P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
      Day One...
      • Mar 2019
      • Brentwood, 94513
      • Send PM

We need someone opposite Bosa who is better than what we have. I think they let Newosu (so) low ball him and let him test the market. I rather spend money on someone better. Yes he showed so flash plays, but not enough to get paid.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I think Staley wants to keep Nwosu for the 'non splash' plays. He really believes Nwosu is a great fit for this defense, especially against the run on the edge. Nwuso was a bit inconsistent week to week but over the course of the season he improved tremendously in terms of his overall play in the defense.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
          We need someone opposite Bosa who is better than what we have. I think they let Newosu (so) low ball him and let him test the market. I rather spend money on someone better. Yes he showed so flash plays, but not enough to get paid.
          I think it would be a mistake to "low ball" him. He is an ascending player who's play really picked up as the season progressed. He was awesome against the Chiefs and the Faiders late in the season. I do think EDGE is a top need, but I believe he is one of the top three inhouse FA's the Chargers need to sign (Williams, Jones the other two followed closely by White)

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

I think it would be a mistake to "low ball" him. He is an ascending player who's play really picked up as the season progressed. He was awesome against the Chiefs and the Faiders late in the season. I do think EDGE is a top need, but I believe he is one of the top three inhouse FA's the Chargers need to sign (Williams, Jones the other two followed closely by White)
            Unless you are convinced Rumph II can step up and be more than solid - absolutely.

You need at minimum 3 good people on the edge who you can keep on rotating in or you are screwed in the 4rth Q.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

No, not really. McDuffie always seems to be there when I use a simulator. The few times he's already gone, I end up taking another guy I like a lot, too... Roger McCreary. I guess I just believe that a Staley-type CB is essential. Staley thought so, too. He brought in ex-Bronco, Chris Harris Jr, to play the slot. Super important to have CB's that can tackle. McDuffie and McCreary do that well. They're both very tough and competitive.

I know that Davis is a favorite here. He's a mountain that can anchor a DL. And I know that the run defense must get better.
              When Staley first got here, I started studying his LAR defense. He had stars there no doubt. But I started watching some of his less-known defensive starters... Sebastian Joseph-Day, Troy Reader, Kenny Young, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Justin Hollins, Greg Gaines... These guys do so many un-heralded things. I think we need some guys like that. I believe that the run defense will get better when people start doing the un-heralded things... stars and non-stars alike.
              Mentioning former players, I like the thought of bringing in Kenny Young as well for depth since being familiar with Staley and Fangio defensive schemes. On top of bringing in SJD.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

It’s about the Bengals but this sounds familiar.
                There has to be a sense of validation — vindication, even — for the defensive coordinator given what his first two seasons looked like.

Lou Anarumo could have been the fall guy. Should have been, in the minds of many outside the Bengals organization.

Much of the rubble from a 6-25-1 start to Zac Taylor’s head-coaching career lay at Anarumo’s feet. His Bengals defense ranked close to the bottom of the league in nearly every meaningful category, and it tended to play even worse in the key moments at the end of each half.

It seemed pretty clear most of the staff wouldn’t survive another season with double-digit losses. That meant if Taylor wanted to keep his job beyond 2021, he needed to either bring in a new defensive coordinator or have as much confidence in Anarumo as he did in himself.

Taylor never wavered. He made the ride-or-die call on Anarumo shortly after the 2020 season ended with the Ravens slapping around the Bengals for 38 points, the most they had allowed all season. Taylor still believed in the Anarumo’s scheme and, more importantly, still had faith in the man.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I wanna be an AFC guy,
                  but the Bengals are full of shit.

Rams defensive front will destroy.

Think of what Von did to Cam Newton.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    I wanna be an AFC guy,

I hope not. Rooting for the Bengals to deny McVay again.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Keep Nwosu. He is ascending as noted. He’s our second best ODL, and we need more than 2. Replace Farck, Rump, or other lesser beings.

The last thing I want to see his Nwosu log 8+ sacks in KC and wreak havoc next year, replacing Supah-Mel.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        Keep Nwosu. He is ascending as noted. He’s our second best ODL, and we need more than 2. Replace Farck, Rump, or other lesser beings.

The last thing I want to see his Nwosu log 8+ sacks in KC and wreak havoc next year, replacing Supah-Mel.
                        This. The D - even the run D - improved over the course of the season. A couple guys still are over-relied on (Tillery, Murray), but everyone else (younger guys) who played significant snaps seemed to really get better. Keep them, upgrade the problem areas.

Draft or FA, we can do this but hang onto White, Jones, Nwosu.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          I wanna be an AFC guy,

How J. Burrow perform in the rabbit role ?
                          Remember TEN's game ?
                          It's gonna be ugly !

Comment

Working...
                          X