• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I think Araiza is that good, I would gladly use a 3 or 4 on him this year. Dude is a game changer.
    Just don't think we will punt that often to warrant a 3rd on him. 3rd round is too rich but let me ask,.....if he went to say Colorado St would you feel as strong about it?

Question for everyone really. I don't have bias for Aztecs.

​​​​​

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Just don't think we will punt that often to warrant a 3rd on him. 3rd round is too rich but let me ask,.....if he went to say Colorado St would you feel as strong about it?

​​​​​
      Punter is a downstream priority in the draft.
      The question remains, when the P is a generational college talent who is probably going to be the NFL's best for the next 5- 10 years, and will win games when asked, when do you draft him?
      There will be times when we need the best. If it's only one game? We've all seen how one game makes a difference.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

​​​​​
        I was born and raised in LA. My Alma mater is Taylor University (division II school) and Liberty University (I do have a bias for Willis). I have no connection to SD or SDSU. So my answer is yes. I think he is a generational punter and it would be worth a 3rd to have the best punter in the league for the next decade. JMHO

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I think Joshua Palmer is going to have a break out season in 2022. The 1st round of this draft is loaded with WR talent, and the Chargers will probably have the opportunity to draft one. But the Chargers are already deep at WR, it may be the deepest position group on the entire roster. So I don't know...

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Love Palmer and agree to a point. That point being stocking the shelves. Guyton will do for forth WR but if Allen or Williams go down for an extended period of time, not so much. Consider also the age of Allen and drafting for the eventually that he may have only a couple of years at his current production left and having a guy that will improve on Guyton and could grow into a x receiver. makes sense.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Yup. Gotta bring in a WR this draft, too.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

This TE class is really really good, so many of these guys are going to hit, it’s kind of crazy
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

He is the only one. Otton is ok but Hec Brooks don't have him in his top 5.

I know you pretty much stick with your guys no matter who we sign , hec you been mocking us Jobe for 2 years and he hasn't improved since last year.
                  ​​So whether we need that position or not, you have your guys.
                  We understand. I think had we also signed Anderson you would still justify a reason to draft Otton.

We may draft a TE or not and I don't dislike him at all but there are others I like better that may be there in round three if we do. I just think TE probably isn't much of a priority now to draft one in the 3rd.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-05-2022, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but we have 3 TEs and a fourth TE/FB hybrid...on top of that, we have zero IOL depth...no backup guards, no backup center....I am not even sure we have a starting RG in Jaimes...on top of that, our RB room is atrocious after Ekelor...I can't see us spending a mid round pick on one of these TE's, I don't care how good the class is. If one of them falls to the 5th or 6th round, maybe....but TE is way down the priority list for me. I see a versatile C/G and a 3 down RB to back up/share carries with Eke in rounds 3 and 4....at least I hope...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Should be a very OL heavy draft for us, yep.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but we have 3 TEs and a fourth TE/FB hybrid...on top of that, we have zero IOL depth...no backup guards, no backup center....I am not even sure we have a starting RG in Jaimes...on top of that, our RB room is atrocious after Ekelor...I can't see us spending a mid round pick on one of these TE's, I don't care how good the class is. If one of them falls to the 5th or 6th round, maybe....but TE is way down the priority list for me. I see a versatile C/G and a 3 down RB to back up/share carries with Eke in rounds 3 and 4....at least I hope...
                        Agree

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          No OC2.
                          OGs are Feiler, Jaimes, Hunter.
                          OTs are Slater, Norton, Pipkins, Sarell
                          We will bring in 2 OL at least. May get a post draft FA.

It's likely we'll take a RB @ 4-6th round.
                          WR could be taken any time.
                          #17 depends on who is there and how Staley likes the fit.
                          Personally I want an impact player in the 1st. I'm thinking DT-Edge-DB
                          but could be happy with a stud OL.

Comment

Working...
                          X