Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    For all of the well deserved scrutiny that the oline is generating, we have one sack in three games by the defense, last in the NFL. We won't go very far unless that is fixed as well.
    We don't a defensive line or any pass rushers. Yet, somehow, the defense has played decently in 2 out of 3 games and managed to keep us in the majority of games a year ago. The same can't be said for the offense, which actually has some good players.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I do not see anyone but Luigit getting double teamed on the inside. Meaning 4 are blocking 3 or 4 rushers we need a player who demands the double team in the middle so our outside rushers have one on one with a Tackle or TE.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        I do not see anyone but Luigit getting double teamed on the inside. Meaning 4 are blocking 3 or 4 rushers we need a player who demands the double team in the middle so our outside rushers have one on one with a Tackle or TE.
        Or we need better outside rushers. Like Steve says, we need two of them. Ingram is aight (and not living up to the hype I gave him.) The others are scrubs. Like I've said, Telesco sucks.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

If Telescope sucks then the season is over, yet you started a thread to the contrary...
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

If Telescope sucks then the season is over, yet you started a thread to the contrary...
            We still have Rivers. We have a chance.

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

I see three key areas for major improvement, interior oline play in pass and run blocking. Hell its so bad I'm willing to see how Troutman plays at LG with Fluker at RG and Franklin at RT... File that under, you know it's bad when.

The dline especially the middle three Reyes Lisamor and Luigit. If they are playing the scheem it pretty much sucks if not, they suck. The more they suck the harder it is for our LBrs to get pressure and stop the run. The only one running clean in our backfield are opposing RBs.

Third without super blocking this scheme on offence has been figured out. It may play to Rivers and Woodheads strengths but it going to hurt Gordon's development.
              I'm actually surprised at the Oline struggles. I honestly thought it would be much improved over last year. The Dline just got wore down in this game. I thought Reyes had a pretty good game, but after a couple of dumb penalty's gave them free 1st downs and an offense that kept going 3 and out they just wore down.
              sigpic

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

What happened to the Ingram we saw in pre-season blowing past tackles?

Was that against 2nd and 3rd stringers or something?

Emmanuel has disappeared since the Lions game as well.

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Lions don't max protect. The Vikings and Bengals do.

Charger defense built to stop the Broncos, not the Bengals.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    I'm actually surprised at the Oline struggles.
                    The didn't look great in the preseason, but it definitely looked like that something was there that would get better as the season progressed. Injuries have killed that hope at least a month.
                    Prediction:
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                      Lions don't max protect. The Vikings and Bengals do.

Charger defense built to stop the Broncos, not the Bengals.
                      Broncos defense is built to obliterate the Chargers offense...

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Which is why it's a good thing to have a diverse offense....
                        Prediction:

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

WEEK 4. vs Cleveland.

The Browns were the poster child for self inflicted wounds this week. We should be concerned that the Chargers could barely take advantage of it, even as banged up as we are.

TOP: 34:19 to 25:41 in favor of Cleveland. Our inability to run the ball is killing us here and it won't change until we some resemblance a run game. Blame coaching, injuries or players doesn't matter. Even with Cleveland giving us 5 free 1st downs from penalty's we couldn't control the clock.

Turnover Diff: +1. Finally! Our 1st turnover free game and we came out ahead in the differential. We were not able to take advantage of turnover, which was disappointing.

Penalty's: 6 for 31 yards to us and 12 for 91 yards for them. We gave them 2 free 1st downs and they gave us 5! If not for these gifts I don't think we win. We had trouble moving the chains and as the injury's piled up it got worse.

3rd down efficiency: 3 of 11. This is awful and exactly why I don't think we win if not for the Browns repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot.

The Browns won this game on paper, IMO. We were lucky in more than 1 way. The "It" factor was Rivers. He protected the ball and did the kind of thing we are used to seeing him do. He stood in collapsing pockets and delivered some really nice throws. Took some hits in the process, but he's not afraid to do that. There were several times I noted that Manning would've folded under that pressure and never allow himself to take those hits.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X