• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Viejo Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

NFL Teams Reap $226M each in Revenue Sharing

So each one of the 32 teams gets $226 million in shared revenue, mostly from the TV deal. So here's what needs to happen. Each year every team has to give $30 million of that right off the top to the NFL for a "new stadium fund." That way the league would have close to a billion dollars each year to spend on the market that needed a new stadium the worst. Over a 35 year period each franchise would get their new stadium without the league having to rape the fan base in each of those locales. After all, stadia are big money losers to the cities that cave in to the NFL rape job. Make them build their own playpens.

But of course the NFL will never change until they are FORCED to do so. Well I think San Diego and Oakland are about ready to give the NFL the middle finger. Soon the rest of the country will wake up and do the same. I hate to sacrifice my Chargers to this cause but it appears that may need to happen. I say F*CK the NFL. I'm sick of their greedy bullshit.

NFL teams each received $226.4 million from the NFL as part of national revenue sharing from the 2014 fiscal year.
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Noble thought but I think we're light years from the rest of the country waking up. For every San Diego and Oakland there will be a San Antonio waiting in the wings. Europe can also be exploited for locales and even Mexico. The NFL will never willingly pay for stadiums fully.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Doesn't fit the Goldman Sachs "Sugar Daddy" financial model.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Does fit the AEG ownership modle...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Net 84 million after you pay the salary of all the football players. It's tough being an owner in the NFL.
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
            Net 84 million after you pay the salary of all the football players. It's tough being an owner in the NFL.
            And u have enough to pay your idiot savant commish....
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

And your inflammatory mouth pieceofshit...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                Net $84 million? So the coaches, trainers, doctors, front office, equipment, food, supplies, travel expenses and all the literally thousands of things the team spends money on are all free? The $84 million figure is meaningless without some context on what operating expenses really cost. Having said that, I don't believe that number included the money from tickets.

Comment

• Faded blues
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Net $84 million? So the coaches, trainers, doctors, front office, equipment, food, supplies, travel expenses and all the literally thousands of things the team spends money on are all free? The $84 million figure is meaningless without some context on what operating expenses really cost. Having said that, I don't believe that number included the money from tickets.
                  This.

The packers are a publicly traded company so when they announced a net profit of 26 million its has to be relatively accurate.

Where the Chargers profit is that they have no rent or maintenance payments.
                  Last edited by Faded blues; 07-20-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                    This.

The packers are a publicly traded company so when they announced a net profit of 26 million its has to be relatively accurate.

...and they don't have to pay their mascot
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Viejo Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      That figure was just the shared revenue. Teams vary on the income they generate after that.

Comment

• onelazyfock
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                        This.

I would bet a lot of money the Chargers don't have close to the revenue of the packers, because they don't have the attendance or merchandise sales anywhere near the packers. 26 million for a company that has well over 100 million in costs is below average. This attitude that these companies are like charities and shouldn't be making money is hilarious. They are a business and I am a customer. If they aren't making a profit they won't be in business long.
                        Last edited by onelazyfock; 07-21-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X