Tom Telesco Discussion - Retained for 2023 Season.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
    I'm totally serious here... In my own little perfect world...

Fire Staley, promote Moore.
    Fire TT, hire TOM BRADY to be GM.

I assume Brady would bring the same level of work ethic and accountability into a GM position that he did on the field... If John Lynch can do it, so can Brady.
    Brady might make a very good GM...now with Rodgers's injury, some are wanting to coax Brady out of retirement to go to the Jets:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Brady might make a very good GM...now with Rodgers's injury, some are wanting to coax Brady out of retirement to go to the Jets:

https://nypost.com/2023/09/12/mike-t...all-tom-brady/

I want a p[erson from an organization that had an identity for how to be a GM to par with a veteran HC that has a clue what they want. Cannot have a newby GM again....

Telesco never created an identity for the defense and the OLine. It was like every year was -- lets just throw some shit against the wall and hope it sticks. Derek Cox, Franklin and JC Jackson were some of his biggest signings and two really didn't work and the third is tbd. Why is that? Bad scouting. Bad coaching

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I want a p[erson from an organization that had an identity for how to be a GM to par with a veteran HC that has a clue what they want. Cannot have a newby GM again....

Telesco never created an identity for the defense and the OLine. It was like every year was -- lets just throw some shit against the wall and hope it sticks. Derek Cox, Franklin and JC Jackson were some of his biggest signings and two really didn't work and the third is tbd. Why is that? Bad scouting. Bad coaching
        Yep...and that's why my first choice for a GM is an asst. GM on a proven winner with multiple recent playoff appearances, AND a record of stellar scouting...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Yep...and that's why my first choice for a GM is an asst. GM on a proven winner with multiple recent playoff appearances, AND a record of stellar scouting...
          My first choice is the guy from the Ravens, last name starts with an H. And that is because the Ravens have an identity. They have players on defense that seem to just be the "same player" but a new name. Oline - always a strong Oline as well. And you can tell, formerly Newsome and now DeCosta are on the same page as Harbaugh.

Also - a coach that sees the talent and fits a scheme and not trying to fit a scheme to the talent.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

You're right. I'm only venting.

But it looks like amateur hour watching them pursue social media clout when they can't even get basic hires right.
            Your line about the anime is spot on

I just see John Boy sitting around getting all happy over that anime - like its the coolest thing ever. All the while Big Andy is flashing Super Bowl rings and showing off the division champion hats around the office

"But hey, we mocked Mina Kimes and the Raiders and Garropalo"

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
              How does this guy still have a job? 10 years, going on 11
              two wild card victories
              three playoff games in total
              under .500
              eleven years and in all likelihood, zero division titles

and if this season progresses as it does - his moves this past spring will waste another 2 years of Herberts career since hte team will have to be blown up this offseason or you are extending players like Allen or Mack but they are only getting older...
              agree!.... TT gets credit for drafting obvious BPA's in first round ...... but most dot talk about how he misses wildly on rest of the draft....... which is why this team has had ZERO depth and horrible defenses for at least a decade.....

great GM's hit on picks after the 1st round.... and in FA.....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree!.... TT gets credit for drafting obvious BPA's in first round ...... but most dot talk about how he misses wildly on rest of the draft....... which is why this team has had ZERO depth and horrible defenses for at least a decade.....

great GM's hit on picks after the 1st round.... and in FA.....
                End of the day, there are ways to build a team. Draft, UDFAs, free agency, whatever
                Bottom line - his record is his record. Period. So I don't care if he hit on "this player" or "that player" - what is the damn record

And he should have been fired three years ago with Anthony Lynn

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                  I'm totally serious here... In my own little perfect world...

Fire Staley, promote Moore.
                  Fire TT, hire TOM BRADY to be GM.

I assume Brady would bring the same level of work ethic and accountability into a GM position that he did on the field... If John Lynch can do it, so can Brady.
                  But he is part owner of the Raiders. Just seems like kind of a conflict of interest doesnt it? Im not opposed to that idea...just think that Raiders tie makes it moot.

Been looking at some of the player personnel guys for the cowboys. I think Moore would get elevated and if so maybe he taps in to guys he knows in Dallas. They have built a good defense. And while Jerry ultimately picks the players....i think some of their guys that work under him that are not his children....could make decent GMs.

Joe Hortiz of the Ravens is a guy i touted in the past. I like the players they draft almost every year. Especially on defense. Kind of on board with a defensive minded former player running the show like Lynch....

Adam Peters of the niners might get some looks by teams next year as well.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

But he is part owner of the Raiders. Just seems like kind of a conflict of interest doesnt it? Im not opposed to that idea...just think that Raiders tie makes it moot.

Been looking at some of the player personnel guys for the cowboys. I think Moore would get elevated and if so maybe he taps in to guys he knows in Dallas. They have built a good defense. And while Jerry ultimately picks the players....i think some of their guys that work under him that are not his children....could make decent GMs.

Joe Hortiz of the Ravens is a guy i touted in the past. I like the players they draft almost every year. Especially on defense. Kind of on board with a defensive minded former player running the show like Lynch....

Seems like almost everyone coming out of the 49ers organization lately has been pretty good. Too soon to tell on Ryans.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Best case scenario:

1. Fire Staley
                      2. Moore to HC, calls plays
                      3. Fire Ainsley, hire a real DC with an actual track record as a DC multiple years in either NFL or college
                      4. Fire TT...hire a real asst. GM from a winning organization with multiple years in playoffs, plus good drafting record

That is all.
                      (For now...)
                      Nightmare scenario:

1). Staley fired but Moore takes HC job elsewhere
                      2). Another coordinator with no experience hired as HC
                      3). John Spanos slides into GM role

A non-zero probability this happens.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Well that just burst my bubble... I totally forgot.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Seems like almost everyone coming out of the 49ers organization lately has been pretty good. Too soon to tell on Ryans.
                          I havnt watched Ryans in Houston but i do like that scheme they run. Its also very well put together from a personal POV. I just see guys that used to be good...completely out of whack in this scheme. Just feels like a bunch of bad fits. We need a D mind that can take what we have and just make it average. I think this offense will rise...but the D will always seemingly kill us. Staley is just in way over his head. I think the Charger social media presence is really important to them...and Staley is a good rep of this team outside of winning. I know they love how he reps them. He just doesnt feel like a coach to me. This team puts so much time in front of the camera....shining turds....its maddening. I get 20 Charger notifications every day. And so much of it is players doing skits and doing things not related to getting better. Just doesnt feel like Staleys side of things are focused.

Comment

Working...
                          X