Chargers @ Bengals Pregame Discussion (wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

why risk his permanent health for this mess?
    This mess has the Chargers in the thick of it. It’s time to make a run

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      I have a beer bet on this game from the start of the season with a coworker buddy.Man if this team embarrasses me next week like they did against the donkeys im retiring the bolts on my hardhat until TT is fired.Thats right I'll do my part to protest!Enough is enough.
      On the bright side, buy extra really good, beer, will soften the blow :Beer1:

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        Was that Corey Linsley's first penalty flag on the season on that screen? That call was as infuriating as the DPI on Vato and the OPI on Mike Will.
        Hugely consequential penalty. Probably cost us the game TBH. Went from having a very good chance to tie to Herbert throwing a pick on I think the next play.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Matt Feiler is likely to be back against Cincy.
          Feiler/Slater/Lindsey are the reason you can survive with Norton/Schofield on the right side.

Cincy has two good edge rushers: Slater will completely negate one of them;
          and they have two good DTs: Scho will need help against Reader, who will pile drive him into the backfield.

Cincy's interior Oline will be easier than most that the Chargers have faced.
          If the D can get off the field on passing downs, they'll be okay.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
            Last year they got lucky when the Bengals' kicker missed the field goal because he wasn't balanced, or else it would of been a loss. This game could pretty much be the season.
            Yesterday’s game was the season.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Feiler/Slater/Lindsey are the reason you can survive with Norton/Schofield on the right side.

and they have two good DTs: Scho will need help against Reader, who will pile drive him into the backfield.

It always starts with the trenches. If you win those battles, it puts you in position have success. If you can't win those battles, it's difficult to overcome even if you have very good skill position players. Yesterday, with Feiler out, after an already weakened right side of the OL, the Chargers weren't able to win those battles on offense. What I don't understand, is that Denver, with now many starters out on their OL, the Chargers on defense couldn't win the trenches.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

This mess has the Chargers in the thick of it. It’s time to make a run
                Lol tell that to Telesco and his masters.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Yesterday’s game was the season.
                  I want to see the Broncos in the playoffs. With luck, the Chargers will certainly have Feiler back and possibly even RT Bryan Bulaga. Then, cut Tillery's snap count, up the snap count of Graziano, Fehoko, and Merrill.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It always starts with the trenches. If you win those battles, it puts you in position have success. If you can't win those battles, it's difficult to overcome even if you have very good skill position players. Yesterday, with Feiler out, after an already weakened right side of the OL, the Chargers weren't able to win those battles on offense. What I don't understand, is that Denver, with now many starters out on their OL, the Chargers on defense couldn't win the trenches.
                    Their GM> our GM

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

I dont have faith in our defense. There is so much stuff we can look at on D. Poor drafting. Poor development. Injuries etc...Just flat out trashy play etc. Sloppy. No structure. No identity. No rhythm. Penalties seem chronic. Never really seems we can adjust and fix on the fly. Tired of wondering if we are beating ourselves or getting outcoached.

But i will say this and i do it with calm. Im not panicked. Im not throwing in the towel. Im just concerned. Im slightly less energetic about Staley than i was after we hired him. From a defensive standpoint.

I just dont like this defense right now. Dont trust it. I dont like the passion. The execution. The adjustments. I feel like we win games because Herbert has huge games. Carries the team. And while its great the D has won us a couple games with late stops after giving up a lot of points....we are bottom 5 in points allowed. This team lives and dies with Herbert. I expected better on D. Just like i expect a genius guru pastry chef to make me a really tasty dessert....i expect Staley to give me a tasty D despite all the excuses. Take the ingredients you have and give me something really tasty.

I really figured we would be one of those defenses that can overachieve with Staley at the helm. Overachieve with lesser talent even. Definitely not giving up. And i know you have to give a coach time. Im fine with that. I wonder how much Reynaldo is a part of it? I wonder if Joe Barry would have been the better choice. We tried to get him as our LB coach. Packers went with him as DC and hes done well. How much is Staley involved on D during games? Just more questions. Im tired of all the questions. Im tired of trying to diagnose this chronic Chargering illness year in and out.

I just expected a better defense based on the Defensive genius/guru hype regarding Staley. I really love hearing him talk shop. He is obviously a very bright guy. But applying it to players is sort of a challenge it would seem. Talking about the cake and making our mouths water is one thing....giving us a tasty cake? Whole different matter.

Im probably in the fire Telesco camp also. His record in the trenches is just bad. His record in general is just bad. And TTs idea of quality depth and key starting positions is pretty suspect.

I know we need to give coach time. But every year it feels like the same things. Im just down on this team right now. And im struggling to be hopefull for the future because i still feel like there is a sickness throughout this team. And at this point the only real common denominator i can think of is Telesco.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Silly me and I was just worried about stopping Joe Mixon :smoking:

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I want to see the Broncos in the playoffs. With luck, the Chargers will certainly have Feiler back and possibly even RT Bryan Bulaga. Then, cut Tillery's snap count, up the snap count of Graziano, Fehoko, and Merrill.
                          We're 11 games in. We are who we are. And its been very visible many times this season, a team that can't hang with a tougher team.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X