• Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    Harbaugh coming to Las Vegas rumors flying thick in Raider Nation

Pro Football Network
    @PFN365
    Sources tell PFN Insider
    @TonyPauline
    that Jim Harbaugh to the #Raiders is more than just some wild rumor. In fact, he's told that the Raiders are Harbaugh’s choice of franchises and a few believe it could happen next week. Details: http://bit.ly/3zBxefH
    Wow, now wouldn't that be interesting...maybe Harbaugh does the same thing for the Raiders as the flame-out job he did for the Niners...

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow, now wouldn't that be interesting...maybe Harbaugh does the same thing for the Raiders as the flame-out job he did for the Niners...
      If they hire Harbaugh, we need to be ready on defense for more of a ground and pound approach from the Raiders.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I laughed at that pic of him his first 49’s training camp. The center is in his kneeled squat position and it shows Harbaugh lying flat on the ground looking up at the center’s crotch. Damn Jim! Such attention to detail!!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

It is water under the bridge, but other posters seem to want to keep scooping that water out for their own use.

Hopefully, Johnson does not play as I think two speedy deep threats on the field at once (assuming Jackson can still run) is good for them. In those situations, I might prefer Campbell to Harris on the field with Davis and Samuel.
          Fuck Tbilly. Let him take all the snaps, Carr will never find him because nobody ever know where he’ll even be on the field. If he could run a fucking professional route, he wouldn’t be on his 3rd team of the year and 7th since 2019. The best WR in football isn’t cut by 6 fucking teams and left unclaimed by 31 for months the last time. Sick of the Tbilly shit, its stupid and absurd.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Take them to 3 AFCC games and 1 SB in his first 4 years? I hope not.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

To be honest, that was more of a San Diego Chargers history hate thing with the Raiders. Long time fans don’t forget tho. It’s mellowed out some. Both teams in new cities, new stadiums, new fans. There’s less of a grudge factor now…but some don’t forget that easily.
              probably true.... but all of us old time fans, hate raiders like a colonoscopy!.... =)

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Fuck Tbilly. Let him take all the snaps, Carr will never find him because nobody ever know where he’ll even be on the field. If he could run a fucking professional route, he wouldn’t be on his 3rd team of the year and 7th since 2019. The best WR in football isn’t cut by 6 fucking teams and left unclaimed by 31 for months the last time. Sick of the Tbilly shit, its stupid and absurd.
                The dude is a deep threat if he plays and our defense should consider him that way. If they throw a bunch of speedy WRs at us, it can cause problems so that possibility should not be taken too lightly by our defense.

I think Renfrow is a much more accomplished WR than Johnson, but I would actually be much more concerned about matchup issues with Jackson, Johnson and Jones on the field than I would be with Renfrow, Jackson and Jones on the field.

Also, literally nobody has claimed that Johnson is the best WR in the NFL.

And yes, it was a mistake for us to cut him, which has absolutely nothing to do with him getting cut by anyone else and never did.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I have already been proven right about everything I have said about Johnson six ways to Sunday.

For those missing the point, it remains irrelevant what Johnson does or does not do for another team. That never mattered as far as the issue that I raised is concerned.

What always mattered was that Johnson was a proven success in the deep passing game with Herbert. Going away from our deep passing game was always a mistake by Lombardi, who has a clear bias against the deep passing game, which is as plain as day when you see how he calls the NO system versus how Payton calls it. Lombardi proved it in DET with Stafford and proved it here for over half of a season with Herbert.

I predicted defenses would squat on us absent a regular deep passing attack and they did. Even before the season began, I discussed how the threat of a deep passing game would open things up for us underneath and its absence would tend to have the opposite effect. And I was right.

Before the season, I emphasized Herbert's deep passing prowess (you know, the best deep passer in the NFL) as something that we should take advantage of regularly.

Finally, we had two designed deep passes thrown to Guyton which resulted in two TDs--absolute perfection when doing what I was begging us to do all along. It is hard to imagine how I could have been more right about the need to use Guyton on deep passes.

And had we kept Johnson, the deep passing game would have been even more potent, as it was last year, if Lombardi would have tried to use the deep passing game.

And you know what really would have helped us against HOU when both Guyton and Williams were out? You got it--an actual deep passing threat at WR (like Johnson) instead of running deep routes with the likes of Moore and Palmer (the anti-Guyton--two deep passes, two INTs).
                  The amount of nonsense coming from you is hilarious. But what takes the cake is your post at the end blaming Palmer again for the interception in the Texans game. Everyone knew it was Herbert’s fault for that interception including Herbert and Staley. Thank you for once again proving that you know absolutely know nothing about football or the Chargers.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

agree.... I liked TBilly because he provided a second speed merchant WR to compliment KA and MW..... speed kills and speed can draw sometimes multiple defenders away from your primary targets......
                    I get that he did stupid things that are unacceptable in a good team environment (bellycheat cuts guys instantly that do stupid things like that) .....I was just surprised that we released him without replacing his speed.....Hill was slow and not explosive......... I do think some of the guys who played against Texans have some potential......would like to see the best/fastest of them added to playoff roster..... to help spread defenses out more......

I've thought about cutting cook, but he is athletic and makes clutch plays but also drops easy passes..... which is why many teams have cut him.....

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy

The Raiders have been in need of a deep threat ever since Ruggs left and DeShaun Jackson proved to be over the hill.

If T-billy is kept on their bench, what more can you say?
                      Jackson cannot be ignored..... if you play sloppy coverage he can still run past you..... so can their other 3 main WR's.... all have speed..... a raider trait. of old raider teams...... and carr does throw a nice deep rainbow kind of pass......

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

one hour six minutes.......till gamely

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Until game time…four paragraph assessments ?:troll:lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X