• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The bottom two don’t sound too bad. First rated IDL?

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I think it's an easy guess that BPA/PON based on the current roster would likely be OL at #17.

but I think that can get Telesco in trouble leaning too hard toward PON instead of taking the BPA overall, especially if that PON position has already had a run on the talent.

Do you go with your 5th rated OL at #17?
      or
      Do you go with your 2nd rated CB at #17?

What if your #1WR somehow slipped to #17?
      This! Better to move back up to mid second round from third round and next years 2nd draft pick to get a good tackle prospect than overspend in the first. Star playmakers come first.

:Beer1:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I think it's an easy guess that BPA/PON based on the current roster would likely be OL at #17.

but I think that can get Telesco in trouble leaning too hard toward PON instead of taking the BPA overall, especially if that PON position has already had a run on the talent.

or

If I'm the GM, I don't need a OT - I already have him on my team

If the second rated CB is available, I'd take him.

I wouldn't use that pick for a WR, may as well use it for a QB. I don't need either of them.

A big time DT would interest me too.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

3rd WR is a starter on most teams. A first round WR would compete with Guyton, Palmer, and Parham for snaps.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            3rd WR is a starter on most teams. A first round WR would push with Guyton, Palmer, and Parham to the sidelines.
            Fixed it. Looks nice. Also that would make our three starting WRs first round picks/talents (Allen’s injury dropped him).

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I wouldn't use that pick for a WR, may as well use it for a QB. I don't need either of them.

I shared shared and said my piece on this; if we pick a OT in the first, it should be someone who will make an impact right away like Slater did. But not if it's one who will make the team and fans wait on them to make progress, I'm had my fill of that with Lamp and Feeney.

Another DT would do wonders. A penetrating one. Yeah the team acquired Sebastian Joseph Day. Yeah the team signed Austin Johnson. But the team doesn't have enough pass rush on the interior. And the saying that you cannot have enough pass rushers has proven not to be a myth. They have the people on the edge. But the interior? SBJ and AJ are guys who get clean-up sacks, like Justin Jones did. The team needs another penetrator, because Tillery is the only one. Covington does provide that, but his ability on it is on the decline.

RB interests me if the other positions of need can't be addressed. To do what the team needs, alleviating the burden from Ekeler.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

While I think the Chargers will go after a CB in this draft, I'm not so sure it will be in the 1st round.
                There are not a whole lot of formations that utilize 2 CB's. Meaning that a 1st round CB would probably put $9.3 million dollars (Michael Davis) on the bench.
                I'd rather put Storm Norton's $895,000 (zero dead money) on the bench.

I've got my eye on CB Marcus Jones in the 3rd round. Excellent slot corner... and the nation's best KR/PR.

Edit... I meant to type 4 CB's...
                Last edited by Boltnut; 03-23-2022, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

or

Up front, there are some top talents in this draft. One slips to us, Bingo!
                  Consensus ratings may not agree with Staley/ TT ratings.
                  What if our top rated G/T is mid- late 1st (consensus) Green / Zion ?
                  I still like the top DTs, Jones/ Wyatt or maybe 4-5th rated Edge, 2nd-4th DB.
                  We're in a good position to cherry-pick after our FA adds.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

While I think the Chargers will go after a CB in this draft, I'm not so sure it will be in the 1st round.
                    There are not a whole lot of formations that utilize 2 CB's. Meaning that a 1st round CB would probably put $9.3 million dollars (Michael Davis) on the bench.
                    I'd rather put Storm Norton's $895,000 (zero dead money) on the bench.

I've got my eye on CB Marcus Jones in the 3rd round. Excellent slot corner... and the nation's best KR/PR.
                    Sounds excellent! Quality of DB depth was a major issue last year.
                    -Double dipping DBs, KR/PR are needs. We have 3 CBs that are OK, Very Good, Elite. Need 2 more.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Wouldn't is be so great if we had one more big play dynamic player on Offense? Just think if we had a Deebo or a Tony Martin sort of WR to work in with what we already have?

I really believe tho if Parham comes back strong he could be this dynamic player we have been lacking. Could Palmer become this sort of player, maybe.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Sounds excellent! Quality of DB depth was a major issue last year.
                        -Double dipping DBs, KR/PR are needs. We have 3 CBs that are OK, Very Good, Elite. Need 2 more.

Simply put IF we draft a good CB in round 1 with round 1 abilities we have probably the best core of DB's in the league...Top 5 anyway.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                          Wouldn't is be so great if we had one more big play dynamic player on Offense? Just think if we had a Deebo or a Tony Martin sort of WR to work in with what we already have?

I really believe tho if Parham comes back strong he could be this dynamic player we have been lacking. Could Palmer become this sort of player, maybe.
                          Not knocking this idea but- dominant blocking will highlight dynamic players.

Comment

Working...
                          X