Chiefs @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Jaimes can’t seem to break into the lineup as a guard. Is it really a good idea to have him at LT after having him work so much on the IOL?
    You want to watch Pip get Herbie killed?

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Since the coaching staff seems hell bent on not shuffling players around to disrupt multiple positions when someone is out, it sure seems like it will be Pipkins with everyone else left alone. Biggest game of the year and we could be starting Pipkins and Norton against that Chiefs front 4 - hope Herbert is ready to run!
      Shuffle! Shuffle!!

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

If they are forced to start Pipkins at LT, they better give him a lot of help.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          If they are forced to start Pipkins at LT, they better give him a lot of help.
          Yep. Like I said earlier, just leave McKitty in right next to Pip and be done with it. On some plays, McKitty can give Pip's man a good chip, then peel out into the flats for a quick dump off. If it's a blitz, at least McKitty should be able to pick it up...all this helps protect Herbie's blind side...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Jaimes can’t seem to break into the lineup as a guard. Is it really a good idea to have him at LT after having him work so much on the IOL?
            Exactly.
            Frank Clark/SuperMel/Okafor.
            Matchups do not work.
            Pip has issues with anchor.
            So does Jaimes.
            We'll see how it goes.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Feiler to LT and Jaimes to LG...I do NOT want either Pip or Kelemete in there...
              for the life of me, can't understand the merits of staying pat on the line.... if I'm JH, not in a 100 years do I want to be looking to either side of me and @all times to save my life.

Jaimes is ready....
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

I want to see them get McKitty involved in the pass game a little more. I would like to see what kind of athleticism he has. Maybe this is the game to do so since there is no film on him yet.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I've Googled some articles and one thing I can't find is, for a vaccinated player who needs two negative tests at least 24 hours apart to rejoin the team, whether one of the negative tests can be on game day, or whether it has to be, say, 24 hours before. So does Slater need negative tests on Tuesday and Wednesday, or could they be on Wednesday and Thursday? Unless today's test was a false positive, it really doesn't matter, as I can't imagine a true positive person would test negative the very next day.
                  I don’t know. This was what I could find that was maybe similar. It was on the Rams TE.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

4. Let's not panic, please. Slater still may play, the Chargers can win still beat the Chiefs if he can't play, the team is still in a good position to make the post-season even with a loss to the Chiefs. Enjoy what we are blessed to have and let's avoid a fan meltdown.
                    think we all recall PR's fate with and without a viable LT.... I shudder to ask the same of Herbo.

a viable swing tackle is a heavy consideration for this next offseason.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Exactly.
                      Frank Clark/SuperMel/Okafor.
                      Matchups do not work.
                      Pip has issues with anchor.
                      So does Jaimes.
                      We'll see how it goes.
                      I don’t think we know what issues Jaimes has playing at this level. We know Pip’s. Why not put a pretty good (college) OT out there with McKitty? Let’s find out.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Feiler to LT and Jaimes to LG...I do NOT want either Pip or Kelemete in there...
                        Why move one of our best Olineman, Feiler, further away from Chris Jones?

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

I don’t know. This was what I could find that was maybe similar. It was on the Rams TE.

Thanks! This sounds like they are using so-called rapid tests for the daily tests, but negative rapid tests (which aren't as accurate as PCR tests) have to be confirmed by a negative PCR test perhaps. Anyway, unless there's good news today, I can't see how the timing could work out. This completely sucks.

Comment

Working...
                          X