Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You More Optimistic Than You Were at Any Point in the Philip Rivers Era?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm sorry I think your english translator is not working. I'm not Tom Telesco...but if I was the GM I would have done everything I could to have moved ahead of Miami and not take the chance without giving up the farm (2nd or even 3rd rounder) . TT thought Tua might be alright...TT thought Anthony Lynn was a competent coach. I believed from the get go that Herbert was much better than Tua. Tom Telesco was extremely lucky that shit didn't go sideways and we we're stuck with Tua...

I don't need english translator to know how much it costs to go from 6th to 3 or 4 in a draft.
    TT gave 2nd and 3rd to have a late 1st in that draft !

Comment

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I don't need english translator to know how much it costs to go from 6th to 3 or 4 in a draft.
      TT gave 2nd and 3rd to have a late 1st in that draft !
      So...what's your point? My point is that Telesco was playing chicken across the road. Take a huge chance that Herbert wouldn't be there at #6 to save a 2nd or third rounder and get Tua instead. I'm saying that if the Bolts got Tua we'd have been 2-14, Lynn Fired anyways, No Staley, and Charger organization in complete disarray with no future. The 49ers spent three first rounders for a project QB Trey Lance. The only pass Telesco could have on this is if someone wanted another first rounder to move up two spots in front of Miami.

Superbowl Bound! Yeah Baby!

Comment

Rivers was up against alot in his career with the Chargers.

This is a great video how in 2010 the Chargers had the number 1 offense and defense in the league and still missed the playoffs with their historically bad special teams.

Its a little long (18 minutes) but pretty interesting.

Comment

So optimism about this particular season is one thing but as far as establishing an era I am more optimistic about Staley/Herbert Coach QB combo than I was about Brees/Marty or Rivers/Norv, McCoy seemed like an interesting offensive guy at first but not a leader, Lynn was a leader of men but game management was his greatest weakness

Staley Herbert can be like a Montana Walsh, Belichick Brady, Dungy Manning,, Peyton Brees type of relationship
          Loyal to the Soil salties ex fans were factually more on the fair weather side than those who still Bolt Up.

Spent time at thenflforum and chargersfans.net before this place was established.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            So optimism about this particular season is one thing but as far as establishing an era I am more optimistic about Staley/Herbert Coach QB combo than I was about Brees/Marty or Rivers/Norv, McCoy seemed like an interesting offensive guy at first but not a leader, Lynn was a leader of men but game management was his greatest weakness

Staley Herbert can be like a Montana Walsh, Belichick Brady, Dungy Manning,, Peyton Brees type of relationship
            I wish Rivers got to play for Staley. Staley would have helped Rivers out.

Comment

that defense was scary

Comment

I think it is likely that in 3 years we have the consensus best QB and best coach in the NFL.

That's cause for optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

So...what's your point? My point is that Telesco was playing chicken across the road. Take a huge chance that Herbert wouldn't be there at #6 to save a 2nd or third rounder and get Tua instead. I'm saying that if the Bolts got Tua we'd have been 2-14, Lynn Fired anyways, No Staley, and Charger organization in complete disarray with no future. The 49ers spent three first rounders for a project QB Trey Lance. The only pass Telesco could have on this is if someone wanted another first rounder to move up two spots in front of Miami.

What is the real cost to go from 6 to 3 in a draft ?
                  Mon point is this is too much.
                  Sometimes, it's better to let the draft come to you.
                  Like 2020 !

Comment

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

What is the real cost to go from 6 to 3 in a draft ?
                    Mon point is this is too much.
                    Sometimes, it's better to let the draft come to you.
                    Like 2020 !
                    Probably a 1st and a 3rd.

Edit:
                    this year 12->6 cost a 1st and a 4th.
                    12->3 cost 2 1sts and a 3rd.

Subtract the 2 and you get about a 1st and a 4th for 6->3.

Comment

I'll say 2006-2007 I really thought the Chargers were going to get it done (and no it wasn't all on the fumble). I have yet to get that feeling.

However, long term I think this is the most optimistic I've been for the franchise.

I'm expecting at least one year when I'll be as confident as 2006-2007 and the team finally gets it done.

Comment

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                        I think it is likely that in 3 WEEKS we have the consensus best QB and best coach in the NFL.

That's cause for optimism.
                        Fixed.
                        2021 4 Roo
                        Herbert for 2021 MVP

Comment

Herbert can make better throws on the move.
                          Justin took off for a TD and 1st down last game. Key plays that are an element of his game that I think give him a higher ceiling than Rivers.
                          Inside Players and Edge Players Activate and Express Yourself!!!
                          2022 Draft

1.A.Gardner-CB, Cincinnati
                          2.K.Green-OL, Texas A&M
                          3.CJ.Verdell-RB, Oregon

Comment

Working...
                          X