• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Gordon needs to figure out how to get his vision back. Id suggest putting Rivers under Center and getting him a FB. Rivers did that with LT so there's no reason why he has to be in a shotgun. I used to love watching that fake hand-off to Lo Neal and pitch out to LT around the edge.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

/\ this!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Gordon needs to figure out how to get his vision back. Id suggest putting Rivers under Center and getting him a FB. Rivers did that with LT so there's no reason why he has to be in a shotgun. I used to love watching that fake hand-off to Lo Neal and pitch out to LT around the edge.
        Of all the RB's that were discussed on this board prior to the Draft, (the guys we suggested TT should grab with a 3rd thru 5th pick) we seem to have played against most of them:Abdullah with the Lions, Campbell with the Browns, Langford with the Bears( my favourite), Yeldon with Jacksonville, Ajayi with the Dolphins. I have no idea what their numbers look like at this point in their rookie year but I can say from watching the actual games that ALL of these guys appear to have better vision and feel for how to run the football.

Many people questioned Gordon's ability, saying it was the Wisconsin system. I know our line has been terrible but this kid just isn't very good right now. Whether it's the line, the offense we run, or whatever but yes, sadly, to this point, this pick was a BUST!

Now if TT uses 2 of his top 4 picks to bring in some top OL( please draft a Center!), has Rivers move back under C, and employs a Full Back, maybe Melvin can be productive. But the spot he was chosen by us, and what it cost us, was horrible. Any of the above mentioned backs would have been better choices in later rounds.

NEVER draft an RB in Round 1!

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          Of all the RB's that were discussed on this board prior to the Draft, (the guys we suggested TT should grab with a 3rd thru 5th pick) we seem to have played against most of them:Abdullah with the Lions, Campbell with the Browns, Langford with the Bears( my favourite), Yeldon with Jacksonville, Ajayi with the Dolphins. I have no idea what their numbers look like at this point in their rookie year but I can say from watching the actual games that ALL of these guys appear to have better vision and feel for how to run the football.

Many people questioned Gordon's ability, saying it was the Wisconsin system. I know our line has been terrible but this kid just isn't very good right now. Whether it's the line, the offense we run, or whatever but yes, sadly, to this point, this pick was a BUST!

Now if TT uses 2 of his top 4 picks to bring in some top OL( please draft a Center!), has Rivers move back under C, and employs a Full Back, maybe Melvin can be productive. But the spot he was chosen by us, and what it cost us, was horrible. Any of the above mentioned backs would have been better choices in later rounds.

You can do it if your roster is loaded and that's what you need to get a trophy. By the time the Chargers get a good o-line he will be on his second contract.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Think my prediction of zero 100 yard rushing games and zero TDs his rookie year will come true.

Go Chargers.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              Think my prediction of zero 100 yard rushing games and zero TDs his rookie year will come true.

Go Chargers.
              Think? You nailed it!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I agree,

Signed LaDainian Tomlinson & Adrian Peterson

PS...only a fool would call a rookie a bust before his second season. Le'Veon Bell averaged 3.5 YPC his rookie season. Walter Payton also 3.5. LT, 3.6. All bad OLs.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-21-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  I agree,

PS...only a fool would call a rookie a bust before his second season. Le'Veon Bell averaged 3.5 YPC his rookie season. Walter Payton also 3.5. LT, 3.6. All bad OLs.

To this point he's a bust.
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I agree,

But you can say that given the status of this roster it was a stupid pick even if we didn't trade up for him,

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I agree,

Signed LaDainian Tomlinson & Adrian Peterson.
                      Signed Super Bowl winners
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

I agree,

Maybe I should have clarified by saying the " pick" was a bust. Trading 3 picks to take an RB? Talk about a fool!
                        Only 1 other team in the past 3 years has taken a RB in Round 1( Rams with Gurley). Since your boy Peterson was drafted in 2007 only 7 other RB's have been drafted in the top half of Round 1: Marshawn Lynch and Jonathan Stewart( 2007) then Darren McFadden, Knowshon Moreno, Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller, and Ryan Mathews. Outside of Lynch and maybe Stewart, as first round picks, they were all busts.
                        So, in the previous 8 years, no backs taken in the top half of round 1( and really only 1 in the first round at all-Doug Martin in Tampa) have made an impact.
                        And if you're in any way comparing Gordon to LT or Peterson, I'm hoping you know something that nobody else does. Hell, I'd like to see the kid be successful but in our system with our players, very doubtful, hence the bust tag.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Never trade 3 picks to grab a player your coach has no intention of featuring.

This move was reminiscent of when AJ Smith would go after fullbacks Norv would use only to dust the bench with their asses.

Comment

Working...
                          X