Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    Should the Chargers give the Panthers this years 2nd round pick and next years 3nd round pick for Christian Mccaffrey or the same offer to the Giants for Saquon!

We could then mix that with Ek and our backfield would be solidified. Herbert with Mccaffrey would be sweet. Sigh I could see the Rams doing something like this.....not so much with TT!
    We already have a good RB that's injured most of the time (Jackson), no need to add another that's injured too much.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

We already have a good RB that's injured most of the time (Jackson), no need to add another that's injured too much.
      Jackson is no McCaffrey

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Jackson is no McCaffrey
        He is when they are on IR, and that's the point. The good news is we only used a 7th round pick for our often injured RB. They used a first.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
          Should the Chargers give the Panthers this years 2nd round pick and next years 3nd round pick for Christian Mccaffrey or the same offer to the Giants for Saquon!

We could then mix that with Ek and our backfield would be solidified. Herbert with Mccaffrey would be sweet. Sigh I could see the Rams doing something like this.....not so much with TT!
          No to McCaffery. Too many injuries and games missed on IR.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Obviously hard check on medicals required.

Would stay away from running him between the tackles, my concern when he came out. Yet low and behold they used him like DeAngelo and Stewart. Example of franchise only knowing one way to do things, not taking into account of a players strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              Obviously hard check on medicals required.

Would stay away from running him between the tackles, my concern when he came out. Yet low and behold they used him like DeAngelo and Stewart. Example of franchise only knowing one way to do things, not taking into account of a players strengths and weaknesses.
              His record is what it is. Absolute no to trading picks or a large contract.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post

omg I’m surprise u agree lol

well u can also keep current set up
                except play 2 linebacker up high in safety position

or lineup all safety and linebacker on the same yardline
                w 2 cb up high on opposing sidelines

Well you are posting in the forum that announced the demise of the traditional LB a couple years back lol (which was almost immediately walked back, go figure). Now we want to bring in Bobby Wagner if we can afford him, only an eight time PBer and very traditional LB lol again.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                  NFL reporter Jordan Schultz reports the Bengals, Chargers, 49ers, and Dolphins all have "legitimate interest" in free agent CB J.C. Jackson.

Cincinnati has multiple cornerbacks slated to hit free agency next week, and with Joe Burrow on his rookie contract, it makes sense for the up-and-coming to splurge on a top cover man. The Niners and Chargers also have big needs at the position, though the Dolphins already employ both Xavien Howard and Byron Jones. Jackson is going to get a big0time pay day next week.
                  What concerns me is outside of Asante Samuel for a couple of seasons, what other Patriot CB has done well after leaving Belichick?

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What concerns me is outside of Asante Samuel for a couple of seasons, what other Patriot CB has done well after leaving Belichick?
                    What CBs do you prefer?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Thats my concern with JC Jackson too. But playing it safe and going for a "safer" option might not be what the team needs. Its needs to be a smart decision from a football perspective, does he fit the scheme -- but I am good going for arguably the best potential defensive free agent option on the market and adding a big time need

Granted, Carlton Davis also could be a good option and using Schultz to blow smoke. (He blocked me on twitter as I said he wasn't right very often with NBA news - not good at all)

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

What CBs do you prefer?
                        Not sure. They all have their concerns. The draft might be better in this regard. Maybe allocate our FA money to other PON.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Chargers played against Jackson last year...at least they evaluated him up close.

It is worth pondering why Belichick does not want him.

Comment

Working...
                          X