• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Keenan game isn't predicated on speed, power or quickness he is an excellent route runner so he should continue to be productive, but Todd Gurley game was predicated on speed, power or quickness and a RB takes more punishment than a receiver.
    Umm, well not sure I'm buying that. There could be something to it though. However,.. ....
    Keenan is running and cutting all the time using his quickness to get open.
    That is still wear on his knees. And let's not forget that he torn his last one making a cut while untouched. Planting that foot in the ground has no mercy on any positions knees. Especially on turf.

A knee joint is a knee joint. The biggest difference between Keenan and a RB is a RB is going into the heart of the defense and getting hit at all angles on their legs. So yes, you are right there.

But Frank Gore had both ACLs torn in College and played up to last year. Everybody's situation and injury is different.

Hopefully Keenan will be good,.... just saying according to that article, he is on borrowed time. Gurleys has unfortunately run out.

Comment

• Biggestfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Chargers do not have a good 1 2 punch. Ekie is going to wind up getting overused and hurt at this rate. Need a power back

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I'm reading the Buc's Ronald Jones II might be available with Fournette emerging as the top RB in Tampa. Though Arians denies it. He's barely 24, 5-11 210lbs. He had 978 yards last season, and averaged 5.1 per carry. He scored 7 rushing TDs and, caught 28 passes, and had 1 TD reception. He'd be an ideal pairing with Ekeler IMO.

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

This bugs me almost as much as TT's sketchy line drafts. Why is it so hard to get some quality backs to complement Ekeler? Some teams consistently get great backs in the lower rounds and we always seem to be stuck with mediocrity. Maybe it's our scouting? Can't believe we have the same scouting crew for the last few years with these regime changes. And don't tell me it's due only to our poor offensive line. I've see way too many other teams with great running behind even mediocre lines. Is it our scheming that needs to change or our backs? Here's hoping Staley & Co. have a few surprises in the ground game for our good pals the Patriots. Done venting, feel better now.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Agreed ^^^^^

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
              This bugs me almost as much as TT's sketchy line drafts. Why is it so hard to get some quality backs to complement Ekeler? Some teams consistently get great backs in the lower rounds and we always seem to be stuck with mediocrity. Maybe it's our scouting? Can't believe we have the same scouting crew for the last few years with these regime changes. And don't tell me it's due only to our poor offensive line. I've see way too many other teams with great running behind even mediocre lines. Is it our scheming that needs to change or our backs? Here's hoping Staley & Co. have a few surprises in the ground game for our good pals the Patriots. Done venting, feel better now.
              Bolts need to invest in a solid RB around round 3 next year...don't wait until round 6 and get mediocre leftovers like Rountree...

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                I'm reading the Buc's Ronald Jones II might be available with Fournette emerging as the top RB in Tampa. Though Arians denies it. He's barely 24, 5-11 210lbs. He had 978 yards last season, and averaged 5.1 per carry. He scored 7 rushing TDs and, caught 28 passes, and had 1 TD reception. He'd be an ideal pairing with Ekeler IMO.
                Remember when Fournette could have been had for peanuts after wearing out his welcome in Jax?
                would have been a perfect compliment to Ekeler then and now
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
                  Chargers do not have a good 1 2 punch. Ekie is going to wind up getting overused and hurt at this rate. Need a power back
                  I do agree with that. I was hoping Roundtree would take a good share of the load to keep Eke fresh but I don't know. Doesn't look good so far. And when Ekeler goes down defenses will simply key in on Herbert...and why not. It's fucking sad and pathetic being a Chargers fan. lol

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Remember when Fournette could have been had for peanuts after wearing out his welcome in Jax?
                    would have been a perfect compliment to Ekeler then and now
                    TT sittin on his hands.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

TT sittin on his hands.
                      Same shit different year.

TT is on vacation mid season.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Of all the things that we could do to improve the team right now, a backup RB is not anywhere near the top of my list.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Of all the things that we could do to improve the team right now, a backup RB is not anywhere near the top of my list.
                          Yeah. It's on the list but this is being a TAD exaggerated. I think for a 7th we can find someone better than the 3 we have.

With CHI getting smoked Hicks may be available. That's a bigger question as far as value.

Or Brandin Cooks. Only $3M or so this year but $12M+ next year. With Allen making $20M would we also give Williams $20M and Cooks $12M? We have the space but that's a lot. He would be perfect in the offense IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X