• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
    He chose not to get vaxxed and is unavailable for 2 games. It hurt today in part. That is kind of a character issue concern to review at year end.
    Rightly or wrongly, a lot of athletes are concerned as to what the vaccine might do to their heart. I wouldn't frame it as a character issue.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

He chose not to get vaxxed and is unavailable for 2 games. It hurt today in part. That is kind of a character issue concern to review at year end.
      No its not.Character issue cuz he dont want the jab?Lame.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Agree, that isn't a character concern, let's call it an availability concern. Bosa wasn't there to help his teammates out and we lost, that is still a big concern. Hopefully this type of issue will be used in evaluating our personnel going forward, a player isn't helping if he's not playing. Not rocket science.
        They have the right to choose their own medical decisions concerning Their body.Soundin like a buncha Urban Meyers lol.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Rightly or wrongly, a lot of athletes are concerned as to what the vaccine might do to their heart. I wouldn't frame it as a character issue.
          Exactly

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Yup. It sucks that he missed time but there is a vast difference between being concerned about your body vs being out partying at a club and getting into trouble in the early morning. Both would lead to missing games but both are not character issues.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I had not heard that. I've never read that it will harm the heart?
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Just a reminder, we as a member body have agreed not to go into what may be considered politics with COVID. It's kind of a wet blanket, but calling out others, including the players, for making decisions about the vaccine on what they believe or think they know will just make this place miserable. I do have to delete posts that may go over the line, without warning, so if you do have a question about why a post of yours 'disappeared', pm me or Fleet.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Just a reminder, we as a member body have agreed not to go into what may be considered politics with COVID. It's kind of a wet blanket, but calling out others, including the players, for making decisions about the vaccine on what they believe or think they know will just make this place miserable. I do have to delete posts that may go over the line, without warning, so if you do have a question about why a post of yours 'disappeared', pm me or Fleet.
                  Sorry, I was out of line. No more comments from me relating to this issue. Should know by now to wait at least a day before posting after a loss! These guys are all pros and I have nothing but respect for them. Stay healthy, no matter the path.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Ontario , Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

They have the right to choose their own medical decisions concerning Their body.Soundin like a buncha Urban Meyers lol.
                    The risk is 1 in 50,000 for the Pfizer for heart issues. The majority of athletes did not see this as a risk. Personally I would be more worried about the health risks of getting covid than effects from the vaccine. Death rate is > 100x higher.

I agree they should be concerned about their bodies but you can do the math.
                    Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 12-27-2021, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I had not heard that. I've never read that it will harm the heart?
                      Myocarditis-inflammation of the heart muscle and pericarditis-inflammation of the lining outside of the heart caused by the immune system being triggered by the jab.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

The risk is 1 in 50,000 for the Pfizer for heart issues. The majority of athletes did not see this as a risk. Personally I would be more worried about the health risks of getting covid than effects from the vaccine. Death rate is > 100x higher.

I agree they should be concerned about their bodies but you can do the math.
                        Thats IF you trust the "official" numbers folks.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Myocarditis-inflammation of the heart muscle and pericarditis-inflammation of the lining outside of the heart caused by the immune system being triggered by the jab.
                          Has anybody had this or is it a possible side effect they have to list?

Comment

Working...
                          X