Chiefs @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Schwing Tackle.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Horse doesn’t change colors, Pip will get trashed and if not him Norton. Anyone thinking this doesn’t play into Chiefs hands is fooling themselves.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
        I think we will all be pleasantly surprised by Pip
        Not calling a stellar game, but i reckon he holds his own

This is his RT audition for 2022
        Bingo. My sentiment exactly. Pip is getting trashed on this board, but I won't be surprised if he plays much better than expected. Plus, they will have a plan to get him some help.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Bingo. My sentiment exactly. Pip is getting trashed on this board, but I won't be surprised if he plays much better than expected. Plus, they will have a plan to get him some help.
          I hope so. Hard to imagine he could play worse than he has. He has the physical tools so it is tantalizing to think what could happen if he could suddenly get it to click.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

When do we find out if Slater can somehow play?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

How about Max Starks or Willie Smith?
              Starks? :chuckle:
              I havent heard his name for a while. He was drafted the same year as Rivers. Think he is retired.

Clearly we aren't going to sign anyone for 1 game. Pip will have to step up and he shouldn't be on the roster if they feel they need to sign someone else.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Jubei is thinking of the pass that went off Ek's hands in Denver and turned into a pick-six for Surtain. The pick-six in the NE game was a throw to cook, who was not on the same page as Herbert. Cook was looking inside and the pass went to the outside, into the hands of AP. I don't know if Herbert threw to the wrong place or if Cook wasn't where he was supposed to be, but it was a miscommunication.
                ur right...the shit games I get all mixed up.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The pressure is coming. Time to polish the blitz protection and blitz beaters.

In the 2005 AFC Championship Game, OC Ken Whisenhunt and Ben Roethlisberger designed blitz package plays especially to beat Denver's pressure scheme. Result: Jake Plummer's Broncos lost at home.

The best play had a double-move, along with a pump fake and head-bob to freeze the CB. That was in the red-zone and resulted in a TD.

The Steelers Broncos AFC Championship win in 2006 sent Pittsburgh to Super Bowl XL, putting Bill Cowher, Jerome Bettis and Ben Roethlisberger in striking distance of bringing home "One For The Thumb" and a 5th Lombardi Trophy.

#Blitz

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I am the eternal optimist, so solidly in your corner. But given that he has screwed up ST blocking and the minimal role he was given in the Jumbo package more than one occasion, really cannot fault anyone for not being hopeful..

This glass is half empty vs This glass is half full vs Hey! I ordered chocolate milk!

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I think back over this season and I realize our offense was pretty meager in the games we played against the teams that are known to have a real good DC. I think Steve Spagnuolo is another of those very good DC's and I think the only way we'll win this one is if our defense wins it for us.

Edit - if Derwin James and Justin Jones are ready to go, our defense just may be able to do it.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        When do we find out if Slater can somehow play?
                        I think we pretty much know the answer, Rich. Pretty tough to pass two tests and be asymptomatic in the timeframe we are being given. Even if he is feeling fine, he might fail a test.

I understand the NFL amended the forfeit due to covid rules. I think intially it was leverage to force more vaxxing. But now it looks like heavily vaxxed teams like the Browns will have a ridiculous amount of their team out...against the Raiders.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Kevin, of The Office, picks the Chargers to stomp the Chiefs.

Comment

Working...
                          X