity from the Ravens practice squad then use him to beat the Ravens?
                          That would actually be funny.

Comment

Working...
                          X