Chiefs @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The Chiefs have won six in a row after getting drilled by Tennessee: five of the six have been at home.
    Its not like they are beating good teams...but they are winning.

1. Giants
    2. Green Bay (without Rodgers)
    2. Dallas (sandwiched between home losses to Denver & Las Vegas)
    3. Denver
    4. Raiders (twice)

I was about to say, Herbo is the best QB they will have faced during their lucky win streak.
    We're in their heads, mahomes is going to do something stupid like he did today when he threw for a bomb while up 32 points instead of running for the first down
    had Hill dingged on that one.

Our 2nd year QB is not only already at or better than Mahomes, but he's already smarter and more mature

sure we can lose, but I'm predicting a convincing win.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I was about to say, Herbo is the best QB they will have faced during their lucky win streak.
      We're in their heads, mahomes is going to do something stupid like he did today when he threw for a bomb while up 32 points instead of running for the first down

Our 2nd year QB is not only already at or better than Mahomes, but he's already smarter and more mature

Is the hill injury serious enough to keep him out Thursday? Lol

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

It’ll be a close tight game like it usually has been the last few years.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Herbert has performed really well in prime time games - lets hope he continues to shine on Thursday.

The Chief’s pass rush scares me a lot, especially going against the right side of our line.

Let’s see how this plays out.
          Good point. The team seems to like the spotlight.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

I think the O is up to it. The right side of the OL has been playing a lot better and has not given up anywhere near the pressures the last few games.

The problem will probably be the D. If they show up and play smart football, don't blow assignments, and can pressure Mahommes, we will probably win. If we let their running game plays keep-away from our offense, Mahommes will get to pick his shots and they will keep Herbert off the field.

If the rest of the season is anything to go on, we probably don't need to win out, but it would certainly help. Only 3 teams have been eliminated from the AFC so far, and the rest of the conference is all 6-7 or better, so it is anyone guess who will do what. The endless permutations and combinations.

If we lose vs KC, they have a 2 game lead, and tiebreakers. So, if we lose, we can pretty much kiss winning the division goodbye, but you have to figure that going 3-1 would be a necessity to get a wild card.

If we win vs KC, then we still need to make sure we win out or KC will probably be able to catch us and win the division based on a better record overall. We still have somewhat of a better chance, based on the head to heads of the other leaders right now, but with so many other teams being so close, you have to wonder if the teams who are poised to be the playoff teams with 4 weeks to go is who they will end up to be.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I believe that. We are improved.
              i believe that too.

If both teams play well, this will be a hell of a good tough battle......likely a shootout......

If we win, then every game after that becomes a must win.... to win division.....

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

If we lose vs KC, they have a 2 game lead, and tiebreakers. So, if we lose, we can pretty much kiss winning the division goodbye, but you have to figure that going 3-1 would be a necessity to get a wild card.
                I think 2-2 gets us into the playoffs at 10-7. We have tiebreakers over Cincy and Cleveland.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

The Chiefs defense is pretty good right now and they have an excellent DC. They tend to feast on teams like the Raiders and give up quite a few yards to many others. Clark and Jones are the big threat, and if we can stymie them a bit, I really like our chances. Like the Chiefs, our defense is also making strides. We will beat them if we can get some heat on Mahomes. Really looking forward to this game. Our seats are in Section 211, row 3, seats 4 & 5. Hope to see some of you there. It's going to be loud and fun.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                    The Chiefs defense is pretty good right now and they have an excellent DC. They tend to feast on teams like the Raiders and give up quite a few yards to many others. Clark and Jones are the big threat, and if we can stymie them a bit, I really like our chances. Like the Chiefs, our defense is also making strides. We will beat them if we can get some heat on Mahomes. Really looking forward to this game. Our seats are in Section 211, row 3, seats 4 & 5. Hope to see some of you there. It's going to be loud and fun.
                    Signing Linsley and drafting Staley were the best moves to counter Jones and Clark. I think our offense can score on them. Last time we got a bunch of TO’s to kill drives. I doubt we’ll be so fortunate so the D is going to have to be able to get off the field. Keenan got some rest as did Asante and Derwin. We need everybody Thursday night.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Slater is going to ragdoll Supa Mel.... Welcome back and prepare to be shut down. :lmao::lmao:

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

The last time we won a home game against KC, Chase Daniel started at QB for the Chiefs. Who is now the backup to Herbert. That was ages ago.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

This will be a fun game to watch. Staley showed the NFL the formula to stopping Mahomes. How will Reid react? Chiefs special teams is superior to the Chargers, how much of a factor will that be? Does Samuel play and how rusty is he if he does? Can Ekeler go and be effective (ankles are often worse the next day) and the CHargers have no back up to him that can do anything. Is the Chiefs defense for real? Chris Jones on the inside = all pro. On the edge = below average. Which team has a let down after strong wins yesterday?

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X