Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I’d say about 24.
      …not enough

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Anderson can play RB...and we know he can catch...

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ekeler started 11 games in spot starts those first 3 seasons, he started 10 last year and got hurt. Agree only last year he was injured often but he really isnt a work horse type. Id love for us to get a good rotational RB but not sure Roundtree is that guy.
          Roundtree is probably the closest we have as the work horse type. But he plays on special teams, so that has a carry-over on him being on offense. Justin Jackson is capable of providing a spark, but he is an injury concern and I feel he has regressed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            Anderson can play RB...and we know he can catch...
            You think he can.
            ​​​​​​Nobody else does. He isn't particularly fast nor quick but as a TE is open space he has good run after the catch.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You think he can.
              ​​​​​​Nobody else does. He isn't particularly fast nor quick but as a TE is open space he has good run after the catch.
              I thought the Bolts lined up Anderson at RB a few times this season...

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I thought the Bolts lined up Anderson at RB a few times this season...
                They lined him up at FB. On that one play v the Raiders he snuck out of the backfield and he caught a pass and ran with it for 34 yards. It was a pretty big play. FB is Gabe Naber's usual position, but I guess they felt Anderson is the better receiver/ball carrier. Nabers did score 2 TDs last year, both on short passes. Anderson has never scored a TD for the Chargers. Anderson and Nabers are practically the same player - 6 foot 3 and about 230 lbs. Both can play FB or TE, which used to be called an H back.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

I dont think we are done without Ekeler. Are the Chiefs done without a run game? Its Mahomes.. Its Herbert. These guys are machines. I like our chances without Ekeler. He does most of his damage in the pass game anyways. Not sure what we have with our stable in the pass game due to lack of opportunity. Id love an addition to Ekeler though. A guy who can pound and give Ekeler plays off. I really wanted Fournette in the offseason. Thought he was cheap. Gives us a Michael Turner type compliment. Not down on the rest of our guys completely;....but a legit 2nd back made sense to me. Liked the Rountree pick and im hoping he develops.

Thought Chubba would have been a nice pick where we took McKitty. I only had a handful of mocks where he wasnt one of my 3rd rounders. One of my few RB love affairs last year. I like his upside. And he looked good last week filling in for CMC.

Is what it is. But i dont want a RB to back up Ekeler. I want one to compliment him. Fingers crossed on Kelly or Larry.

Comment

• Blastttoff
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

I want a running back that can just be a good check down guy, block a bit and don’t fumble the ball.
                    we have a good enough o-line to get by without ekeler for now.

Comment

• Ubeja Vontell
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2021
                      • Send PM

After watching a day of NCAA football, tons of RB's out there, Shouldn't be hard getting one in the draft, need a big guy a tackle breaker.. Another Natrone Means.

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

A strong, between the tackle type RB could give us what the Saints had when they had Kamara and Ingram. I’m definitely in favor of that and think that a punished bruised would be a great addition. If we wanted to save the draft capital we could look at Kareem Hunt in free agency but our front office doesn’t generally want anything to do with players who have gotten into trouble off the field.

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

We do. He's name is Larry Roundtree. We just need to open up more holes on OL. Jackson could be just as good as Ekeler if he were ever healthy.

Comment

Working...
                          X