• Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

I thought the game was very well officiated. (not once did I say "that's a terrible call", and I do that both ways)

Agree the Ingram hit COULD have been called, but as someone said, it wasn't Manning or Brady, so it wasn't.
    (and you're smoking something if you think it wouldn't have been called on them.)

Good Thread Buck! (we do criticize the refs alot in here, so I thinks it's great to have a thread recognizing good officiating)
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

My impression on all of the above ref topics.

Gordon was down, his forearm was flat on the turf. Does not matter because the play was blown dead so it was not reviewable anyway.

Abdullah fumble was a fumble and it was recovered by Abdullah. His momentum being tackled took him right down on top of it. It is pretty clear in one of the replays that he is on top of the ball.

I think we were fortunate on the Ingram pressure as we have all seen that called with much less contact. Also, as Asela says above that play was the turning point of the game and if that was called the game could very well have been lost.

The only call I saw them miss was Weddle getting held on one of the long returns. It was pretty obvious as it took place right by the ball carrier as he was going down but it was not called; however, that kind of thing happens all the time and in no way excuses how bad our return/coverage teams were yesterday.
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

In the second half there was a late hit, piling on, on 1 of our guys. Can't remember who. It was as marginal as the hit on Stafford.
        Last edited by MakoShark; 09-14-2015, 09:13 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I actually like when the refs let the teams play rather than calling lots of ticky tack fouls. Let's be real, they could call a penalty on every single play in the game if they really wanted.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I agree, Rich. And I think this crew was pretty good. I saw a lot of holding by the Chargers OL, sometimes around the neck! I think the calls on Abdullah, Gordon and Weddle were all correct.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              Based on how the refs have called it in the past I agree that they normally would've called it. But in the big scheme he barely touched the helmet. Maybe the refs wanted to just let them play. Now that I think about it, just based on watching Red Zone and the Chargers game yesterday, I don't recall a whole lot of penalties being called, maybe The League is having the refs hold back? I dunno, it will be interesting to keep track I guess.
              I can't remember which game it was now but I do recall seeing a play on Red Zone yesterday where the refs called a very ticky-tack tap on the QB helmet so it's still happening.

Comment

Working...
              X