• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
    A lot of people here wanted Brian Daboll. I didn't see what the special deal with him was.
    I wanted Daboll! He was my #1 choice followed by Saleh, and then Staley. I was very intrigued by Staley and thought he would make this defense better. Never imagined that he was so forward thinking and so ballsy. I hope we can continue building on his vision including a full on sports science department and an analytics department also.

Comment

• Nunc Coepi
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2020
      • Send PM

Anthony Lynn should have remained as coach indefinitely. He's a leader of men.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

I’m very grateful they chose Staley. And just like my Herbie pick in the ‘20 draft, I similarly never wanted Urban. I had a strong hunch he’d (1) never transition to the pro game, I thought of Nick Saban light) and (2) thought he’d be a worse primadonna than Saban was in his 1,5 seasons.

So i correct myself, I’ve made two good calls in the last 10 yrs. Things are looking up for me! If only I knew the difference between a 3-technique lineman and a 2-high (er, is it 2-deep?) shell
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Interesting to revisit the results of a poll on who should be our next HC. Staley wasn't even on the radar (or the poll). McDaniels was the overwhelming winner:

poll 1.JPG

poll 2.JPG

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...ext-head-coach

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I moved the off topic discussion to the correct one... the Game Day discussion.

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

My prerequisite was anyone not named Anthony Lynn, but I think I was leaning towards Saleh. I don't know that he would have been a bad pick, hindsight being 20/20. But Staley has exceeded my expectations so far.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                My prerequisite was anyone not named Anthony Lynn, but I think I was leaning towards Saleh. I don't know that he would have been a bad pick, hindsight being 20/20. But Staley has exceeded my expectations so far.
                This was me as well.

Comment

• eaterfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

My top 3 were:

1 - Staley and Daboll
                  3 - Arthur Smith
                  4 - Joe Brady
                  5 - Bienemy

Urban Meyer was dead last on my list and McDaniels was pretty far down. No one actually had Garrett on their list, but he was also on the bottom level.

I think we got the right guy but I still think Daboll and Smith will be good hires and would have done well here.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I completely forgot about Saleh. Maybe because it seemed like the Jets scooped him up so fast. Hard to tell if he is a good HC or not. That is just such and awful team. He did eak out a few wins so far, though.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      I completely forgot about Saleh. Maybe because it seemed like the Jets scooped him up so fast. Hard to tell if he is a good HC or not. That is just such and awful team. He did eak out a few wins so far, though.

TG
                      I think Saleh's going to turn things around for the Jets. As for McDaniels, can't stand the smarmy guy, keep him in New England where he belongs.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Nunc Coepi View Post
                        Anthony Lynn should have remained as coach indefinitely. He's a leader of men.
                        I wonder what our record would be if Lynn was our coach this year...

You can never tell how a long term college coach like Meyer or Saban will work out and if they can adjust to the vastly different world of professional sports. Having said that, I find it mind boggling how badly Meyer is doing. It's like he literally is trying to screw everything up.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I wonder what our record would be if Lynn was our coach this year...

You can never tell how a long term college coach like Meyer or Saban will work out and if they can adjust to the vastly different world of professional sports. Having said that, I find it mind boggling how badly Meyer is doing. It's like he literally is trying to screw everything up.
                          It's really funny how I thought before this season that he was sophisticated poised to handle most adversities. Today he is acting like a spoiled child who is not working towards building a better franchise. Everyone and their mother new they probably needed another high draft before things are gonna turn around for them. Just voice that Urban vs. creating all these crappy environments. "Lapdances for All!"

:couch:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X