Chiefs @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

I heard this somewhere before.........

JUST WIN BABY...........

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
      The Chiefs defense is pretty good right now and they have an excellent DC. They tend to feast on teams like the Raiders and give up quite a few yards to many others. Clark and Jones are the big threat, and if we can stymie them a bit, I really like our chances. Like the Chiefs, our defense is also making strides. We will beat them if we can get some heat on Mahomes. Really looking forward to this game. Our seats are in Section 211, row 3, seats 4 & 5. Hope to see some of you there. It's going to be loud and fun.
      Once again, the Chief's D has looked good recently against bad competition (& particularly bad offenses):

1. The Giants @ home
      2. Green Bay w/o Rodgers @ home
      3. Dallas w/o Lamb (concussed 2nd Q), Cooper, Tyrone Smith, Ezekiel Elliot (ankle sprain 1rst Q) @ home
      4. The Raiders (after the Ruggs/Gruden fiasco)
      5. Denver (Bolles, Massie, Risner, Meinerz questionable during week) @ home
      The Raiders (by this point a spiritless, lifeless entity to be flushed down the toilet) @ home

The Chiefs have moved Jones back to tackle and added Melvin Ingram since the week 3 game.
      While Jones has killed the Chargers at DT in the recent past, it has been against Feeney/Lamp/Schofield types.
      Chargers currently are a lot stouter there.
      Last edited by powderblueboy; 12-13-2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

You guys are starting to make me believe we can beat KC. And that win yesterday was MOST satisfying! It was so complete IMO. We played a complete game aside from maybe in the 4th quarter when the game was already over. I'll take that every week of the season! I also love how Justin Jones was jumping around after plays even with his ankle and knee dinged up. That was cool.I like that kind of intensity.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

This game is essentially for the AFC West title.
          Both teams know what it is.
          Cheifs have the experienced team that has been there done that, Chargers must prove they can do it late in the season when it matters.

Pass Protection and Turnovers.
          Which ever team can get it done will win.
          It's said you're only as strong as your weakest link.
          Storm vs Ingram will be the key match up, imo.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

And Michael Davis REALLY showed me something yesterday. I've never seen him so perfectly positioned on WR's. And he was consistently that way except for one play maybe, later on. I'll take that from him, any day. I agree with others here. We are peaking. I'm excited.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
              And Michael Davis REALLY showed me something yesterday. I've never seen him so perfectly positioned on WR's. And he was consistently that way except for one play maybe, later on. I'll take that from him, any day. I agree with others here. We are peaking. I'm excited.
              Davis is the fastest player on the Chargers' roster and has the speed (4.34) to keep up with Tyreek Hill.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                This game is essentially for the AFC West title.
                Both teams know what it is.
                Cheifs have the experienced team that has been there done that, Chargers must prove they can do it late in the season when it matters.

Pass Protection and Turnovers.
                Which ever team can get it done will win.
                It's said you're only as strong as your weakest link.
                Storm vs Ingram will be the key match up, imo.
                This 2-game stretch in 4 days is going to determine the Chargers' season. The victory yesterday was probably the difference between at least getting a wildcard and missing the playoffs. Thursday's game, as you note, will probably determine whether the Chargers win the division or not. If they win, the Chargers will hold the tie-breaker over the Chiefs, with a mini-bye to prepare for the final three games v the Texans, Broncos and Raiders. I like the Chargers' chances to win out if they beat the Chiefs Thurs, and if the Chargers do that, there is nothing the Chiefs can do about it, the Bolts will own the division title. Even if the Chargers don't win Thurs night, I still think they are a near lock to get a wildcard berth. They will still have a mini-bye, followed by a game in Houston, a revenge game at home v. the Broncos, and the season finale against the deflated Raiders in Vegas.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                  Totally agree. I've been so bummed by him for so long, he finally seems to be the CB Staley thought he could eventually be. Very happy Staley stuck with him, I was wrong about that dude.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Davis is the fastest player on the Chargers' roster and has the speed (4.34) to keep up with Tyreek Hill.
                    I wouldn’t put him on Hill one on one. But yeah it’s nice to have a speedy guy at CB.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Totally agree. I've been so bummed by him for so long, he finally seems to be the CB Staley thought he could eventually be. Very happy Staley stuck with him, I was wrong about that dude.
                      David is going to have up and down games especially in a new system. Hopefully he becomes more consistently good. This is what Popper said regarding Davis after the Bengals game:

An improved run defense, creative pressures and a career game from Uchenna Nwosu powered the Chargers' impressive defensive performance.

15. Cornerback Michael Davis struggled against the Bengals. He is not living up to his contract right now. On his interception, he was beaten clean off the line of scrimmage by Ja’Marr Chase. It should have been a touchdown. Davis was lucky Chase dropped it, and even luckier it bounced back to him for the interception. Davis was also beaten down the seam on Burrow’s touchdown to Tee Higgins. According to PFF, Davis gave up five receptions for 66 yards.

16. “We are working with this guy,” Staley said of Davis. “(He) is working hard and he is still at the beginning of this NFL thing. I know you guys may not like me saying that, but that is the truth of him learning how to play NFL corner. There is a huge set of experiences that he is yet to tap into as an NFL corner. I’m talking a real NFL corner.

“He’s working hard at it, he’s competing and I really like the way he has responded. We are going to stay with the guy.”

17. I thought this comment from Staley was interesting. Especially the part of about being a “real NFL corner.” Davis had only played in Gus Bradley’s scheme before this season, and in that system, he played a ton of Cover 3. He was not asked to do nearly as much as he is being asked to do in Staley’s scheme, in terms of the variety of coverages and the amount of press man he is playing. That could explain the learning curve.

Comment

• Old Marine
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2014
                        • Send PM

No way we will beat the Cheifs

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

He did get burned for a TD yesterday too, but that was in context of an otherwise near-perfect day, any other NFL CB would kill to have such a day. And how many of our A-list O players have dropped easy passes/fumbled this season, many of which plays would've been six points and maybe we win? Davis has earned it, damn good and hard player.

Comment

Working...
                          X