Steelers @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jox g
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He’s under less pressure because the left side is better but also because he’s getting the ball out quicker with those short throws to negate the right side’s issues. Lombardi is also trying to roll him out and do a bunch of things to alleviate pressure. This was from against the Eagles but it seems this is the general game plan when they face an opponent. Unfortunately, sometimes it doesn’t always work. It seems that when Herbert is under pressure, he’s not making the same plays as he did last year. Hence why it’s such a volatile stat compared to making plays from a clean pocket.

Nicely analyzed!

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He’s under less pressure because the left side is better but also because he’s getting the ball out quicker with those short throws to negate the right side’s issues. Lombardi is also trying to roll him out and do a bunch of things to alleviate pressure. This was from against the Eagles but it seems this is the general game plan when they face an opponent. Unfortunately, sometimes it doesn’t always work. It seems that when Herbert is under pressure, he’s not making the same plays as he did last year. Hence why it’s such a volatile stat compared to making plays from a clean pocket.

a major thing that is missing from last year is having 2 speed burners last year vs having only one this year...... its easy to cover one fast wr, but far more difficult to cover 2 ..... great speed requires more than one guy to cover unless you have the best CB in football........... if defense covers both speed guys, then MW and KA will be single covered...... so will anyone else.....

getting rid of Johnson without replacing his speed was stupid..... especially with the strong armed QB we have......

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

a major thing that is missing from last year is having 2 speed burners last year vs having only one this year...... its easy to cover one fast wr, but far more difficult to cover 2 ..... great speed requires more than one guy to cover unless you have the best CB in football........... if defense covers both speed guys, then MW and KA will be single covered...... so will anyone else.....

getting rid of Johnson without replacing his speed was stupid..... especially with the strong armed QB we have......
        Yep

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Anyone know a kid friendly place in LA my family and I can watch the game, preferably with a beer and a few wings??
          Any buffalo wild wings you can find... Just keep in mind all restaurants within the city limits require proof of vaccination now. If it's outside the city (but still part of the county), you don't have to worry about that for the most part.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

It was a very uneven thats for sure

Need a better effort Sunday Night - whatever it takes -- no excuses. Just win the dang game

Based on news reports from various sources via Twitter:

Joe Haden, TJ Watt Loudermilk and Kevin Dotson are out
            Ben R still in COVID protocols
            Minkah F is tbd with COVID

Chargers have ZERO effing excuses to lose this game
            NONE

Light up that defense. Go deep - take advantage of two of their best defensive players out of the game
            Is this going to be a repeat of 2019 or 2015? Dear God, please no.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

I want a repeat of 2018 !

Comment

• SBbound
                Casual fanatic
                • Feb 2019
                • Merced/San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Any buffalo wild wings you can find... Just keep in mind all restaurants within the city limits require proof of vaccination now. If it's outside the city (but still part of the county), you don't have to worry about that for the most part.
                Buffalo Wild Wings HHLA is our meeting spot for picking up guests for our extra seats before we leave for the game. There's always a lot of Charger fans there. Note: you have to wear a mask when you enter. Once seated it's no longer required.

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  I want a repeat of 2018 !
                  I hated the ending to that movie. I think we can be in the mix a little bit more. Losing the next 2 games is really inexcusable not only because of the opponent but because of how dire the situation is becoming.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I hated the ending to that movie. I think we can be in the mix a little bit more. Losing the next 2 games is really inexcusable not only because of the opponent but because of how dire the situation is becoming.
                    2018 the Chargers won in Pitt on SNF
                    2019 I believe the Chargers lost to Pitt on SNF to Duck Hodges

I am hopeful the Chargers come out faster and better than both of those games

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Big Ben playing tomorrow
                      Actually happy about that - the players should be better focused

I hope Staley and Hill have a bunch of new blitzes and he brings every one
                      Ben isn't moving - he is going to be there - easy to find
                      bring the heat every play

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

After last weekend's cross country trip, I have been paying scant attention this week. I saw a line on the game that had the Steelers +6? Boy.......if I were a betting man...........

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                          Big Ben playing tomorrow
                          Actually happy about that - the players should be better focused

I hope Staley and Hill have a bunch of new blitzes and he brings every one
                          Ben isn't moving - he is going to be there - easy to find
                          bring the heat every play
                          Force Ben to throw it deep. Don’t give him any of the short stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X