Chiefs @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Patriots didn't manhandle the Chargers.
    Chargers had the lead with 10 minutes to go when Rivers (oops Herbert) threw the pic 6.
    that pic6 was on Ek. you can call it uncatchable or whatever but it hit Ek in the body (or arms...cant recall).
    it seems belicheat has Herbert's # like he had Rivers' #. He pretty much owns the bolts.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What would you like Lombo to say publicly instead?
      Next man up mentality. Pipkins is next man up. He’s been working hard on his technique and Thursday he’ll be the starter.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

that pic6 was on Ek. you can call it uncatchable or whatever but it hit Ek in the body (or arms...cant recall).
        it seems belicheat has Herbert's # like he had Rivers' #. He pretty much owns the bolts.
        you’re confused. The pick 6 was a throw to cook

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

you’re confused. The pick 6 was a throw to cook
          Jubei is thinking of the pass that went off Ek's hands in Denver and turned into a pick-six for Surtain. The pick-six in the NE game was a throw to cook, who was not on the same page as Herbert. Cook was looking inside and the pass went to the outside, into the hands of AP. I don't know if Herbert threw to the wrong place or if Cook wasn't where he was supposed to be, but it was a miscommunication.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I dont know names, but the pass rush is the strength of that defense.... by far best part..... they used to dominate Chargers OL and sack the crap out of Rivers and are the reason their defense has been dominating the last several games...... Chiefs offense has struggled this year, and defense started out bad but they have been one of best in NFL the past few weeks..... if you have seen any of the recent chief games, Jones and the rest of their pass rush have been dominating..... the reason chiefs have been winning.....
            as pass rushers:
            Okafor - average,
            Clark - average,
            Ingram - average
            Reed - below average
            Nnadi - below average

Chris Jones had been applying the lions share of pressures, and then they'd send Sorenson through an A gap at key moments.
            Feeney, Schofield, Lamp (or a hobbled Pouncey) was their interior during this timel

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

It was Cook who didn't turn around on that play. He was delayed on getting out into his route because he chipped for Norton.
              Herbert still had a bit more time in the pocket when he threw it.

The Alabama rookie looked terrible in that game. Patriots are greatly handicapped by him in any playoff game this year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Next man up mentality. Pipkins is next man up. He’s been working hard on his technique and Thursday he’ll be the starter.
                I think everyone here is hoping that he is just more comfortable at LT;
                That his miserable preseason against scrubs had to do with his confusion over the new offense,
                the new techniques they have been teaching him,
                his new teammates on the Oline,
                his wife's evolving pregnancy,
                a misaligned astrological moment,
                ......???

No comment on why he couldn't perform on the special teams unit.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What would you like Lombo to say publicly instead?
                  "Get better depth Telesco!"

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I guess short memories are the rule of the day when we're coming off a couple of wins. Go back to the threads after the losses to the Ravens, Broncos, and Patriots and tell me that this is a consensus SB team on the board. Those three teams manhandled us; and the Broncos aren't really that good. Up until two weeks ago, a good number of posters here wanted to fire Lombardi and Telesco on the spot; even Staley's hire was being questioned. Posts after those games were pointing out that we lacked depth on the OL and DL; we needed another RB to go with Ekeler; most were questioning the drafting of Murray; we needed a PK; our Special Teams were a mess. More that one (many more) posted about the "Same old Chargers".

Two wins in a row - one against arguably one of the worst teams in the League this year - doesn't change any of that. I predicted 9/10 wins going in, and I'm still seeing a 9/10-win roster. We're *probably* going 2-2 in our last 4 games, which may be enough to get us into the playoffs. But if we're scheduled against the Ravens, NE, Chiefs, or Titans (one of them is probably a certainty), then I think we're one and done (although I do think we stand a good chance against a Henry-less Titan team).

Let's see what the atmosphere is here after the Chiefs game.
                    There's a LOT of "hoping" in my thinking we can beat the Chiefs Thursday night. I admit it. Hoping for the best that is. And I may as well hope. Right?

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                      If Pipkins was the answer, it was a stupid question.

The problem this creates is that KC will just do what the Ravens did, namely keep 9 players up and blitz like hell, because we're going to be forced to keep an extra player back to intercept whoever on the defense blows right past Pipkins.

That also limits any deep pass attempts, which effectively neuters WR's like Guyton as well as Big Mike -- who typically tees off on the Chiefs. Neither of them are known for their route-running abilities, which is Keenan's specialty. So you're left to compensate with quick slants and screens, and we've already seen how many drops this generates because Herbert is forced to shoot the ball out like a cannon at Mach 4 while dodging the blitz.

In short, I'd rather call Leander "Turnstile" Jordan out of retirement than start Pipkins.
                      How about Max Starks or Willie Smith?

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Woke up convinced we will find be a way.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

I think we will all be pleasantly surprised by Pip
                          Not calling a stellar game, but i reckon he holds his own

This is his RT audition for 2022

Comment

Working...
                          X