Chargers @ Bengals Pregame Discussion (wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

The Bengals are an improving team.
    But they have had some ups and downs when they don't play well. Losing to Bears, Jets and getting blown out by the Browns. But when they play well they are good enough to beat any team any given Sunday.

Chargers are having some protection issues with the backups. Feiler out last game was very noticeable. But I think Justin showed he can overcome that as I thought he started finding ways to move the ball in spite of the protection break downs. Herbert should be more comfortable with being uncomfortable at Cincinnati after that experience in Denver. He is likely going to be pushed off his spot quite a bit again and will need to buy himself time or 1st downs with his feet more than he would like. Having Kelemete and Norton pass block on any longer developing plays, seem like a disaster waiting to happen. I suppose they could break out the old school style of run, run, run, run, play action to try give Herbert a better chance to get the ball deep. But I don't see them going that direction. They will call their stuff and if they can execute it we'll enough then they can earn the win.

Would be nice if they can get an early holiday gift from Cincinnati going Bungels all day.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      But they have had some ups and downs when they don't play well. Losing to Bears, Jets and getting blown out by the Browns. But when they play well they are good enough to beat any team any given Sunday.

Chargers are having some protection issues with the backups. Feiler out last game was very noticeable. But I think Justin showed he can overcome that as I thought he started finding ways to move the ball in spite of the protection break downs. Herbert should be more comfortable with being uncomfortable at Cincinnati after that experience in Denver. He is likely going to be pushed off his spot quite a bit again and will need to buy himself time or 1st downs with his feet more than he would like. Having Kelemete and Norton pass block on any longer developing plays, seem like a disaster waiting to happen. I suppose they could break out the old school style of run, run, run, run, play action to try give Herbert a better chance to get the ball deep. But I don't see them going that direction. They will call their stuff and if they can execute it we'll enough then they can earn the win.

Would be nice if they can get an early holiday gift from Cincinnati going Bungels all day.
      KInd of glad they brought their A game to the Steelers. Which makes sense. Home game against a rival who has kicked their butt for many years

So maybe the Bungels will show up and have a major let down.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

We could be the Rams.
        --All in.
        --Now Stafford's arm is shot.

We could be the Browns.
        --Just gave a gazillion dollars to OLG/ORG.
        --Conklin's knee is shot.

There's a chance LAC ...
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          We could be the Rams.
          --All in.
          --Now Stafford's arm is shot.

We could be the Browns.
          --Just gave a gazillion dollars to OLG/ORG.
          --Conklin's knee is shot.

There's a chance LAC ...
          I am doing my normal bitchin and moaning after a loss
          but the Chargers are the 7th seed as of today
          There have been times after 11 games the team would be 5-6 trying to figure a path
          this year, the path is pretty clear on what are MUST wins

Win on Sunday - that would be huge.... hope springs

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am doing my normal bitchin and moaning after a loss
            but the Chargers are the 7th seed as of today
            There have been times after 11 games the team would be 5-6 trying to figure a path
            this year, the path is pretty clear on what are MUST wins

Win on Sunday - that would be huge.... hope springs
            I am doing some abnormal bitching Sir.

We have come out flat at home.
            Second half come out flat on the road.

Problem is KC is playing D with energy now.
            And Patty's getting hot.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Tevaughn/Vato now get to dance with Chase, Boyd, Higgins...ugghhh.
              scary game........bengals are a more talented team overall than chargers and deeper......

this game is about which teams show up..... both teams play well one week and play sucky on another week....

both teams are capable of scoring 30-40 plus points.....

both teams defenses are flawed and can give up 30 plus points.....

this game is super important to playoff hopes for both teams....

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Sounds a lot like the Chargers. Honestly, we can win or lose this game and I would not be surprised either way.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I think the NFL has turned into
                  The Hunger Games...

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I think I agree with your assessment on how we win games. I was thinking we were best when we were like vultures happening upon some carnage and then feasting via Herbert when larger prey animals (better defenses) were absent. The problem with vulturing wins is teams adjust and if you can't/don't counter-adjust then you start losing games. I think the offense has just as many problems as the defense...lack of quality running backs, no depth on the o-line, lack of speed - also quickness - from our wide receivers, Herbert not totally comfortable in the short to intermediate passing range, and our receivers dropping balls.

And I do agree Telesco is the issue but it's kind of sad for me at least. Telesco has sort of grown on me as a friendly good dude. I feel we need to replace the guy like yesterday from a future win perspective but it hurts. Anyone else relate to that?
                    The offense hasn't been the same since Oboushi went out. Not having Feiler and Oboushi is not good. The stats prior to Oboushi and After are telling. Plus it seems like maybe we are trying to get Herbert to maneuver around the pocket without breaking out and making off script throws while on the run. I think at this point you just let him do whatever he feels he has to to create time. He was so good on the move last year due to constant pressure. We cant protect him right now so stop chaining him to the pocket. I would just script 20 plays to start a game and bootleg the hell out of him.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet Admin View Post

The offense hasn't been the same since Oboushi went out. Not having Feiler and Oboushi is not good. The stats prior to Oboushi and After are telling. Plus it seems like maybe we are trying to get Herbert to maneuver around the pocket without breaking out and making off script throws while on the run. I think at this point you just let him do whatever he feels he has to to create time. He was so good on the move last year due to constant pressure. We cant protect him right now so stop chaining him to the pocket. I would just script 20 plays to start a game and bootleg the hell out of him.
                      We have nothing to lose at this point. Might as well I guess.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

JH would be the best player in the league in Josh Allens offensive system
                        a great fit imho
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Why is no one putting this mess where it belongs?

Dear Coach Staley,
                          I think it’s really cool you’re an analytics guy and can make that resonate with your coaching staff and players. But dude, you can’t keep watching some of these guys fuck up, and say you didn’t do a good enough job explaining it to them. Some players, their ceiling is their ceiling and no amount of rah-rah analytical spouting off is gonna make them more than they are. Just isn’t.
                          But, this is a wacky season, and we’re still in it. Right now, today, you CAN shoulder this mess and make some super solid coaching decisions to help this team win NOW. Recognize who isn’t consistently doing what you want, and instead of lather/rinse/repeating it in hopes of a different outcome, try someone else. By your own coaching standard, it’s all really just analytics and explaining it, try explaining it to the next man up. You’ve already seen a few of your “backup” DL outperform - let me say that again, OUTPERFORM - your “starters,” so make the obvious coaching decision. And don’t stop with the DL, you have at least one DB who looks like he WANTS TO BE SOMEWHERE ELSE - grant the fucker his wish and next man up, please. Don’t let your coaching standard stand in the way of, well, applying your coaching standard. Because whatever standard you choose to live/coach by, the end result has, just HAS to be WINNING.
                          You have the opportunity to be the coach you want to be, don’t let it slip away, for an insanely stupid reason. Be a HC. It’s your job.

Comment

Working...
                          X