• Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Los Angeles Chargers

Biggest remaining need: Offensive guard/offensive tackle

The Chargers’ last glaring need is on the offensive line. They are not going to enter 2022 with Storm Norton as their starting right tackle. They have the option of kicking Matt Feiler out from left guard to right tackle, so that is why I have listed guard and tackle.

If the Chargers kick Feiler out, they need a replacement at left guard. They could re-sign Oday Aboushi and draft a guard, and Brenden Jaimes would also be in the mix to start at either guard spot.

If the Chargers instead keep Feiler at left guard, they would need to find a new right tackle. The free agency market has dwindled at that position, and the Chargers traded their second-round pick to the Bears for Khalil Mack. It is harder to find a starting tackle than a starting guard. Daniel Popper

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Per randos on twitter and reddit Pipkins is working with Duke Mamyweather this offseason.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
        Per randos on twitter and reddit Pipkins is working with Duke Mamyweather this offseason.
        Pipkins has got this infectious smile and seems like a good dude to hang out with.

On Day one teaching Pipkins the fundamentals, I want Duke to straight up just jab Pipkins in the nuts. Just swoosh...a jab. Knock Pipkin's smile off his face. You got dudes trying to kill Hebert and you're out there smilin'.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

It would be nice if Pip losing a starting opportunity to storm caused him to have an epiphany, and he takes his game to another level, which would give us a solid RT...his limited play last year indicates he is ALMOST there...its possible, sure....but I wont be holding my breath.

Would be nice, though....
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

WE still need a RB with the ability to be the starter in some games if need be. Is Marlon Mack still out there???

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

It would be nice if Pip losing a starting opportunity to storm caused him to have an epiphany, and he takes his game to another level, which would give us a solid RT...his limited play last year indicates he is ALMOST there...its possible, sure....but I wont be holding my breath.

Would be nice, though....
              I hadn’t thought of it that way..losing out to Storm. That’s gotta sting.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

What took him so long?

Russell Okung was ages ago....he's has had the collective wisdom of Tevi and Slater and Storm to help guide him.
                Sure, in addition there was some position coach

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I hereby remove ORT from my PON list.

Invest in Pip.

Allocate cap space and draft capital elsewhere.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I hadn’t thought of it that way..losing out to Storm. That’s gotta sting.
                    You get demoted by Storm Norton? Gotta take that fallback and call yourself Duece Pipkins.

Here's to 2022's Quad Pipkins.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

While his play wasn't perfect, in his 2 games last year he seemed a lot more confident and patient. You have to account for the possibility he turned the corner mentally. The coaches will know this better than us.

Putting Pipkins at the end of the depth chart and really working on his development may have been the plan all along.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Pipkins has got this infectious smile and seems like a good dude to hang out with.

On Day one teaching Pipkins the fundamentals, I want Duke to straight up just jab Pipkins in the nuts. Just swoosh...a jab. Knock Pipkin's smile off his face. You got dudes trying to kill Hebert and you're out there smilin'.
                        No problem with him smiling.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

While his play wasn't perfect, in his 2 games last year he seemed a lot more confident and patient. You have to account for the possibility he turned the corner mentally. The coaches will know this better than us.

Putting Pipkins at the end of the depth chart and really working on his development may have been the plan all along.
                          Yeah, Staley said as much after cutdowns. Right now, the best that I see him as is a solid swing tackle. If by some miracle he becomes a good starting RT, then this coaching staff deserves major props.

Comment

Working...
                          X