• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This is true =--- but when you sign players as free agents towards the end of their careers and not the middle of their careers - that also doesn't help the chances for success
    Thomas Davis - made no sense - and he was an early free agent signing. he was cheap, thats its
    I’m thinking more about young guys like Orlando Franklin, Travis Benjamin, and even Trai Turner.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

The one thing Telesco needs to do with Mike Williams is do his best Bill Belichick in evaluating whether to keep him or not. He needs to take the emotion out of the last game against the Raiders , he needs to take the emotion about "how well liked he is in the building" out, he needs to take the emotion of him being one his draft picks. He needs to be honest about the year MW had. MW had a good year - some very good games and some not so good stretches. He dropped at least 4 passes inside the 5 yard and had a KEY drop against the Patriots.

I am still not franchising him and it all depends on the cap numbers and how his salary can be manipulated to work within the cap. I am still in the 4/66 ish range for Mike Williams. And if that means he finds another team - so be it.
      Problem is someone will overpay him. I just looked at the over the cap numbers and the 7 teams that have the best cap numbers would be in the market including the Chargers. I say Tag and trade to Jaguars or Jets for their high 3rd and 4th round picks if we don't want to pay mike w his asking price. Get something in return this season and not next. We can then use those picks to wheel and deal or just plain add depth to our roster.

:coffee:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Problem is someone will overpay him. I just looked at the over the cap numbers and the 7 teams that have the best cap numbers would be in the market including the Chargers. I say Tag and trade to Jaguars or Jets for their high 3rd and 4th round picks if we don't want to pay mike w his asking price. Get something in return this season and not next. We can then use those picks to wheel and deal or just plain add depth to our roster.

:coffee:
        I am fine keeping him at the right long term contract
        and I am fine with your option of tagging and trading - but this is where Telesco needs to be on the phone with other teams at the combine and what not.

I would rather the Chargers let him go than overpay for him

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

For those that think defense isn't as important any longer.

Screenshot_20220130-103130.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

This is true =--- but when you sign players as free agents towards the end of their careers and not the middle of their careers - that also doesn't help the chances for success
            Thomas Davis - made no sense - and he was an early free agent signing. he was cheap, thats its
            Agree and Akiem Hicks is a great player but he is gonna be 32 and been injured 2 of last 3 seasons. I'd still welcome him but I want to get younger.

It's why I looking at younger DTs like BJ HIll and SJD. We just have to outbid the Bengals for Hill and Rams for SJD.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree and Akiem Hicks is a great player but he is gonna be 32 and been injured 2 of last 3 seasons. I'd still welcome him but I want to get younger.

It's why I looking at younger DTs like BJ HIll and SJD. We just have to outbid the Bengals for Hill and Rams for SJD.
              Akiem Hicks as your secondary depth signing for IDL - as long as you like a HIll or SJD - fine

If Hicks is your primary IDL upgrade and you bring back minimum level veterans or UDFA types - thats not going to work for me and it won't be the difference maker the team needs on the DL.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

For those that think defense isn't as important any longer.

Screenshot_20220130-103130.png
                How come it’s the Os that keep winning them?

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

LOL! That's because they didn't have a championship defense. We built a beautiful Barn (Offense) but left off the Barn Doors (Defense) and all our Cows wandered off (Victories).

:whistlin:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Because the defense sux and can't get off the field on 3rd down. It's not a hard concept to follow. Chiefs defense not playing well, they had a losing record. Defense got it together, they are where they are.

Our defense getting worse and worse, sitting home watching.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Have you devolved to a state of trencher madness ?

"Outbid" for dirty work defensive tackles who are maybe a .0001% upgrade over Fehoko ?

I see numerous DTs,
                      ​​​​​each with some warts,
                      available with our late comp picks.

IMV invest in EDGE, DB, ORT.
                      Draft skill position.

Our run defense issues revolve somewhat around talent level, yes.
                      However, they are largely a matter of playing team defense--assignment football, and executing the bloody assignments.
                      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-30-2022, 02:02 PM.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Watching this years playoffs, and seeing how teams are using smaller, faster receivers to great effect, I'm willing to let MW walk.
                        Let's see if TT can find THAT type of WR, either in the draft or FA.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Personally, I don’t want 11 draft picks in camp, especially 8 day 3 picks. I’d prefer TT trades some of those late rounders for decent experienced starters/rotation guys on the DL. Use those first 3 picks on a RT and DBs. DTs aren’t going to beat KC.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X