• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
    DAAAAAAAMN THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME!

You're welcome
    That's Corey Feldman.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Your are more concerned about match up problems with a guy who has 2 catches on the season for 16 yards, as opposed to someone with 1000+yards.
      Are you serious?

How much time do you think the Chargers spent this week hatching schemes to try to take T-billy out of the game?:goofylol:
      I am not talking about time spent by the defense planning for a particular opponent. Obviously, Renfrow warrants more attention because he is their leading WR.

By contrast, what I saying is that I think our defensive options for Renfrow are good options. I think Samuel and Harris can defend him such that Renfrow does not have a huge game. I have a reasonable comfort level with that.

The concern about the Jackson, Johnson, Jones troika is that Samuel may not match up well against any of the three. Samuel is slower than Jackson and Johnson and is smaller than Jones, who is just as fast as Samuel. The other concern is that Campbell and Davis may do well against Jones and have the speed to run deep with Jackson and Johnson, but I think Jackson and Johnson may have a quickness advantage that may allow them to get short receptions at first and then try to set up a double move later for a big play.

Now maybe Johnson is not as entrenched in the playbook and/or Jackson has lost a step and/or Jones is not physical enough to assert his size advantage over Samuel, but at least on paper those advantages actually look more substantial and potentially threatening than any advantage Renfrow may have.

Again, this is not about Johnson being anywhere near as good as Renfrow or anything like that, but rather about the potential impact of multiple fast/quick players playing against us at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The hilarious bit about all this is that Palmer had got separation deep on that play, something he's not supposedly capable of doing.
        Separation is not good when the WR runs away from where the ball is.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

The Cowboys just dunked another 50 point score. Two weeks in a row. Dig that. When did the Chargers ever rack it up like thst? Never.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Who calls the better game? Don’t wanna see the Raiders calling a batter one

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Chargers, find an identity under HC Staley. Enough to make us happy for the time being. X’s and O’s to perfection. Defense and Offense, Special teams.

Don’t wanna see no blocked punts.. ok? Special teams must not fall asleep ! Everyone at their resdy.

You hear me Special Teams? I want a every punt to go as expected. Not a given. Don’t wanna hear “it’s blocked.”
              Last edited by Caslon; 01-09-2022, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                The Cowboys just dunked another 50 point score. Two weeks in a row. Dig that. When did the Chargers ever rack it up like thst? Never.
                They lost to Az last week. It was two weeks ago against WFT.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I am not talking about time spent by the defense planning for a particular opponent. Obviously, Renfrow warrants more attention because he is their leading WR.

By contrast, what I saying is that I think our defensive options for Renfrow are good options. I think Samuel and Harris can defend him such that Renfrow does not have a huge game. I have a reasonable comfort level with that.

The concern about the Jackson, Johnson, Jones troika is that Samuel may not match up well against any of the three. Samuel is slower than Jackson and Johnson and is smaller than Jones, who is just as fast as Samuel. The other concern is that Campbell and Davis may do well against Jones and have the speed to run deep with Jackson and Johnson, but I think Jackson and Johnson may have a quickness advantage that may allow them to get short receptions at first and then try to set up a double move later for a big play.

Now maybe Johnson is not as entrenched in the playbook and/or Jackson has lost a step and/or Jones is not physical enough to assert his size advantage over Samuel, but at least on paper those advantages actually look more substantial and potentially threatening than any advantage Renfrow may have.

Again, this is not about Johnson being anywhere near as good as Renfrow or anything like that, but rather about the potential impact of multiple fast/quick players playing against us at the same time.
                  So given 'our defensive options', T-billy might have a big game. What might that be: 2 catches for 15 yards?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Raiders no doubt looking forward to a return trip to Arrowhead as motivation in this game.:rimshot:

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

An important thing about TBilly to remember: he'd been on the practice squad. If we really wanted him back, we could have just signed him. So I don't think they regret the decision.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Take them to 3 AFCC games and 1 SB in his first 4 years? I hope not.
                        Hoping Harbaugh flames out BEFORE most of that...he wore out his welcome with the Niners towards the end...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

If the Faiders even use T-Billy, I'm thinking it's ONE deep shot...so we better have an answer for it...more concerned about Renfrow, though...

Comment

Working...
                          X